Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Windows 7 "God mode"

Options
  • 27-04-2010 2:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10,161 ✭✭✭✭

Novelty tweak for Windows 7

From http://www.tomshardware.com/news/GodMode-Windows-7-How-to,9345.html
    GodMode is a feature that was revealed by CNet's Microsoft Correspondent, Ina Fried. GodMode is a folder that brings together a long list of customization settings allowing you to change all your settings from one place. Neat huh? It's very easy to enable and damn useful if you tweak things around a lot.

I've broken it down into five-step process to avoid confusion:

Step 1: Right click.

Step 2: Click create folder.

Step 3: Name your sparkly, new folder this, "GodMode.{ED7BA470-8E54-465E-825C-99712043E01C}" and press enter.

Step 4: Blink as the folder changes form to look like the control panel.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,710 ✭✭✭RoadKillTs

I've actually lost count on the amount of threads about this. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,321 ✭✭✭IrishTonyO

Hadn't heard of it before. Have to say very handy thanks OP

• Registered Users Posts: 36 frodos63

New one for me as well thanks op

• Registered Users Posts: 10,161 ✭✭✭✭M5

RoadKillTs wrote: »
    I've actually lost count on the amount of threads about this. :)

Was surprised i didn't see it before, a couple of searches yielded nowt on boards

• Registered Users Posts: 437 ✭✭leedsfan88

Very Awesome

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭oisin

Careful with this if you're running Win 7 64 bit, lots of people have been having problems with it although 32 bit is fine, and it works fine on my 64 bit Win 7.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,924 ✭✭✭✭RolandIRL

no it works fine on windows 7 32 and 64-bit. the prob is with vista. it causes explorer to crash for 32/64-bit. can't remember which one.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,449 ✭✭✭Call Me Jimmy

What sorta tweaks wouldja be doing on windows anyway? performance?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,924 ✭✭✭✭RolandIRL

it's not tweaks as such. it just gives a list of all commands that you can access in the control panel. say if you want to create a system restore point but can't find it in control panel then use godmode. it doesn't really tweak win7

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,060 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

What sorta tweaks wouldja be doing on windows anyway? performance?

It gives you full ammo and unlimited health.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭softdancomputer

Just on Level 2...

Advertisement