Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

KC on Today FM

Options
  • 01-03-2010 11:31pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 16,647 ✭✭✭✭

Best to start a new thread, because the other one was all messy.

He's on now. and every day at 10pm for those that don't know. I think he sounds great so far.

What do ya's think?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 689 ✭✭✭alpha2zulu

Have to say I think hes playing a blinder sofar.

The tunes in particular have really hit the spot. If he can keep that standard up he will be on to a winner. Never really 'got ' the Alison Curtis show but this is so much better.

I presume they are aiming at mainly the 18-34 age group with this show and if tonights is anything to go by they should get a very healthy listenership figures next time round for this slot.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,614 ✭✭✭The Sparrow

Who is KC?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,647 ✭✭✭✭Fago!

Who is KC?

Todayfm now.

• Registered Users Posts: 456 ✭✭Bootsy.

I don't like him. I miss Alison. :(

I'll give him a chance I suppose.

So far he's not impressing me with fresh new music, which is the main reason I listened to Alison Curtis. I'll never be up before 7am, and she'll probably have to play chart music then anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 788 ✭✭✭sleepyescapade

Great show :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 154 ✭✭radiofreak

Oh my God, This guy sounds so like Ray Foley.
    I think it is Foley in Disguise.

• Registered Users Posts: 621 ✭✭✭gerk86

didn't like him on red fm, don't like him on today fm. Preferred Alison Curtis.

• Registered Users Posts: 985 ✭✭✭APM

Where is KC tonight? Gone already? Surely not?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,881 ✭✭✭patrickc

APM wrote: »
    Where is KC tonight? Gone already? Surely not?

choice music prize is on tonight, so paul mcloone broadcasting live from vicar street till 11

• Registered Users Posts: 985 ✭✭✭APM

ah good, enjoyed the first couple of shows so far

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 785 ✭✭✭Shane10

I liked alison, to good to be stuck on at all hours of the morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,604 ✭✭✭channelsurfer2

have they bumped tim kelly from the 5am gig? where is he gone now? did the ratings dive for the 5am to 7am slot or why the change?

have they bumped tim kelly from the 5am gig? where is he gone now? did the ratings dive for the 5am to 7am slot or why the change?

dont know about ratings, but today was his last gig with todayfm, apparently hes off to the new radio Nova when it launches

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,293 ✭✭✭Fuzzy Clam

Not a good start for Nova.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 homert

Anyone care to clarify?
    Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 689 ✭✭✭alpha2zulu

homert wrote: »
    Anyone care to clarify?
    Thanks

He used to be one half of the very highly regarded KC & Lenny breakfast show on Red FM.

Anyone care to clarify?
    Thanks

Won lottza awards. very funny and well respected man.

listen. fago compells you.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,985 ✭✭✭mikeym

Red fm wont be the same without Kc :(

Best of luck to KC.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 647 ✭✭✭Namabillion

Fago! wrote: »
    Won lottza awards. very funny and well respected man.

listen. fago compells you.

Kc won a meteor in 08 and and won ppi radio award for best breakfeast show for the red rooster on red fm in 07,08,09

• Registered Users Posts: 141 ✭✭HPT

Anyone care to clarify?
    Thanks

Does he have a full name?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 647 ✭✭✭Namabillion

HPT wrote: »
    Does he have a full name?

Keith Cunningham from Mayo

His blood type is o neg, he likes scrambled eggs, his middle name is ballbag and he has never heard of James Corden.

• Registered Users Posts: 342 ✭✭SuperDude87

Apparently his show is gone for good and Alison Curtis is getting her old slot back. Anyone care to clarify?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,040 ✭✭✭threebeards

Apparently his show is gone for good and Alison Curtis is getting her old slot back. Anyone care to clarify?

I doubt that very much. Please post details of a source or is this just based on bullsh1t hearsay?

after 2 weeks , somehow i doubt it

I doubt that very much. Please post details of a source or is this just based on bullsh1t hearsay?

Just listening to the Ray Foley podcast from Wednesday March 3rd and they said something to the affect of

JP: "Some really bad news a big commiseration to KC was on the air for a couple of days and they have took him off again. Things aren't working out and they have replaced his show tonight (must of been the Paul McLoone thing then?)

Ray: "ALISON'S COMING BACK!!!!!"

JP: "Alison is coming back"

Ray: "If you check the fcking check the todayfm website it probably says Alison is coming back"

Has he been on the air since then? Just curious to know. Maybe the lads were just taking the mick.

Just listening to the Ray Foley podcast from Wednesday March 3rd and they said something to the affect of

JP: "Some really bad news a big commiseration to KC was on the air for a couple of days and they have took him off again. Things aren't working out and they have replaced his show tonight (must of been the Paul McLoone thing then?)

Ray: "ALISON'S COMING BACK!!!!!"

JP: "Alison is coming back"

Ray: "If you check the fcking check the todayfm website it probably says Alison is coming back"

Has he been on the air since then? Just curious to know. Maybe the lads were just taking the mick.

yeh he was on last night, and was talking about future friday nights programming involving himself, so must be foley bull shi*ting as ever

patrickc wrote: »
    yeh he was on last night, and was talking about future friday nights programming involving himself, so must be foley bull shi*ting as ever

OK thanks for clearing that up!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 701 ✭✭✭BenShermin

What has become of Nothing but 90s? ?

I tuned in last night to get my fix of cheesey dance and instead I hear this Ray Foley soundalike playing bits from his show during the week. If I didn't want to hear it midweek why would I want to hear it again on a Friday night. As always the todayfm.com website has no updated info about a change in schedule:rolleyes:!

I gave KC a chance during his first week, but I just find it to be a dreadful two hours of brain draining radio to be honest. I've swiched over to Radio One in the late evenings instead.

• Advertisement

BenShermin wrote: »
    What has become of Nothing but 90s? ?

I tuned in last night to get my fix of cheesey dance and instead I hear this Ray Foley soundalike playing bits from his show during the week. If I didn't want to hear it midweek why would I want to hear it again on a Friday night. As always the todayfm.com website has no updated info about a change in schedule:rolleyes:!

I gave KC a chance during his first week, but I just find it to be a dreadful two hours of brain draining radio to be honest. I've swiched over to Radio One in the late evenings instead.

tracey lee who presented nothing but 90s has moved from todayfm, so the slot is gone now no more nothing but 90s:(

Advertisement