Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

APCP - Association of Professional Counsellors and Psychotherapist in Ireland

Options
  • 06-07-2010 9:28pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4

Hi I am an guidance counsellor can anyone tell me about a group called APCP which I am lead to beleive stands for the Association of Professional Counsellors and Psychotherapist in Ireland, Was at a conference in Mallow today and there was a lot of discussion on it. Any assistance welcome

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Greenlady 1

Hi Liberator

The Association of Professional Counsellors in Ireland or APCP is a professional body that represents over 900 qualified professional counsellors in Ireland. Unlike other bodies all its members are qualified to degree level or higher - if you dont have a relevant degree you do not get in simple. Its website is due to launch in the next few weeks and from what I hear it will have the same effect as jumping from black and white tv to 3D tv in one go and will radically change how the profession is viewed in Ireland. Will come back to you as developments unfold

Greenlady

• Registered Users Posts: 578 ✭✭✭stuf

I hear it will have the same effect as jumping from black and white tv to 3D tv in one go

NCII/APCP does itself no service with childish statement like this

• Registered Users Posts: 2,327 ✭✭✭hotspur

stuf wrote: »
    NCII/APCP does itself no service with childish statement like this

NCII trains kids out of school with their leaving cert, the op and similar NCII people on here could be 21 years of age. That may account for the ludicrous language and statements they come out with. Assuming of course that it isn't just the same shill under different usernames.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 suitsmefine

Ah what a childish reply that is - they do counselling studies the same a people out of school study psychology no different. Now let really have a discussion that show some level of intelligence . Word on the grapevine is that APCP have been in national negotiations with organisations and that major announcements are now imminent . While I have a small insight into this I would like to tell liberator that she may not be too far wrong in what she heard at the conference and that counselling in Ireland is about to get some new programmes that will really determine the future of the profession in Ireland for the next decade. Simple if they are not doing it right why is everybody talking about them but more importantly talking to them. If as is being discussed the FAMOUS 5 is true and that they are about to come into being what does that tell us.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,991 ✭✭✭mathepac

Ah what a childish reply that is - they do counselling studies the same a people out of school study psychology no different Now let really have a discussion that show some level of intelligence ...
    Hopefully they can teach people to keep case notes in English of a higher standard than that of your post (using complete sentences, proper punctuation, paragraphs, consistent tenses, grammar, etc. would assist the reader in comprehending your input)
    ... Word on the grapevine is that APCP have been in national negotiations with organisations and that major announcements are now imminent . ...
    The reason for that is that the "word" and "grapevine" have been created by posters in various threads on here and when challenged to substantiate your claims with hard evidence, you seem unable to.
    ... While I have a small insight into this ...
    It is my belief that you and other posters with very low post-counts who are pro-A.P.C.P. and pro-N.C.I.I. actually have vested ineterests pushing this message. Why not declare your affiliations openly?
    ... Simple if they are not doing it right why is everybody talking about them ...
    The reality is that not everybody is talking about them only "you and other posters with very low post-counts who are pro-A.P.C.P. and pro-N.C.I.I.I." are doing any "talking", IMHO.
    ... If as is being discussed the FAMOUS 5 is true and that they are about to come into being what does that tell us.
    I'm not sure what that means or if it's meant as a statement or a question, but interestingly it has a similar pattern of grammatical errors as the web-site.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,327 ✭✭✭hotspur

While I have a small insight into this I would like to tell liberator that she may not be too far wrong in what she heard at the conference and that counselling in Ireland is about to get some new programmes that will really determine the future of the profession in Ireland for the next decade.

Who said Liberator is a she?

As far as I'm concerned you are all either one person or a group of people who are coordinating this on here with all your new accounts.

"I heard that", "Word on the grapevine is", "Rumour is" - all the same pattern.

I for one am finished interacting with all of these new accounts set up to promote NCII.

And anybody who can't see the difference between studying the academic subject of psychology as a 17 year old and training as a psychotherapist at that age has no insight into any aspect of either field.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement