Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Astec 63DV alarm system - going mad.

Options
  • 29-07-2010 9:56am
    Registered Users Posts: 44

I have the Astec 63DV alarm installed in the house for nearly 4 years now.

All of a sudden yesterday at around 7pm it started going off repeatedly saying tamper EOR in all the zones. I managed to get it stopped by setting the gain on the infrafed PIR to it's lowest possible - doesn't pick up any movement now but stopped the alarm.

So this was fine, stuck the alarm on Part mode and at about 2am is started again for about half an hour saying Infrared and Zone 1 & 2 were tamper. So after about 30 mins of disarming it and having it start again it decided to stop.

So went to bed and the same thing happened about 4am - bastard. Got out the manual I had from the installed and seen the engineer code - so put that in and it's been in Engineer Mode since - so got a bit of sleep.

So I seen somewhere else that to view the faults while in Engineer mode to press Clear 11. The results is it goes through all the Zones and Infrared with Tamper EOR error.

So anyone got any ideas - I've stuck up a post looking for the installation manual to see if there's anything I can figure out there.

I work on Pearse St so I can pop into Astec to get any parts I need.

Cheers :)

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Its not good. Try the following one by one and see if faults clear.

Totally power down wait a minute and power up (Power up battery first )

Disconnect phone line.

Disconnect all zones and close off each with 1.5k resistor.

Remove engineer lock. Remove factory link and power down totally again. Wait a minute and power up again.

• Registered Users Posts: 44 IrishJoker

Will give it a shot - thanks :)

Would it be worth my while also upgrading to the Astec Fusion panel - I've heard you mention it a few times ?

What's the price do you know and can it work with my existing system ?

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Replacing with Astec Fusion you would need a panel, a keypad, a PiR card and a voice dialler. I'd say €250-€350

• Registered Users Posts: 11,643 ✭✭✭✭altor

IrishJoker wrote: »
    I have the Astec 63DV alarm installed in the house for nearly 4 years now.

All of a sudden yesterday at around 7pm it started going off repeatedly saying tamper EOR in all the zones. I managed to get it stopped by setting the gain on the infrafed PIR to it's lowest possible - doesn't pick up any movement now but stopped the alarm.

So this was fine, stuck the alarm on Part mode and at about 2am is started again for about half an hour saying Infrared and Zone 1 & 2 were tamper. So after about 30 mins of disarming it and having it start again it decided to stop.

So went to bed and the same thing happened about 4am - bastard. Got out the manual I had from the installed and seen the engineer code - so put that in and it's been in Engineer Mode since - so got a bit of sleep.

So I seen somewhere else that to view the faults while in Engineer mode to press Clear 11. The results is it goes through all the Zones and Infrared with Tamper EOR error.

So anyone got any ideas - I've stuck up a post looking for the installation manual to see if there's anything I can figure out there.

I work on Pearse St so I can pop into Astec to get any parts I need.

Defaulting the panel will bring it back to factory setting and more than likely clear the fault. I would try this before replacing the panel.

Doing a factory reset - will this mean I'll need to set up all the Zones and phone stuff ??

• Advertisement

Yes. Very easy to programme though.

Ah good, sure I have the manual ;) -

Thanks lads for all your help - much appreciated

Will let you's know how I get on...

Ah good, sure I have the manual ;) -

Thanks lads for all your help - much appreciated

Will let you's know how I get on...

Very good system plus very easy to program. If you have any problems, you will always get help here.

So when I got home and I did the Clear 11 command again it showed no problems..weird

So I have it running on the soak test - see if that can find anything - gonna leave it run as long as possible to try to wean out the problem.

Toodles :)

So I ran the Soak test all night on all sensors and contacts including the infrared - and this morning there were no problems. I do think the problem is with the Infrared because when I change the settings on it to full gain - like it was initially - it was showing an error.
    It seems somehow that the PIR was setting off everything or shorting out or something - does this seem likely ??

The PIR is an Astec S50 - so I think I'll buy one anyway and stick it in, see what happens.

• Advertisement

So I ran the Soak test all night on all sensors and contacts including the infrared - and this morning there were no problems. I do think the problem is with the Infrared because when I change the settings on it to full gain - like it was initially - it was showing an error.
    It seems somehow that the PIR was setting off everything or shorting out or something - does this seem likely ??

The PIR is an Astec S50 - so I think I'll buy one anyway and stick it in, see what happens.

Thats very unlikely. Whether the PiR is low gain or not would make little or no difference. If disconnecting the PiR altogether solved it then its possible a problem with the channel. Is there any thing else wired on the same cable as the phoneline to the panel?

I would not think so, it would have no affect on the zones. I would default the panel back to factory setting and reprogram it. That should clear any faults that might be in the panel its self.

The main thing I have seen cause EOL across all zones it a zone on the same cable as the phone line & an intermittant short between the 2 .

Agreed. It is never advisable to put other devices on the same cable as the phone line as the voltage will cause interference.

I'll take a look when I get home later on, see if I can see anything - anything specific I should be looking out for ?

If nothing looks wrong I think I'll do the factory reset this evening :)

Thanks again lads :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3 holedoc

Hi anyone on here have the installation manual for the Aztec 63dv. I would appreciate it if you could post it up here or send it to me. Thanks for any help

holedoc wrote: »
    Hi anyone on here have the installation manual for the Aztec 63dv. I would appreciate it if you could post it up here or send it to me. Thanks for any help

Replied in the manuals request thread ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Cloud Wrangler

Hi I am looking for the installation manual for a Astec 49DV

Thanks,

I PMed you that manual. Hope it helps.

• Registered Users Posts: 12 garry gold

Hi would any one know where I could get a PIR for the Astec 63DV alarm system???

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1 laurpius

garry gold wrote: »
    Hi would any one know where I could get a PIR for the Astec 63DV alarm system???
    I know this is an old thread,but I have a new Astec S50 infrared detector-if you're still looking !

A global PIR can be added to this system too for anyone who might be stuck.

Advertisement