Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Charleville Castle trip 2010

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,966 ✭✭✭elven

Is it wise to choose the day after my birthday...?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,220 ✭✭✭Slidinginfinity

Gonna have beg, borrow or steal some camping gear. :)
    Really want to go this year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,770 ✭✭✭Sebzy

Gonna have beg, borrow or steal some camping gear. :)
    Really want to go this year.

All you need is a sleeping bag and even if you cant manage that i'm sure we can find you something up in the castle store room.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,220 ✭✭✭Slidinginfinity

Thanks!

Fenster & Sebzy leat 2 dates are fine for me, too. Some how they didn't get registered in the Poll. :(

Thanks!

Fenster & Sebzy leat 2 dates are fine for me, too. Some how they didn't get registered in the Poll. :(

I've updated the entry.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,624 ✭✭✭✭Fajitas!

In there like swimwear.

NOTICE: Right so as usual we have a max head count of about 20 and a min of 15 or so.
    If you know anyone who's interested let them know don't just bet on the fact they will see this thread. Give them a shout and tell them to stick their names down.

I'm thinking I'll give it about a week or so to gauge interest and then I'll confirm a date with the castle and we're set.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,057 ✭✭✭kjt

woop!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,538 ✭✭✭sunny2004

Sounds interesting.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 218 ✭✭DutchGuy

Sounds good!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,686 Mod ✭✭✭✭melekalikimaka

god dammit, make it october novemeber time again... damn summer work

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,182 ✭✭✭Tiriel

I'd love to go along to something like this - but is it for people with proper camera equipment only - I just use an Ixus.. but would love a chance to take some nice pics.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,699 ✭✭✭ThOnda

Ixus? You'll be grand! There are people with plastic lenses, even only with film cameras :eek:

And this is not about gear at all. Well, you might borrow camera you would like to try, you might see if you need different camera, you might learn a bit what you could do with your camera, but this is only about 10% of the whole weekend.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 268 ✭✭theboat

I'd love to go, if ye'll have me! :D

ThOnda wrote: »
    Ixus? You'll be grand! There are people with plastic lenses, even only with film cameras :eek:

And this is not about gear at all. Well, you might borrow camera you would like to try, you might see if you need different camera, you might learn a bit what you could do with your camera, but this is only about 10% of the whole weekend.

Could not of put it better myself.
    The only restriction is that your a boards member thats all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,319 ✭✭✭sineadw

Crap - just remembered I can't do teh last two weeks. Can my vote be amended?

(sorry...)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,182 ✭✭✭Tiriel

ThOnda wrote: »

sound, count me in so! Well, that is depending on the weekend, but I'd love to go!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,657 ✭✭✭trishw78

Just double checked the first week is out for me but all the other dates a good.

sineadw wrote: »
    Crap - just remembered I can't do teh last two weeks. Can my vote be amended?

(sorry...)

Updated

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,137 ✭✭✭artyeva

ooh ooh - would love to go this year and bring along my mish mash of film cameras if anyone wants a borrow..

not sure yet if i'd be able to stay the night - would i be preventing someone else taking a place if i just went on the saturday??

• Advertisement

NOTICE : Ok it looks like the 26th of June is a clear choice for most I'm going to give it until the end of the week and then on Friday evening ill give the castle a shout to book. Once booked I'll create the official thread and update this one.

artyeva wrote: »
    ooh ooh - would love to go this year and bring along my mish mash of film cameras if anyone wants a borrow..

not sure yet if i'd be able to stay the night - would i be preventing someone else taking a place if i just went on the saturday??

Not sure yet will chat to the castle

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,381 ✭✭✭snorlax

Count me in please! New camera on it's way - chance to experiment welcomed!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,079 ✭✭✭xia

Hmmm... If 20 is really the max and it is the 26th I was too late:( Ah. We'll see, right?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,381 ✭✭✭snorlax

Sebzy did I meet you at boards night in Doyles? anyway can't wait..sure we could use a tent or something :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23 MiG 21

I'll put my name in, might need a cancellation or two.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,510 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

I put my vote in :)
    Haven't got any new camera gear to play around with since the last visit...oh well

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,581 Mod ✭✭✭✭humberklog

Popped my name down too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,385 ✭✭✭Jemmy

Name down, if there is room! :)

• Advertisement

xia wrote: »
    Hmmm... If 20 is really the max and it is the 26th I was too late:( Ah. We'll see, right?

xia I have not started booking yet so once the official thread is formed with a booked date I will request stuf like name/address/phone and only at this point will be places be taken up.

THe castle requires the above information for insurance reasons as you will have pretty much full access to the castle during your stay and it's a restoration project too.

NOTICE : Ok wait a sec a few of you guys seem to think the poll is the booking thing. It's only to see which date suits the most people.

Once I've confirmed the date with the castle at the end of the week we start the boooking/registration the same as previous years

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,565 ✭✭✭✭Tallon

I'm in again... looking forward to seeing everyone again and this time i'll be bringing some props :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,674 ✭✭✭DirtyBollox

i threw my name in for that. every saturday i'm free.

interested in see what i can do with what i have/dont have yet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 217 ✭✭Lotsafish

Can't wait, hopefully I can learn a thing or two :)

• Registered Users Posts: 23 irishabi

I'll be there for sure! :cool:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 37,306 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Sorry, can I add the 10th & 17th July to my choice, please? As for the 26th June, may be a bit broke then (will be just back from a week in France).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,063 ✭✭✭GristlyEnd

I've been to all the Charleville weekends and last years was by far the best. Epic weekend. In saying that I'm going to give it a miss this year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 615 ✭✭✭rahtkennades

Tallon wrote: »
    I'm in again... looking forward to seeing everyone again and this time i'll be bringing some props :p

Just make sure they don't get eaten this time!
    60D39C48169E445CA55F25F9115EC786-240.jpg

Hopefully I'll get to head along this year, although I've been very inactive so need to get my finger camera out!

NOTICE: Just heard back from the castle and we have booked the 26/27th of June.

The official thread has been created so please head over and stick your name down for a place.
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=65772572

Seb.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement