Dept of Social Welfare, Coolock - boards.ie
Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

15-03-2010, 15:44   #1
blastman

Dept of Social Welfare, Coolock

Is there any chance in the current climate of work-to-rules and go-slow(er)s, that they would actually answer the phone? Although it's now the closest office, it's not exactly easy to get to and the query I have would probably take all of ten seconds to answer.
Advertisement
15-03-2010, 19:07   #2
Eoineo

That would be an emphatic no.

Nothing that the benefits board can't help you with?
15-03-2010, 19:33   #3
Frank Spencer

Quote:
Originally Posted by blastman View Post
Is there any chance in the current climate of work-to-rules and go-slow(er)s, that they would actually answer the phone? Although it's now the closest office, it's not exactly easy to get to and the query I have would probably take all of ten seconds to answer.

I had the same problem so I rang the Ballymun office and they were able to help me with my query. Worth a shot!
16-03-2010, 09:37   #4
Rushwan

Phone revenue query line 1890 66 22 44. They are generally very good for answering the phones and are very helpful, worked for me.
16-03-2010, 12:03   #5
tatli_lokma

they never answered the phones before the work to rule, so I would say you have bugger all chance of getting an answer now!
sorry!
Thanks from:
Advertisement
17-03-2010, 09:45   #6
Rushwan

Worth a try! As I say, worked for me recently!
04-06-2010, 14:34   #7
anthony.mccoy

The best solution to the problem of social welfare offices not answering the phone is to keep re-dialing again and again until it drives them crackers and they have no option but to answer. I have been trying to get through for weeks. Today I decided to keep re-dialing and hey presto - 13 attempts later somebody answered! If everybody does this than they will realise that the best thing to do for their own sanity, is to answer the phone when it rings - which after all is what we pay them to do.
04-06-2010, 14:45   #8
DixiDee

I used tel no 1890 22 55 77 and got through direct to Coolock, It was a couple of mths ago though and they answered straight away and were suprisingly helpful, worth a try

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion