Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where's Barry Lang these days?

Options
  • 11-12-2009 2:48am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 740 ✭✭✭

remember him from 2 fm?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭mud

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

Pilot living in Dubai - I used to love the Hotline presented by him in the 80s.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,034 ✭✭✭deadhead13

There was a thread about him recently in the radio forum. There is a link to an interview he did with Ian Dempsey last may....

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055554600&highlight=barrry+lang

• Registered Users Posts: 9,575 ✭✭✭lord lucan

To think the beatbox was the stuff of multimedia dreams at the time,simulcast with vision on RTE 2 and stereo sound on radio 2!! :eek::eek:

I'm nearly sure that Barry Lang was hosting the beatbox the day that Nelson Mandela was released,there was feck all videos played as they kept cutting back to a live shot from outside the prison.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,761 ✭✭✭Aglomerado

lord lucan wrote: »

I'm nearly sure that Barry Lang was hosting the beatbox the day that Nelson Mandela was released,there was feck all videos played as they kept cutting back to a live shot from outside the prison.

You are right, that's exactly how I remember the Nelson Mandela release. Barry Lang was great. I remember Smiley Bolger too, whatever happened to him?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,902 ✭✭✭✭ctrl-alt-delete

Aglomerado wrote: »
    I remember Smiley Bolger too, whatever happened to him?

He is King among Thin Lizzy fans, organises the Vibe for Philo every year.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,575 ✭✭✭lord lucan

Aglomerado wrote: »
    I remember Smiley Bolger too, whatever happened to him?

Used to see him in Slattery's on Capel st. a lot in the early/mid nineties and the vibe for Philo gigs every january.

Advertisement