Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Upload a site to blacknight server???

Options
  • 15-02-2010 11:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭

Does anyone have ANY idea how to upload more than 3 files at a time onto blacknight hosting? I have a whole site to upload (5 folders of 30 files each) and I'm looking at an interface that is allowing me to upload only 3 files at a time. You have got to be joking me! I'll be here all night.

I can't access my site through regular FTP avenues (dreamweaver for instance) and seem to be locked into using blacknight's 3 files at a time BS. This is ridiculous, there has to be another way to connect to my server?!

Has anyone else experienced this? Can anyone help?

Thanks for any help you can provide.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭mneylon

Why can't you upload via FTP? Have you enabled FTP?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,234 ✭✭✭techguy

I'm pretty sure this thread will get locked in the morning when a mod sees it (hosting topics banned here)

But anyway.. I'm assuming the interface your using is web based? You should be able to use Dreamweaver. But if you can't then just get FileZilla, thats what I use and it's pretty straight forward.

What I usually do is archive the files into a tarball and upload to server. I then use SSH to go in and extract the file..

I'm using a US hosting company that proves SSH access, you may or may not have this service depending on what kind of plan you have.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,468 ✭✭✭Evil Phil

Locked.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement