Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Aidan Nulty retires

Options
  • 31-03-2010 5:58pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,550 ✭✭✭

Aidan is on radio 1 now, his last broadcast on his last day of work, he is taking early retirement.

Good luck Aidan and happy retirement.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,279 ✭✭✭Su Campu

Good man Aidan, a long and happy retirement!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,327 ✭✭✭bogman

Just heard the announcement, a real gent, sorry to see him go and wish him well in his retirement

• Registered Users Posts: 16,644 ✭✭✭✭nacho libre

that anecdote about him losing track of time when he was supposed to giving a broadcast made me laugh. I'll always associate him with good winter forecasts:) Good luck to him in his retirement.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Dr Aidan Nulty to you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,290 ✭✭✭bigeasyeah

All the best Doc.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,150 ✭✭✭Deep Easterly

Damn, missed that broadcast :(

Good luck Aidan and happy retirement. Will miss your spot on forecasts on the radio.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,887 ✭✭✭JanuarySnowstor

Imo the best man ever to present the weather on both tv and radio.
    Best of luck in your retirement Aiden!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,077 ✭✭✭Rebelheart

Min wrote: »
    Aidan is on radio 1 now, his last broadcast on his last day of work, he is taking early retirement.

Good luck Aidan and happy retirement.

I remember the evening, many years ago, after The Den and before Jo-Maxi came on when Aidan appeared as usual on the screen but this time for the first time with the 'Dr' before his name. Curious the things one remembers!

Heard him on Drivetime yesterday. Sad to see him go. Didn't think he was at retirement age. Hopefully RTÉ will not replace him with a non-meteorologist.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,509 ✭✭✭Speak Now

Rebelheart wrote: »
    I remember the evening, many years ago, after The Den and before Jo-Maxi came on when Aidan appeared as usual on the screen but this time for the first time with the 'Dr' before his name. Curious the things one remembers!

Heard him on Drivetime yesterday. Sad to see him go. Didn't think he was at retirement age. Hopefully RTÉ will not replace him with a non-meteorologist.

he is taking early retirement :)

Aidan's last interview and broadcast can be heard Here

Jump to 1.27hrs, will only be available to around 6pm this evening. :o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,120 ✭✭✭nilhg

Best of luck to Dr Aidan, I hope he enjoys his retirement and sure if he ever needs to have a chat about the weather.................:D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,509 ✭✭✭Speak Now

Looking forward to Boards daily forecasts from M.T Cranium and Dr. Nulty :D

Looking forward to Boards daily forecasts from M.T Cranium and Dr. Nulty :D

Maybe M.T is Dr Nulty ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,344 ✭✭✭✭M.T. Cranium

Not quite, more like Dr. Nutty in my case.

:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 80 ✭✭IrishMetSoc

In case you are interested Dr Aidan Nulty will present a lecture entitled "A Random Walk in Meteorology" to the Irish Met Society later this year.

Advertisement