Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

TV Now Awards 2010

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 55,452 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Going to move this to the main TV forum, Elmo.

The TV Awards forum is mainly for our annual awards (starting about this time next month!)

• Registered Users Posts: 23,641 ✭✭✭✭Elmo

Mr E wrote: »
    Going to move this to the main TV forum, Elmo.

The TV Awards forum is mainly for our annual awards (starting about this time next month!)

I have been posting all of the award in awards???? What makes this one different?

• Registered Users Posts: 55,452 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

I can move it back, but I think it would get more traffic here?
    Up to you, I don't mind. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 45,535 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

The nominees for the Favourite Irish TV Show are depressing. They should rename that one the 'Less sh*tty Irish show', which as far as I was concerned was The Afternoon Show.

'It is better to walk alone in the right direction than follow the herd walking in the wrong direction.'

• Registered Users Posts: 85,058 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Some awful turkeys are nominated

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 45,535 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Yeah who thought up those cateogies? Most glamorous? Gimme a break. Also the best Irish presenter nominees...ugh.

Can't recall a time when Irish TV was so devoid of creativity and likeable personalities.

Thank goodness for the football coverage.

'It is better to walk alone in the right direction than follow the herd walking in the wrong direction.'

Mr E wrote: »
    I can move it back, but I think it would get more traffic here?
    Up to you, I don't mind. :)

It didn't really deserve the post TBH.

Elmo wrote: »
    It didn't really deserve the post TBH.

THE WINNERS of THE 2010 WALKERS TVNOW AWARDS

1. Walkers Favourite Soap Family
    The Dingles - Emmerdale
    2. Walkers Favourite Drama
    The Clinic
    3. Walkers Favourite Documentary
    Impact - Tragedy on Irish Roads
    4. Walkers Favourite Newcomer to Irish TV
    Sean Munsjane - Xposé
    5. Favourite Reality TV Show
    X-Factor
    6. Favourite Male Soap Star
    Tony Tormey – Fair City
    7. Favourite News/Current Affairs Presenter
    Anne Doyle
    8. Favourite Weather Presenter
    Anna Daly
    9. Favourite Female Soap Star
    Katherine Kelly
    10. Irelands most Glamorous TV Star – Sponsored by Krystle Nightclub & Bar Glenda Gilson
    11. Favourite Sports Presenter
    Bill O’Herlihy
    12. Favourite Irish TV Show
    The Late Late Show
    13. Irelands Favourite Soap Award
    Coronation Street
    14. Irelands Favourite TV Show EVER – Sponsored by the Sunday World
    Fr. Ted
    15. Favourite Male TV Presenter
    Ryan Tubridy
    16. Favourite Female TV Presenter
    Kathryn Thomas
    17. Soap legend award –
    William (Bill) Roache- Coronation Street
    18. Inaugural Hall of Fame Award -
    Gerry Ryan

Catch them tonight on TV3

• Registered Users Posts: 1,306 ✭✭✭phonypony

who in the name of god edited this show? It's like they stuck a 5 yr old cretin in a room with 2 video recorders. And I thought RTE were bad....

Micheal O'Doherty is presenting. :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 54,595 ✭✭✭✭walshb

The boys were just on; absolute brilliant performance.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,876 ✭✭✭deelite

I flicked over twice to see what was happening on the awards show - and the two times Glenda was speaking and her left arm wouldn't stop hitting of her side mad looking altogether

• Registered Users Posts: 374 ✭✭Stargazer7

Was it just me or was Kathryn Thomas p**sed when she accepted her award? Loved her line about Johnny Ronan or whatever his name is, the look on Rosanna's face!

• Registered Users Posts: 48 daisydotty

ya i noticed that about glenda's arm too!!everytime she spoke-the ****in arm would start moving.i pointed it out to my boyfriend and then we just couldnt stop laughing everytime she started!!

and as for kathryn's speech!!classic.what a legend!the look on glenda and rosanna's face was priceless.

• Registered Users Posts: 630 ✭✭✭Henwin

what did she say?

• Registered Users Posts: 374 ✭✭Stargazer7

Something about how now that no frontiers has ended she'd have to ask Ronan to go on a trip with her/sponsor a trip...along those lines anyways

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18 boycee09

does anyone know who presented the award for soap legend to Bill Roache aka ken barlow. I loved her dress and want to find out where I could get it but did't see her up close or catch her name.:confused:
    Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 2,018 ✭✭✭shoegirl

At least 2 of the RTE crowd seemed to be absolutely hammered.

Never even heard of half of the nominees, esp the TV3 ones.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,655 ✭✭✭1966

Glenda's shaking arm was a scream to watch !

They Snubbed Bosco.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,990 ✭✭✭iseegirls

Was there anyone from Eastenders there at all? Seems half the cast from Corrie and Emmerdale were there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

15. Favourite Male TV Presenter Ryan Tubridy
    My god. The chap has been rubbish on the LLS this year. Very, very limited as a presenter (particularly with sports and comedy guests) and terminally hamstrung by his lack of objectivity on political issues.

• Registered Users Posts: 884 ✭✭✭cats.life

1966 wrote: »
    Glenda's shaking arm was a scream to watch !
    yeah it was waving to and fro quit a bit, that was the best bit of the whole thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,876 ✭✭✭deelite

Elmo wrote: »
    They Snubbed Bosco.

Not only did they snubbed poor Bosco they also forgot to invite Eugene Lambert's (Wanderly Wagon was also nominated for one of the awards) and tell his family that he was up for an award. As Joe Duffy said on the radio - if the lady who was operating Bosco been a girl in a bikini - would they have remembered to invite Bosco.....:p

• Registered Users Posts: 2,354 ✭✭✭cjmcork

Ray Foley was at the awards and was talking about it on Monday morning, apparently he was so hyper, everyone thought he was on / taking drugs and someone (male) said they'd take some with him.........so as he said:
    a) now people think he takes drugs;
    b) he now is fairly sure that the person that offered to take them with him does them (he didn't say who though)

deelite wrote: »
    Not only did they snubbed poor Bosco they also forgot to invite Eugene Lambert's (Wanderly Wagon was also nominated for one of the awards) and tell his family that he was up for an award. As Joe Duffy said on the radio - if the lady who was operating Bosco been a girl in a bikini - would they have remembered to invite Bosco.....:p

The excuse that they could find people from years ago to attend was a bit pathetic.

1. Everyone knows that the Lambert's were heavily involve in Irish Children's TV up to the 1980s and
    2. Up to 1978 their was only one channel and up to 1996 their were only 2 both own by RTÉ, if you can find Thelma you can find Bosco. :rolleyes:

Advertisement