Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

better weather - crazier commute

Options
  • 13-05-2010 8:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 242 ✭✭

has anyone experienced more dangerous commuting conditions this week? I had 3 near misses and a few more scares due to careless drivers.

a guy in a big jeep who looked like Alan Partridge just veered across the bike path outside Clontarf Baths without looking and made be side-skid to avoid him. he just looked kind of meek and drove off.

I checked my cloaking device but it was definately set to 'off'.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,525 ✭✭✭kona

justo wrote: »
    has anyone experienced more dangerous commuting conditions this week? I had 3 near misses and a few more scares due to careless drivers.

a guy in a big jeep who looked like Alan Partridge just veered across the bike path outside Clontarf Baths without looking and made be side-skid to avoid him. he just looked kind of meek and drove off.

I checked my cloaking device but it was definately set to 'off'.

Not on the bike but twice in the car.

1st was some prick in a BMW cut me up, state of them, such a sad reminder of the celtic tiger, BMW 318i poverty spec....yea nice status symbol ye ****ing metrosexual prick, enjoy the dole que.

2nd was a fat bastard on a BMW Motorbike, had a deathwish, cuts me up then decides to start accelerating and braking in front of me.....Felt like planting the throttle and introducing my bonnet to his arse, ****ing retard.

So yea BMW = Balding Middle-aged ****.

But suprisingly its been a quiet few months on the bike....I think Im due a big one :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,674 ✭✭✭Peetrik

Yeah I came millimeters from being doored by some woman playing with her sunglasses as she opened the door today.
    Very calmly tried to tell her that she could have really hurt me and I got a "I said I was sorry...Gawwwddd"

I dont care how many cars beep, Im sitting in the middle of the road from now on :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,236 ✭✭✭Idleater

Peetrik wrote: »
    I dont care how many cars beep, Im sitting in the middle of the road from now on :)
    Just give a big wave in a very friendly manner when they beep. Exactly like if you know them and were saying hello. Confuses them no end.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,246 ✭✭✭Hungrycol

kona wrote: »
    Not on the bike but twice in the car.

1st was some prick in a BMW cut me up, state of them, such a sad reminder of the celtic tiger, BMW 318i poverty spec....yea nice status symbol ye ****ing metrosexual prick, enjoy the dole que.

2nd was a fat bastard on a BMW Motorbike, had a deathwish, cuts me up then decides to start accelerating and braking in front of me.....Felt like planting the throttle and introducing my bonnet to his arse, ****ing retard.

But suprisingly its been a quiet few months on the bike....I think Im due a big one :)

Tut tut. Steriotyping doesn't do anyone any good.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,679 ✭✭✭bcmf

kona wrote: »
    1st was some prick in a BMW cut me up, state of them, such a sad reminder of the celtic tiger, BMW 318i poverty spec....yea nice status symbol ye ****ing metrosexual prick

2nd was a fat bastard on a BMW Motorbike ****ing retard.

I take it you dont drive a beemer :D

• Advertisement
Advertisement