Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Birthday Present for an ex girlfriend

• 11-08-2010 2:53pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,761 ✭✭✭

Is it a good idea getting a birthday present for an ex. It's fast approaching and I would like to get something for her. Something to show that I still care for her but nothing that's gonna freak her out. Any suggestions?

We are still 'reasonably' close, we talk about once every week.

Oh, i put this on After Hours and got a less than helpful response...a rusty vibrator was one. Delightful :)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,540 ✭✭✭dublingal80

if you dont actually see her that often and just talk online, or by phone or text, I wouldnt get her anything. Even send her one of those e-cards, which will show her you were thinkin of her. Or even just a happy birthday email or txt will be fine. I doubt she is expecting you to get her anything since she is your ex

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

A birthday gift from an ex, even one I'm on good terms with, would give me the completely wrong idea. I'd find it quite creepy, and instantly assume they were still into me, interested in me. A happy birthday via e-mail or next time you see/talk to her is enough. People seem to find it very difficult to get their heads around an ex being in the past, over, not current.

How do you think her current bf (if she has one) would feel if he saw her getting a present from an ex?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 751 ✭✭✭Colonel_McCoy

Dont get her anything. Maybe happy birthday text and leave it at that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 494 ✭✭trio

No no no noooooo! Bad idea.

A happy birthday text. That should be it.

Otherwise she'll be a bit freaked out and wondering if she shoud read inferences into the wording on the card/choice of gift.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 788 ✭✭✭Sound Bite

Anything more than a short text or a card with little more than happy birthday written on it is too much.

If I got a present from any of my ex's even those I'm still on good terms with I'd think WTF and what's his agenda.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 139 ✭✭Hairspray

Sorry to but in but i am in a similar situation to the OP.
    Its my ex boyfriends birthday next Tuesday we very recently broke up (a week ago) for good reasons and are happy to be as friends,also know that its over and we ain't getting back together.I did however get him a 1 litre bottle of Captain Morgans for his birthday and i want to get him a card . Would that be weird or should i just leave it altogether?

It would feel weird if i didn't get him something....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 163 ✭✭tangerinepuppet

I think every situation is different. My last boyfriend got me a small birthday present two months after we broke up. I thought the gesture was lovely and not weird in the slightest. Not knowing your circumstances, I think an e-card would cover it, but if you feel like getting a present I don't think it's necessarily a bad thing to do. You know best.

Advertisement