Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2010 Flat Heritage Handicaps; Bank Busting Longshots

Options
  • 04-05-2010 2:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,473 ✭✭✭

Tread for Decent Handicaps on the flat .

Rules

1. No irish Racing
    2. Only Saturdays or Midweek Festival
    3. Absolutly no All Weather Big Dog Racing.

Race 1 Chester Cup

Going with 2 against the field here, both fit from Hurdling.

1. Fiulin, Ran a superb race in the Supreme Novice in cheltenham, to be a staying on again 7th after poor jumping, is down to a mark here that if back to anything like better flat form could easily be value Betfair 29win 5pl. JMurtagh UP

2. Spring Jim, ditto Supreme Novice, staying on 6th, mark looks good and looks good value at Betfair 42win 6.7 Pl.

1 Point win 1 Point Place Each..

The place market is very poor at the moment and there may be better value tomorrow morning..

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 162 ✭✭Penguino

Best of luck Aidan

• Registered Users Posts: 478 ✭✭Seanohea

Hopefully this will be a great thread, the heritage handicaps are the best value races all summer. Most of pricewise's best tips will be on these heritage handicaps. Good luck

• Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭Shakeandbake!

Chester Cup :

Halla San. 3pts e/w (scale 1-5)

Tastahil 1 pt e/w.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,762 ✭✭✭jive

good luck lad, i'll be following you're bets whenever i get the chance. you had a great run in the last thread i hope it continues for ya

• Registered Users Posts: 1,849 ✭✭✭glanman

Chester Cup :

Tastahil 1 pt e/w.

Im not trying to be rude but this is aidankkks thread and you posting your tips might get confusing for others. Also people appreciate when you are giving tips your reasons for backing etc...

• Advertisement

glanman wrote: »
    Im not trying to be rude but this is aidankkks thread and you posting your tips might get confusing for others. Also people appreciate when you are giving tips your reasons for backing etc...

Well my reading of it would be that this is an open thread started by Aidan for anyone to post fancies for heritage handicaps, he's hardly going to post rules for himself to follow......

Halla San.........i think he's on a good mark

Tastahil.......Has a bit of class, a Hills horse (they usually have a decent Chester), should come on for the run.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,227 ✭✭✭awhir

Chester Cup :

Tastahil 1 pt e/w.

well done if only i backed them :P

• Registered Users Posts: 4,473 ✭✭✭longshotvalue

Chester Cup :

Tastahil 1 pt e/w.

Superb & ohh so close..

• Registered Users Posts: 162 ✭✭Penguino

This could be the start of a super thread with expert views from both Aidan & Shakeandbake

Very close today

• Moderators Posts: 8,713 ✭✭✭x PyRo

Well my reading of it would be that this is an open thread started by Aidan for anyone to post fancies for heritage handicaps, he's hardly going to post rules for himself to follow......

It is for his own picks and of course he's got his own rules to follow!

Well done with your two today though, Oh so close! :(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Well my reading of it would be that this is an open thread started by Aidan for anyone to post fancies for heritage handicaps,

You read it wrongly then :) This is his flat thread having done rather well with his NH thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭winslow

Actually, if you read his previous thread, it was all his picks, and those were the rules he was explaining to us that he was following.

You had two close picks today, maybe you could start your own thread and see if it can help us out here too.

Fair enough, i hijacked the thread and apologise for it. I didn't realise Aidan had a similar NH thread. Happy enough with today's picks, came close to winning a good bit of dough as i had both in a reverse forecast as well as backed e/w.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Start your own thread if you are any good! :D

mike65 wrote: »
    Start your own thread if you are any good! :D
    Nah! Just going to post in the "fancies for today" thread

Advanced, has a superb draw, is back to best trip, looked to be getting better last time, and is capable of doing it of this mark, (3lbs for C&D win last year) Betfair 36win 7.2 place. Surly 7.2 to place is Massive value , as he's super consistant.

2 Points Each Way 28/1 Stan James paying 12345

Others Today

Eradicate, Haydock 3:35, a combination of David bass taking 7lbs off and others from his last run going up, there is a huge turnaround in the weights, and he might be able to improve enought to get involved.. looks value to place particulary 25/1 ew Sky Bet 12345 places

2 Points Each Way 25/1 Sky Bet

Seradim Ascot 2:50, looks well underrated in this handicap, has very decent form last year, particulary in only handicap run of 4 lbs higher.... 50/1 Stan James

1 Point win Betfair 48w 2 Points Place 7.2

Yurituni Nott 2:55, has De Souse who rode her for all her good runs last year, first 2 runs this year too short and maybe today is the day..

1 Point Each Way 16/1

• Registered Users Posts: 546 ✭✭✭clived2

aidankkk wrote: »
    Advanced, has a superb draw, is back to best trip, looked to be getting better last time, and is capable of doing it of this mark, (3lbs for C&D win last year) Betfair 36win 7.2 place. Surly 7.2 to place is Massive value , as he's super consistant.

2 Points Each Way 28/1 Stan James paying 12345

Others Today

Eradicate, Haydock 3:35, a combination of David bass taking 7lbs off and others from his last run going up, there is a huge turnaround in the weights, and he might be able to improve enought to get involved.. looks value to place particulary 25/1 ew Sky Bet 12345 places

2 Points Each Way 25/1 Sky Bet

Seradim Ascot 2:50, looks well underrated in this handicap, has very decent form last year, particulary in only handicap run of 4 lbs higher.... 50/1 Stan James

1 Point win Betfair 48w 2 Points Place 7.2

Yurituni Nott 2:55, has De Souse who rode her for all her good runs last year, first 2 runs this year too short and maybe today is the day..

1 Point Each Way 16/1

you the f man,

i had noticed some of your posts, and respected your opinion,

no time for lookin at horses 2day,

backed eradicate on betfair, i owes ya

Others Today

2 Points Each Way 25/1 Sky

Won:-). Off to a decent start ,, one lesson tough give up flat....

• Registered Users Posts: 180 ✭✭LittleLebowski

Hey Aidan just spotted your new thread. Good luck. If it does half as well as the last one it'll be well worth following. Cheers

the Tatling, Beverly 3:00, 8 to place in first 4 on Betfair looks too big in this contest, consider he is down below his last winning mark.Betfair 44win 7.8 place

1 Point Win 2 Points Place

• Advertisement

Docofthebay York, 3:10, looks of a mark he can do something with, last run was better than bare result, after poor start and is reasonable consistant in these type of handicaps of slightly higher marks...

1 Point Each Way Ladbrokes 25/1

Fratalini York, 3:45, looks overpriced compared to FAV, won over C&D last year.

1 Point Win Betfair 8.0

King In Waiting , York 4:55, looks a sure stayer, and had some improved form over hurdles, may be of a mark he can place off quite readily...

1 Point Each way

Note sure of price but currently 17w4pl on Betfair, this is likely to get a lot better later tomorrow..

Rievaulx World 1:40 York, Is down to a mark where he can perform in this company, first time blinkers, came good this time last year, when rated much higher.. Hopefully get out in front and can stay on this time

1 Point Each Way 25/1 Ladbrokes

Aquarian Spirit, 2:30 Newbury, looks the right trip, had a run this year, looks overpiced, yard in form

Betfair 33w 5.5pl

1 Point Win 1 Point Place

Story So Far after 11 Bets

BSP + 16.98 Points
    Advised + 41 Points

Note only winner was Hurdle Race:o:o

Pearly Wey , Thirsk 4:25, Hit the crossbar a few times last year at big odd for places, but good run last time and of a very good mark, well overpriced at 14.0 on betfair at 4.0 to place

1 Point win 3 Points Place

Beaver Patrol 3:40 Newbury, his record first time out is very good, the mark if low, and hopefully the break will bring back old sparkle..

1 Point e/w 18/1 SkyBET..

Peak District, Thirsk 5:30, ran well during the week, much weaker race, decent draw, off a good mark Betfair 15w4p

1 Point Win 2 Points Place

• Advertisement

Arganil , Thirsk 5:00, im not sure there is anything between the top 3 in the betting here, and arganil looks easily the best value at 8.8 on betfair

2 Points win

Advertisement