Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

recording phone interview?

Options
  • 19-01-2010 11:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 25

Hey all,

I am a journalist! I have a digital dictaphone that I use to record interviews with people I meet with face to face. I also have a caseette recorder. I used to have to have a connection that went into this recorder and then plugged into phone connection...I have since misplaced the lead and now only have the cassette recorder...I need to conduct interviews over phone again and everywhere I go no one knows what I'm talking about. I got the recorder from an office supplies shop that has since closed..other office supplies places don't even have a basic dictaphone...is there any connection I can get to plug into my digital one or anyone bloody help me..ahhhh!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,913 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

mia2010 wrote: »
    Hey all,

I am a journalist! I have a digital dictaphone that I use to record interviews with people I meet with face to face. I also have a caseette recorder. I used to have to have a connection that went into this recorder and then plugged into phone connection...I have since misplaced the lead and now only have the cassette recorder...I need to conduct interviews over phone again and everywhere I go no one knows what I'm talking about. I got the recorder from an office supplies shop that has since closed..other office supplies places don't even have a basic dictaphone...is there any connection I can get to plug into my digital one or anyone bloody help me..ahhhh!

I know some Nokia's can record a conversation, i've just looked at my Sony Ericsson w705i and that records too, just make your call, click options and press record.

I used to do a lot of prank/joke calls so it's also not a bother to export them and email them anywhere too

• Registered Users Posts: 3,626 ✭✭✭Stargal

Moved to the News & Media forum.

If you don't manage to find a place that sells the wire then you could always just put your phone on speaker and then record the conversation as usual? I've done that using my digital dictaphone - I put it and the phone right beside my laptop so I can talk and take notes at the same time - and the quality is always fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,260 ✭✭✭jdivision

They used to sell them in Peat's of Parnell street, not sure if they still do

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 whatsonin.ie

If it's a nokia download the ultimate voice recorder - really good

• Registered Users Posts: 4,260 ✭✭✭jdivision

Lads, it's a jack that plugs into both a landline phone and the dictaphone/casette recorder, nothing to do with mobiles

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭outandabout

I have one from the Phone Shop in Dawson Street which seems to have gone out of business but need a replacement.

They're great devices and I'm keen to find a similar replacement

• Registered Users Posts: 78,333 ✭✭✭✭Victor

I presume you are in print media?

Try Peats, they should be able to supply either the cable or a new piece of equipment.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 296 ✭✭iamskippy

mia2010 wrote: »
    Hey all,

Is this it
    http://www.microeye.ie/telephone_interface.htm
    Or is it the white one quite short? http://www.telephonecallrecorder.com/phone-recorder-handset-adapter-p-83.html
    Well that one is black but i think it is the same as one I have, very short though, never even used it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,689 ✭✭✭shepthedog

As far as I can remember I got mine in Woodies and pretty sure they still have them

Advertisement