Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

scam ?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,258 ✭✭✭swingking

Says China so guessing it is

• Closed Accounts Posts: 760 ✭✭✭hbr

the_monkey wrote: »

Has to be , 5D MKII for €900 ....

Registered through: GoDaddy.com, Inc.
    Domain Name: BESTOWNSTORE.COM
    Created on: 17-Jun-10
    Expires on: 17-Jun-11
    Last Updated on: 17-Jun-10

Payment via bank transfer only (except for VIP customers). The on-line
    form even has a box for "taxes" which they add to the checkout total.

Nuff said.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,556 ✭✭✭the_monkey

unreal, i got this add through Google ...

you would think they would want to filter out this crap ..

not that i ever thought it was real ...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,972 ✭✭✭joepenguin

vk cameras was another one. They had prices low enough to be a bargain but high enough to seem legit. The site itself looked dodge but i bet they caught a lot of people out. Gumtree is unreal for scams, both buyers and sellers.

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭rubdub

Canon 70-200 2.8 L IS ..where do I sign up!!! :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 760 ✭✭✭hbr

I think it is a bad idea to post direct links to these scam
    site offers. Some poor fool might just take them seriously.
    You might think this is unlikely, but remember that some
    people actually fell for the Nigerian 419 scams.
    I need your help to get a big box of money out of the
    country etc...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 dns61

the_monkey wrote: »
    http://www.bestownstore.com/goods.php?id=504

Has to be , 5D MKII for €900 ....

----
    Pay at your own peril

www.bestownstore.com www.bestownstore.com www.bestownstore.com www.bestownstore.com www.bestownstore.com www.bestownstore.com

Is in my view a REAL CHINA PAYMENT GOOD BYE SCAM.

Read the form of payments, very unusual for a shop-front in Beijing. The address in google does not exist: Company Address : Wangfujing Building, No.6, tianwang RD., Haiden District,Beijing,China.
    Tel: +86-010-82226512 E-mail: sales@bestownstore.com

Payment to [and get this] The Name of "Company - Person" named by as recipient changes. And the "address appears as a front" 1.Beneficiary's Bank : China Merchants Bank,H. O. Shenzhen
    2.SWIFT code(BIC): CMBCCNBS (or CMBCCNBSXXX)
    3.Beneficiary's a/c no. : 6225881205673527
    4.Beneficiary's name: DENG JUNFENG
    (First name: DENG, Last name: JUNFENG)

5.Bank address: China Merchants Bank Tower No.7088, Shennan Boulevard, Shenzhen, China
    6.Beneficiary's address: Waiwen Tower No.1, Suzhou road, Shenzhen, China

Paypal is only available for VIP MEMBER.
    Foreign exchange system is very strict in china, and PayPal is also strict for Chinese.
    Normally we can cash the dollar in PayPal account about 2 months later after business. This has enabled us to the very large cash flow pressure. At the same time, the Renminbi appreciate everyday, two months time means we can cash less. And in the process of cash , we need pay many commission charge, lots of profit was swallowed. To open the foreign market, we sell our merchandise on a cheap price, only get a reasonable profit .
    On the other hand, for the Chinese PayPal account, funding is very limited capacity. We must economize the PayPal capacity for our big payment with the long-term customers. This is the most important. Please understand us.
    Become VIP MEMBER: buy from here more than 5 times or first order form and chooses above €3,000 pays Wire Transfer (T/T).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 dns61

www.bestownstore.com www.bestownstore.com www.bestownstore.com www.bestownstore.com www.bestownstore.com www.bestownstore.com

IS A SCAM - DO NOT TRANSFER FUNDS, AS YOU WON'T GET YOUR MONEY BACK, AND I DON'T THINK THE GOODS WILL ARRIVE...

SITE LOOKS REAL UNTIL YOU LOOK CLOSER - SEE PAYMENT METHOD. NOT A PROCESS FOR REAL COMPANY TRADING ANYWHERE ECSPECIALLY IN CHINA FOR THE TOURISTS... TOO CHEAP,

Advertisement