Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

tiny cuts on fingers without getting cut ?

• 14-02-2010 11:25am
    Registered Users Posts: 11

Just wondering if anyone else gets this happen to them - tiny cuts develop on my fingers, not from paper cuts or anything - its like the skin is splitting and it is really sore for a couple of days and then heals up.
    Now I was wondering if it could be caused by the cold weather, so I was wearing gloves, but it still happened. Or perhaps its some mineral or vitamin deficiency ?
    The little cuts develop right in the ridge of the fingerprint ?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,925 ✭✭✭Otis Driftwood

I get that now and again and its cold weather that does it.Neutrogena handcream is your only man,it sooths the pain and re hydrates the skin,its feckin deadly stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 224 ✭✭--SmItHy--

is that underneath the fingernail? i get that the whole time! stingslike a ****er sometimes!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

This happened to me a few winters back, the skin on one of my hands (forget which) started spliting and shedding, getting it wet made it worse so ended up washing/shaving one handed for several days which seemed have the desired effect.

I use Norwegian Formula Neutrogena as well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,373 ✭✭✭Dr Galen

depending on the work you do, or the types of situations you are in this can be pretty common. The heavy duty handwashes and alcohol gels in hospitals for example usd to play havoc with my hands. I'd second the Norwegian hand cream too. Hand cream just ain't for girls, breaks and cuts on the hands can have a tendancy to get infected, or become a nice placefor bacteria to live and spread to things you touch. If its something that continues for a long time though I'd suggest you look at what your putting your hands into and stuff, there could well be something else going on. If it doesn't clear up, get it looked at to rule out anything more complicated

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,115 ✭✭✭✭Nervous Wreck

nedtheshed wrote: »
    I get that now and again and its cold weather that does it.Neutrogena handcream is your only man,it sooths the pain and re hydrates the skin,its feckin deadly stuff.

Bingo. I got this problem for the first time last winter and it has recurred these past few months. Neutrogena Norwegian Forumula Handcream is tops. About €3 in Boots and sorts it out within a couple of hours. Just make sure to use continually and not just when the problem is at it's worst. Once the weather picks up, this will probably go away.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11 mikester2006

Thanks very much for the replys and the advice. cheers, Mikester

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,591 ✭✭✭Tristram

I'm stuck using chalk a good lot of the time. Any of those moisturising creams will help prevent people thinking you've contracted leprosy.

• Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭sKepTics_George

Yeah i get it as well,
    It is weird, but not bleeding right ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,639 ✭✭✭LightningBolt

Get that myself too when I train in the cold weather. Lifting in rugby especially tears the fingers off me, I just bear with it because I'm too lazy to put some cream on the hands to help it heal.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,925 ✭✭✭Otis Driftwood

Its obviously the rugby that makes you so tough.
    :pac:

• Advertisement
Advertisement