Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

looking for a quill seatpost for old peugeot?

Options
  • 17-04-2010 11:22am
    Registered Users Posts: 692 ✭✭✭

hiya, have had a Peugeot PGN10 since i was a kid and lost part of the seatpost a while back but would love to get it on the road again. its an expander type like the older handlebar stems used to be but finding it is a nightmare!! tried ebay and the likes but no luck. anyone know where i'd get one? any shops around i should talk too like? thanks

oh its 26.4mm

img4106a.jpg

and here is the seat tube
    img4107oz.jpg

thanks in advance:)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,831 ✭✭✭abcdggs

I'm currently helping a friend of mine build up a peugeot, the seatposts for them are a disaster, he needed a 24.8mm seatpost. thankfully he was able to get one machined to fit. You may have to find an alternative solution

• Registered Users Posts: 677 ✭✭✭Doc_Savage

have you been to róthar? if they have peugeot frames then they'll keep the seatposts with them but there may be something in their box 'o' bits that might do the job!

it's probably your best bet locally...

apart from that you could possibly modify a 1" quill stem!

• Registered Users Posts: 692 ✭✭✭breadbin

tell me about it:( i've been looking on and off for years now trying to find one of them %^$%&!!

never knew about rothar actually thanks for the info;)

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭it's mick

• Registered Users Posts: 692 ✭✭✭breadbin

no pity it won't work cos there is no seat clamp you see? so nothing to stop it falling down unless i was good at engineering and could put some sort of bolt into it;)

• Advertisement
Advertisement