Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Aricultural Economics Leaving Cert

Options
  • 10-06-2010 12:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3

Hi ,
    I am taking up ag economics for 6th year on the advice of my guidance teacher . I have tried to get as much information as i can on but i its quite difficult because so few students do it. So if anyone has done it or teaches the subject it would be great if you could tell me what you thought. Also is there a textbook i could get to get an idea of the course before i go back in September ? Thanks
    Tagged:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 834 ✭✭✭Reillyman

Hmmm, not sure if you realise but English Paper 2 is on in 1h 20mins, don't think your going to get any help until this evening.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,229 ✭✭✭pathway33

only 67 people in the country did agricultural economics last year in the leaving. I'd say help will be thin on the ground. Why not do economics instead?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 777 ✭✭✭Mayoegian

Hey Sarah:)
    The Ag. Economics course is probably one of the smallest there is-the notes are only 72 pages long. The course encompasses basic economic principles and European subsidies like CAP. You have to do a project as well, which, if you're doing Ag. Economics outside of school you will have to get your principal to sign off on it. I don't do this subject but I know a bit about it!

If you want more info, search this forum and you'll get a few old threads on it!;)

Good Luck with whatever you decide!:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 777 ✭✭✭Mayoegian

Oh, and as far as I know, there are only teachers available in Kilkenny, Limerick and Cork-but there could be more elsewhere!:)

• Registered Users Posts: 1 fionadunne91

Hey sarah, I'm thinking of doing the course… Just wondering were you able to find any notes on the course when you did it?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 594 ✭✭✭d1234

Hi everyone,

I would be interested in hearing about agricultural economics. I tried to enquire about it over the summer - called the NCCA and didn't really get anywhere. All that I heard was that there is a project aspect and it accounts for 20%?? Info is very thin on the ground. Good luck D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46 teach432

Hi all. I am an Agricultural Economics teacher. It is a very rare subject with only a handful of teachers left in the whole country.

As already mentioned, there is a project worth 20%. However, this needs to be signed off by a teacher so if ye are looking to do a subject by yourselves, Ag Ec is probably not the best option for ye. What about Economics?

Advertisement