Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Selling Uranium Nitrate on Adverts.ie

Options
  • 03-05-2010 12:30am
    Registered Users Posts: 11,911 ✭✭✭✭

Wow, this really must be the most dangerous thing ever to be sold on Adverts.ie

http://www.adverts.ie/showproduct.php?product=217895&cat=140

The seller is asked what it's used for, and i quote his response..

the major application of uranium in the military sector is in high-density penetrators.

The main use of uranium in the civilian sector is to fuel nuclear power plants.

So whats the weirdest thing you've ever seen for sale on a site?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,111 ✭✭✭peanuthead

is it gone already?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,148 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

Lads, flag that guy.

I recently had my Uranium Nitrate stolen from my backpack!

Cheers!

• Registered Users Posts: 888 ✭✭✭quicklickpaddy

Thats not on Adverts?

But for the purpose of the thread some girl sold her virginity on eBay

• Registered Users Posts: 11,911 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

Guess it's been removed, damn shame cos i'm sure there would have been an AH regular who's constructing a Nuclear Reactor in his shed :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 650 ✭✭✭Aridstarling

Would you like to buy some plutonium? Its weapons grade loike. Only tis making us terrible sick y'know.

Honey, do we need any plutonium?

Plutonium eh? No, no, I don't think that we do.

*Hopes somebody gets that...*

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭Kold

Got me excited for nothing :/ OP You owe me another Uranium Nitrate vendor.

Would you like to buy some plutonium? Its weapons grade loike. Only tis making us terrible sick y'know.

Honey, do we need any plutonium?

Plutonium eh? No, no, I don't think that we do.

*Hopes somebody gets that...*

It's ringing bells... Refresh my memory

• Closed Accounts Posts: 650 ✭✭✭Aridstarling

Monkey Dust? Can't find the actual sketch on Youtube, I'll keep looking though, its a classic.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 522 ✭✭✭KevinVonSpiel

On a not completely unrelated note:

http://www.faradaytheblob.com/?p=300

• Registered Users Posts: 4,005 ✭✭✭MistyCheese

Thats not on Adverts?

But for the purpose of the thread some girl sold her virginity on eBay

Sorry, but no.

Instead I present you with;

Guy Who Sold His Life On eBay

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 541 ✭✭✭DEVEREUX

I'm not sure but i think that stuff was an old way to develop photos etc ,bottle looked pretty old?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,235 ✭✭✭Odaise Gaelach

http://www.guardian.co.uk/business/2009/apr/15/lehmanbrothers-nuclear-weapons

Maybe one of the liquidators for the Lehman Brothers is trying to fob off their old stock.

Sorry, but no.

:confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,265 ✭✭✭SugarHigh

It's not enriched so it's not a big deal. You can buy it on Amazon

http://www.amazon.com/Uranium-Ore/dp/B000796XXM

:confused:

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

Perhaps it'd help if you, y'know, read the rest of the post?????????! :confused::confused:

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

Perhaps it'd help if you, y'know, read the rest of the post?????????! :confused::confused:

Oooh you were saying your story was better? Apologies... I thought you were calling BS. :p

Oooh you were saying your story was better? Apologies... I thought you were calling BS. :p

Yeah I though "Selling My Life" trumped "Selling My Virginity" :P

• Registered Users Posts: 809 ✭✭✭dylano_k

Least their not selling Uranus on it:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,758 ✭✭✭Stercus Accidit

MrStuffins wrote: »
    Lads, flag that guy.

I recently had my Uranium Nitrate stolen from my backpack!

Cheers!

The timer and detonation system wasn't nicked?

Thats good, they are hard enough to come by and all. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,134 ✭✭✭FarmerGreen

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11,924 ✭✭✭✭RolandIRL

damn i could afford that except i can't afford the £4.49 shipping. my paypal is maxed out at £2,499. damn it! :P anyone care to split some uranium ore??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,924 ✭✭✭✭RolandIRL

some of the comments left by people:
    I purchased this product 4.47 Billion Years ago and when I opened it today, it was half empty.
    I bought this to power a home-made submarine that I use to look for prehistoric-era life forms in land-locked lakes around my home town in Alaska. At first I wasn't sure if this item would (or could) arrive via mail, but I was glad to see it showed up with no problems. Well, almost no problems.

Unfortuantly my mom opened my mail, because she does not respect people's privacy. She was pretty upset to see Uranium Ore. After a long argument and me running away from home again, she finaly stopped being such an idiot and I was able to get back to work.

The quality of this Uranium is on par with the stuff I was bying from the Libyans over at the mall parking lot, but at half the price! I just hope the seller does not run out, because I have many projects on my list including a night vision sasquatch radar, an electromagnetic chupakabra cage, a high velocity, aerial, weighted Mothman net and super heated, instant grill cheese sandwhich maker.
    Picked this up for use in one of my kid's 'diversity' projects in school (Great Success!), and stuck the leftovers in the cabinet next to the baking soda.

Ran out of toothpaste, and remembered how you're supposed to be able to use baking soda to clean your teeth, so of course, I accidentally used this instead, and Wow! all I can say is, my teeth have never been cleaner! They sparkle, they tingle, and for some reason, they STAY clean now, no matter what. Highly recommended!

However, when I ran out of that fire-ant killer powder stuff, I figured I would try some for that too.

Big mistake!

Boy, it sure did not kill those ants!

Fortunately, those suckers get slower as they get bigger, so I have been able to use a shovel to take care of most of them, one at a time though, the sneaky devils.

And the darn trash man refuses to take them away..

I would have given this product 5 stars for the teeth and the project on embracing diversity, but I deducted one star because of the giant mutant ants.

so from the looks of things, the buyer seems to be genuine :D
    better snap up all that uranium before someone else :P

• Registered Users Posts: 9,954 ✭✭✭Degag

Get Jack Bauer on the case before he retires!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 19,240 Mod ✭✭✭✭L.Jenkins

Since it's the appropriate thread, anyone got a few litres of Nitro Glycerol and a couple of Kilos of TNT handy. I'll transport it myself ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 510 ✭✭✭gino85

would Ammonium nitrate not be easier to come by?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 19,240 Mod ✭✭✭✭L.Jenkins

Probably, but I'd prefer Nitro Glycerol. Bigger bang!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,940 ✭✭✭Corkfeen

I've got some anthrax marked as bath salts if anyone wants them, who needs legal highs when you've got anthrax.:D

Why use it as a legal high for one when you can pack it in dynamite and detonate it over a city so everyone can enjoy it.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 90,802 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

I like cake.

Does anyone have yellow cake ?

• Advertisement
Advertisement