If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

It's finally arrived - Onkyo TXSR-608 AV 7.2 Receiver

Options
  • 05-05-2010 1:15pm
    Company Representative Posts: 9,457 ✭✭✭

picture.php?albumid=1039&pictureid=6126

Ok Boardies - it is finally here - the most awaited AV receiver for the last 12 months is in stock!

It's 3D ready HDMI 1.4 and a pretty serious looking piece of kit.

For a start, you get six of the latest HDMI® 1.4a inputs for simple hook-up of all your high-def sources.

HDMI 1.4a also brings compatibility with the new 3D video format, as well as an Audio Return Channel from your display back to the receiver (ie TV audio via your 7.2 / 5.1 speakers).

Complementing HDMI on the input front, you have an analog RGB video input for connecting your PC, and a Universal Port for Onkyo peripherals.

All video sources, regardless of resolution, can be upscaled to 1080p via HDMI and Faroudja DCDi Cinema™. Audio processing incorporates quality Burr-Brown DACs, lossless Dolby and DTS codecs, and the expanded surround formats of Audyssey DSX™ and Dolby Pro Logic® IIz. Three-stage inverted Darlington circuitry and jitter-cleaning technology work to ensure extremely precise and faithful amplification.

In recognition of the TX-SR608’s outstanding A/V prowess, it has been awarded THX® Select2 Plus Certification.

It's 160Watts/Channel into 6 Ohms and there is an optional dock available for all you poddies out there.

It is launching at £449.95 however we are doing a Boardie launch special on it at just €488.99 - which I think makes it cheaper than most dealers in the ROI on the old TXSR607!

We have them in stock today in bulk and ready to ship - so just give us a shout if we can assist in any way,

ATB,

John Mc & Crew

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 922 ✭✭✭whosedaddy?

Nice... you have both black and silver for that price?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,245 ✭✭✭ADSLUSER

Do you also stock the ipod doc and if so, how much?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,469 ✭✭✭Mr_Roger_Bongos

1st time poster in this forum but long time lurker!

I have to complement Richer Sounds here, this is another great offer on a brand new piece of kit.

You guys have really realised the potential of these forums and it's been very good for both retailer and the boardies. Matching knowledgeable customers with top spec kit, at a great price, all coupled with incentivising discount and your great rep for looking after customers - A tip of the cap to you sir!

I've previously bought a Panasonic 42X10B from you and haven't had any problems so far (touch wood) but will definately be expanding my av system through you guys in future. Fairplay!

• Company Representative Posts: 9,457 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: John

Nice... you have both black and silver for that price?

whosedaddy,

yep we have both available at the same price (Silver is to order) - I just posted the silver pic because I thought it looked classier and the black pic on the Onkyo site is really dark so you can't make out any of the detail.

Keep us posted if you would like to pop one on order and we will get you sorted,

ATB,

John Mc & Crew

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

ADSLUSER wrote: »
    Do you also stock the ipod doc and if so, how much?

Yep we stock all the Onkyo Docks the correct one for the 608 is the UP-A1 and we sell it at just £79.95 - we also stock the stunning digital dock the NS-D1 at £139.95.

Keep us posted if we can help!

ATB,

John Mc & Crew

• Advertisement

1st time poster in this forum but long time lurker!

I have to complement Richer Sounds here, this is another great offer on a brand new piece of kit.

You guys have really realised the potential of these forums and it's been very good for both retailer and the boardies. Matching knowledgeable customers with top spec kit, at a great price, all coupled with incentivising discount and your great rep for looking after customers - A tip of the cap to you sir!

I've previously bought a Panasonic 42X10B from you and haven't had any problems so far (touch wood) but will definately be expanding my av system through you guys in future. Fairplay!

Mr Roger,

Thanks a million for the kind words - that almost makes us sound professional! ;)

Besides which we do like looking after our Boardies - they have been great for our business!

Keep us posted if we can assist,

ATB,

John Mc & the motley crew

John, can you put me down for a Silver model and get it delivered to the Philips shop in Dublin? Also, what is the lead time for ordering a Silver model? Thx! Also, does this model come with the 2 year warranty from Onkyo?

John, can you put me down for a Silver model and get it delivered to the Philips shop in Dublin? Also, what is the lead time for ordering a Silver model? Thx! Also, does this model come with the 2 year warranty from Onkyo?

Ads,

Long time no hear - welcome back!

No problem and thanks for the order - I'll check Silver availaibilty for you (we have them on order already) and come back to you - yep the Onkyo 2 Year warranty is on the 608 as well!

Do you need speakers to go wth that? We (finally) have the stunning new top end Apex 5.1 system coming in from Monitor Audio next week - if you have a small lottery win planned just give us a shout and we will get you sorted with the system!,

Thanks again,

ATB,

John Mc & Crew

Thanks John for the update. Just let me know when they come in...can't wait!

