Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Writing CV for 16 year old

• 16-05-2010 9:16pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 113 ✭✭

Hi
    I need to help my nephew write up his cv for a part time job. He is still in school at present about to do his leaving cert. The thing is I'm clueless as to where to start as I have never done a cv for someone who hasn't had much work experience, I am at a loss as to what to say. He has helped out a few times for a friend at a local pub collecting glasses. Do I include this?
    Does anyone know of a good example I can use or can you direct me to a good website that could help?
    Thanks a million in advance. Any help greatly appreciated!
    Jo

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,584 ✭✭✭digme

I am at a loss as to what to say.
    he's 16 nothing much to say really.He will get the job a 16 year old gets,you don't need a big massive cv,keep it simple and to the point,he's 16 after all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 56 ✭✭MissFitz

At that age, a one page CV is enough. I would just list

Personal Details: name, address, DOB (important as it impacts on the number of hours he can legally work etc.)

Education: School address; maybe his JC results if they were ok, mention that he is currently doing his LC.

Hobbies / Interests: I would list any sports he is involved in including names of clubs (if applicable), if he is PC literate I would list that he has an interest in computing, maybe list reading

Achievements: any special awards he has achieved at school, sporting achievements, courses completed (if any) - first aid, ECDL, etc.

Work experience: I would mention the glass collecting, and also any voluntary work or help with school events

References: Say that they are available upon request. I would have these people asked in advance so they are aware, ask the friend at the pub and maybe a teacher also

Advertisement