Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What's the lowest Coin you will bend down to pick up??

Options
  • 14-07-2010 1:34am
    Registered Users Posts: 11,919 ✭✭✭✭

Ok, you're walking along and ya see a coin on the floor, what's the lowest value coin you'd bend down to pick up?

Mine's gotta be 50cent, wouldn't bother with anything lower.

This also goes for if you drop the coin, like if i dropped 10cent, i wouldn't bother me arse pickin it up.

What is the LOWEST valued coin you will bend down to pick up? 275 votes

1 cent
    0% 0 votes
    2 cent
    22% 62 votes
    5 cent
    0% 1 vote
    10 cent
    7% 20 votes
    20 cent
    18% 52 votes
    50 cent
    17% 48 votes
    1 Euro
    24% 67 votes
    2 Euro
    9% 25 votes

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,308 ✭✭✭Ricardo G

Things are so tight with me i'd pick up monopoloy money:D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,462 ✭✭✭Kiwi_knock

I have never left a man coin behind

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,918 ✭✭✭✭orourkeda

Ricardo G wrote: »
    Things are so tight with me i'd pick monopoloy money:D

Anything goes

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,202 ✭✭✭Jeboa Safari

a cent usually, depends, does feel stingy though

• Closed Accounts Posts: 542 ✭✭✭cleremy jarkson

I'd say 5 cent. I'd say about one in five times I see a 5 cent coin on the ground I will pick it up. It just seems valuable enough in my mind to be worth picking up.

1 cent and 2 cent....I could only imagine picking these up if I was, say, standing at an empty bus stop waiting for a bus....or cleaning out my room and finding them under my bed, or behind a drawer.

For 10 cent coins, I'd say I pick them up about four times out of five. It would depend on where I was standing; if I was at a busy bus stop or standing in a queue in a shop, I wouldn't bother but if I walked past one on the street I definitely would.

For 20 cent coins, I'd pick them up 95% of the time (I'd guess) and for 50 cents, 1 euro's or 2 euro's I ALWAYS pick them up.

EDIT: I also pick up ANY coin if I've just dropped it...unless I'm in a busy or dark nightclub, in which case I will only bend down and pick up 20 cent coins and upwards.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,959 ✭✭✭Degag

10c.

The owner of my local once picked 2c out of a urinal there, which i thought was pretty stingy! Maybe that's why he owns the pub!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭Plowman

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 476 ✭✭Nuggles

I'd pick up one cent.

Was brought up to appreciate any money that comes my way.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,842 ✭✭✭shinikins

Any coin on the ground lol!! And there tends to be a lot of coppers on the ground nowadays so you'll find a euro's worth in no time! I have a jar at home that all the small coins go into, and every once in a while i lodge it to the bank..... ever little helps!! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 11,554 ✭✭✭✭alwaysadub

Not that i see too much money lying about :( but i'd definitely pick up 50c and above-i found 50c the other day actually. If there was no one around though, and it was right in front of me, i might pick up a 20c or 10c. I'm not too bothered bout picking up coppers.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 688 ✭✭✭Roomic Cube

shinikins wrote: »
    Any coin on the ground lol!! And there tends to be a lot of coppers on the ground nowadays so you'll find a euro's worth in no time! I have a jar at home that all the small coins go into, and every once in a while i lodge it to the bank..... ever little helps!! :D

i have one of those jars that counts up the money as you put it in, have near 70 euro in it now

id pick up 50 cent, but i'd also pick up a cent for luck

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,094 ✭✭✭jd007

I'd say 5 cent. I'd say about one in five times I see a 5 cent coin on the ground I will pick it up. It just seems valuable enough in my mind to be worth picking up.

1 cent and 2 cent....I could only imagine picking these up if I was, say, standing at an empty bus stop waiting for a bus....or cleaning out my room and finding them under my bed, or behind a drawer.

For 10 cent coins, I'd say I pick them up about four times out of five. It would depend on where I was standing; if I was at a busy bus stop or standing in a queue in a shop, I wouldn't bother but if I walked past one on the street I definitely would.

For 20 cent coins, I'd pick them up 95% of the time (I'd guess) and for 50 cents, 1 euro's or 2 euro's I ALWAYS pick them up.

EDIT: I also pick up ANY coin if I've just dropped it...unless I'm in a busy or dark nightclub, in which case I will only bend down and pick up 20 cent coins and upwards.

Jaysus you put a lot of thought into that! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 202 ✭✭Peppapig

Apparently from an economics point of view, the opportunity cost (for a cashier) of picking up a penny is higher than actually notpicking it up and serving a customer:confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,222 ✭✭✭robbie_998

just about to go through the exit into work (yes walk in through the exit) and i allowed the people to come out first before i entered..... fecking fat woman found a fiver on the way right in front of me !!!

But anyways... myself would have to be 10c

• Registered Users Posts: 9,706 ✭✭✭Midnight_EG

This poll should be public so we can see who the tight cunts and the scroungers of AH are! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,629 ✭✭✭magma69

I went to pick up a coin once. Turned out it was glued to the ground and a bunch kids laughed and hurled abuse at me for falling for their skullduggery as I walked away in shame.

Anytime I see a coin I am tempted to go for it but the images of the pointing and laughing return and I suddenly scream and run home crying. The therapy helps a little though.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,213 ✭✭✭bonzodog2

I'll pick up any coins off the ground. A couple of years ago, I kept all of the money I found on the street/by the checkouts in Tesco/etc in a different jar to the shrapnel I didn't take out again. After a year it came to about 13 euro.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,228 ✭✭✭epgc3fyqirnbsx

Never bother tbh

Wrote my name in the tar with pennies one time and this auld scab called Bride Ned went after them one hot day with a plastic fork. That was the worse I've seen

• Registered Users Posts: 3,629 ✭✭✭magma69

This poll should be public so we can see who the tight cunts and the scroungers of AH are! :pac:

Yes, this thread will overlap with this quite a lot methinks. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,222 ✭✭✭robbie_998

magma69 wrote: »
    I went to pick up a coin once. Turned out it was glued to the ground and a bunch kids laughed and hurled abuse at me for falling for their skullduggery as I walked away in shame.

Anytime I see a coin I am tempted to go for it but the images of the pointing and laughing return and I suddenly scream and run home crying. The therapy helps a little though.

haha... the good oul taxi lads taking the piss on parnell street glued a few 20c coins and 10c coins to the ground and laughing their bollox's off at the poor suckers picking them up

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,547 ✭✭✭Agricola

Jaysus, look at all you stingy fúckers! Id only exert meself for 50cent. Nothing less. And Im not exactly loaded.
    I know this cause the only coins I have jar fulls of are 1c, 2c, 5c, 10c and 20c. From 50c up, I spend as I go.

• Registered Users Posts: 555 ✭✭✭Smartly Dressed

If it's brown, leave it down. If it's gold, grab hold.

Basically, 10+

• Registered Users Posts: 4,526 ✭✭✭brendansmith

Floor level

• Closed Accounts Posts: 967 ✭✭✭Jigga

i have one of those jars that counts up the money as you put it in, have near 70 euro in it now
    I have never heard of one of these, where are they sold?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,959 ✭✭✭Degag

Lol, remended me of this little fella....

Anyone else have one of these when younger?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,033 ✭✭✭Limerick_Lass

When I was bored at work before, I used to glue a coin on the footpath outside the window...... oh the good times :D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,838 ✭✭✭Nulty

Peppapig wrote: »
    Apparently from an economics point of view, the opportunity cost (for a cashier) of picking up a penny is higher than actually notpicking it up and serving a customer:confused:

in english?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭Fromvert

One euro if I'm walking along and it's close enough to me. 50c if it's my own and I drop it but if it rolls anymore then a foot or two away forget it the coin is no longer mine.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭Amalgam

Jigga wrote: »
    I have never heard of one of these, where are they sold?

Just Googled.. Priced lower than I was expecting.

http://www.play.com/Gadgets/Gadgets/4-/6577986/Electronic-Money-Counting-Jar/Product.html

(Play, link above, have it for less than ten euro!)

http://gstore.ie/products/Gadgets/Euro_Counting_Money_Jar.html

http://www.pixmania.ie/ie/uk/6012287/art/cooldevice/coin-counting-jar-euro.html

http://www.coolest-gadgets.com/20060417/coin-counting-money-jar/

http://www.amazon.com/Digital-Coin-Counting-Money-Jar/dp/B000ODRMLS

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,700 ✭✭✭fonecrusher1

I save all my near useless copper shrapnel for a few weeks. Then head into tescos when its quiet and pump all those smelly tiny coins back into the self service checkouts where they came from in the first place.:)

The 1cent coin is the most retarded idea ever. I have about 50 of them lying in my car floor. Must be almost a euros worth just sitting there.

/waits for someone to spot the mathematical error....

Advertisement