Lottery win...I wish! Hence I have to decline on a new speaker set for now ;)
    Ads,

Long time no hear - welcome back!

No problem and thanks for the order - I'll check Silver availaibilty for you (we have them on order already) and come back to you - yep the Onkyo 2 Year warranty is on the 608 as well!

Do you need speakers to go wth that? We (finally) have the stunning new top end Apex 5.1 system coming in from Monitor Audio next week - if you have a small lottery win planned just give us a shout and we will get you sorted with the system!,

Thanks again,

ATB,

John Mc & Crew

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭chalky024

Hi John and gang,

Purely as a matter of interest at this stage John;) How much of a lottery win would a guy need for the APEX system. Have you heard them yourself yet? How would they compare to the B&W MT30 pack? I hope at some stage in the future to change my B&W 600 series 5.1 pack to something a little neater. In the future of course.................:D

• Advertisement

chalky024 wrote: »
    Hi John and gang,

Purely as a matter of interest at this stage John;) How much of a lottery win would a guy need for the APEX system. Have you heard them yourself yet? How would they compare to the B&W MT30 pack? I hope at some stage in the future to change my B&W 600 series 5.1 pack to something a little neater. In the future of course.................:D

Chalky

On the upside - I can say this really honestly - the Apex completely lives up to it's name - it is the best Sub Sat system I have ever heard and shames most much more expensive full size 5.1 speaker systems.

It also looks incredible - the photos just do not do it justice - it's an aluminum cast alloy cabinet and it's then finished in a highly polished lacquer - just stunning to be honest - I want one!.

On the down side - it's damn expensive - it retails at £2500 for the complete 5.1 system.

If you wanted a package including your TXSR608 Onkyo Receiver - we could do that as a launch offer for you at just £2299.99 - start doing those lotto numbers!

Keep me posted,

ATB,

John Mc & Crew

Received my TXSR608 Onkyo Receiver (silver model) yesterday. Absolutely lovin' it. Can't believe how much features Onkyo has packed up in this competitively priced receiver. And the silver model does look great!

Thanks again John!

Received my TXSR608 Onkyo Receiver (silver model) yesterday. Absolutely lovin' it. Can't believe how much features Onkyo has packed up in this competitively priced receiver. And the silver model does look great!

Thanks again John!

Thanks Adsluser - yep I finally got the silver one to you - thanks for the txt by the way and I hope you have a fun weekend playing with it!

ATB,

John Mc

• Registered Users Posts: 362 ✭✭superleedsdub

Hi John,

Could you please quote me on a package for the TXSR608 and the Q acoustics 2000 speaker package? I`m moving to a new house and will deffo be buying a new speaker package but would like a good deal to convince the OH with so I can get my receiver now instead of a few months from now;)

Thanks in advance

Hi John,

Could you please quote me on a package for the TXSR608 and the Q acoustics 2000 speaker package? I`m moving to a new house and will deffo be buying a new speaker package but would like a good deal to convince the OH with so I can get my receiver now instead of a few months from now;)

Thanks in advance

Super,

Thanks a million for the opportunity to quote - here is a zionger of a price:

Onkyo TXSR608 £449.95
    Q Acoustics 2000 5.1 Speaker Package £549.95
    Retail price: £999.90
    Package price: £899.95 including delivery.

Thats all in stock now so make the OH dinner tonight and ask nicely when she is at a weak moment....

Keep me posted if we can assist,

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew

• Registered Users Posts: 362 ✭✭superleedsdub

Hi John,

Thanks for the quick reply, thats a good deal, i`ll work on the OH and try convince her that it`ll be worth it long term to buy the 2 now.....

I`ll let you know how I get on.....

Thanks

Hi John,

Thanks for the quick reply, thats a good deal, i`ll work on the OH and try convince her that it`ll be worth it long term to buy the 2 now.....

I`ll let you know how I get on.....

Thanks

Super - thanks for that and good luck going into battle:

picture.php?albumid=1039&pictureid=6354

ATB,

John Mc & Crew

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,659 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hyzepher

I would be interested in one of these if you guys do trade-ins. I have a Pioneer VSX-2016 Receiver (Silver) in perfect condition. Let me know.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,076 ✭✭✭gman2k

Hyzepher wrote: »
    I would be interested in one of these if you guys do trade-ins. I have a Pioneer VSX-2016 Receiver (Silver) in perfect condition. Let me know.

And I've an unopened (and unused) Pioneer VSX-AX4asi-S :o

• Subscribers Posts: 3,698 ✭✭✭TCP/IP

PM sent to you John

• Advertisement

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.