Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Put your questions to Keith Barry, Mentalist of the year, magician and TV presenter

Options
  • 07-01-2010 9:23pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,241 ✭✭✭

To call Keith Barry a 'mentalist' is probably not an insult, given he won an award for same last year from the the International Magicians Society.

He's currently on our TV screens on TV3's Deal Or No Deal - and from that website:
    Having headlined a show on the legendary Las Vegas strip and with a string of hit TV shows to his name, Keith Barry has become a household name across Europe and the States as an astonishing illusionist.

Massively successful TV shows such as ITV1's Primetime Special "Keith Barry - The Escape LIVE", "Brainwashed" on MTV in the US, "Close Encounters with Keith Barry" and "Keith Barry - Extraordinary" have catapulted Keith into worldwide notoriety.

Keith also regularly performs for A-list celebrities such as Colin Farrell, Samuel L. Jackson, Justin Timberlake, Beyonce, Harrison Ford, The Osbournes, Matthew Perry, Natasha Hendstridge, and many others.

and he's also currently on tour with his Keith Barry: The Asylum shows.

UPDATE: Keith will be doing an interview tonight for Boards.ie members.

KB_new2.jpg

So, like Dustin, David LaChapelle, Eamon Ryan, Damien Duff and John O Shea, put your questions to Keith below and I'll put them to him. :D

Thanks so much!

Darragh

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 55,452 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Ever met David Blaine? Is he a gobshíte in real life?

• Registered Users Posts: 43,774 ✭✭✭✭Basq

"Mentalist of the year"? :confused:

On a more serious note.. you were a guest star in an episode of 'CSI: Miami', have you been approached for any more major or minor roles in TV series (besides your presenting role in 'Deal Or No Deal' obviously)?

Or did you get any TV offers after 'CSI: Miami' that you turned down (due to scheduling conflicts etc.) and regretted it?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,316 ✭✭✭Reginald P. DuM

OK Keith, I have always wanted to know this. We all remember you driving blindfold with Kathryn Thomas in the passenger seat.

Did you use those super vision skills to look through her clothes to see her nakid!? :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 592 ✭✭✭Black Magic

: How are you coping?
    : Do you ever use your magic on your wife?
    : How did you first realise you were magic?
    : Can you hypnotise people and disapear before their eyes?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

What is David Caruso really like? Does he really wear 2 pairs of sunglasses?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,386 ✭✭✭EKRIUQ

When his Las Vegas career was "so successful" in his own words, whats he back doing back in Ireland?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,339 ✭✭✭me-skywalker

Ever do drunken magic? and if so how wrong did it go?

Did you use Magic to cheat in the leaving cert?

• Registered Users Posts: 27,321 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

What number am I thinking of?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,021 ✭✭✭m83

Keith, why stay in Ireland? Wouldn't the States be a better market for you?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭hellboy99

(1.) What's the very first trick you done ?

(2.) Have you ever been caught out or had a trick go wrong, if so how did you react ?

(3.) If you found yourself on a desert island and were given the choice to pick one other magician to stay with you which person from the following three would you pick:

1. David Copperfield
    2. David Blaine
    3. Paul Daniels

• Registered Users Posts: 4,257 ✭✭✭SoupyNorman

Hi Keith,

I sure you get asked this all the time but if you were out shopping for a dishwasher and had to choose between a Miele or a Zanussi, which would you choose and why?

(I am serious btw)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,444 ✭✭✭evil_seed

what number am I thinking of?
    :pac::pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 675 ✭✭✭Dr.Sanchez

: Do you ever use your magic on your wife?
    : How did you first realise you were magic?

....There's no such thing as magic, I'm sorry to break it to you.

• Registered Users Posts: 205 ✭✭RichCRX

to somewhat quote the simpsons;
    are you really a magician?
    really?
    really?

• Registered Users Posts: 193 ✭✭jimzy

1 - you are the number one mentalist, did you mentalise the judges to make you number one? ...i suppose if you managed this, then you deserve to be the number one mentalist.

2 - you say you can give people orgasms when you shake hands with them. do you have a penis in your hand?

3 - if you were not a magician / mentalist, then what would you be?

4 - have you ever used your magic for evil? like getting out of a parking ticket, something crazy like that?

• Registered Users Posts: 193 ✭✭jimzy

Deal.... or.... no deal? ;)

Somebody had to do it!
    I'm sorry

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25 sabiansoldier

Is it not somewhat inappropriate to have a "magician" or a "psychic" presenting deal or no deal?? surely you can forsee all the right boxes thereby spoiling the entire point of the game?? 8-D

Is it not somewhat inappropriate to have a "magician" or a "psychic" presenting deal or no deal?? surely you can forsee all the right boxes thereby spoiling the entire point of the game?? 8-D

He explained before that he isn't let anywhere near them. On the radio and TV

• Registered Users Posts: 13,589 ✭✭✭✭Aidric

How do you deal with scepticism?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 290 ✭✭Longboard

If you're that good at reading people and card tricks, why the hell aren't you cleaning up at the poker tables??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,645 ✭✭✭Daemos

I bet you'd be great at Magic The Gathering. Fancy a game?

When hosting Deal Or No Deal can you use your magic powers to see what's in every box?

How did Derren Brown really predict the lottery?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,675 ✭✭✭ronnie3585

Do you feel dirty after recording an episode of Deal or no Deal?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,494 ✭✭✭citizen_p

since you can count cards, why didnt you just go to vegas and win big?

• Registered Users Posts: 342 ✭✭Matt Santos

There are a few people in this sector of entertainment that do similar stuff to you. ie. Derren and Cris Angel.
    1. Have you ever met any of the guys that do the similar act and have you discussed any part of your act and how it could be improved?

2. Is there any famous illusion or mentalist trick that still fascinates you that you have yet to master?

3. Why would a world class act like yours be content with presenting a TV show, in Ireland, that is so dumb as "Deal or No Deal"? Money obviously,but I would have imagined after a successful stint in Vegas that this would be considered a regressive step in your career?

4. Do you find it in any way difficult to think of ways to dress up a particular "trick" to make it unique to the others that share your talents?

5. I am of the opinion that the CSI Miami gig was just a "right place at the right time" sort of event. But, not counting the present TV experience, are you interested in this as a career direction and have you an interest in making movies etc?

Thanks,

Matt

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,290 ✭✭✭mickydoomsux

How do you keep getting work?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,362 ✭✭✭K4t

Do you actually believe you're a magician, Mr. Barry?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,068 ✭✭✭Bodhisopha

Now that you are effectively the Irish Noel Edmonds; do you feel like you have arrived/made it?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,142 ✭✭✭koHd

Does your middle name begin with a G?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 50 ✭✭ContyHooks

Here's my questions:

1) Do you smoke? (If so, which brand?)
    2) What are your favourite clothes shops?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement