Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gunstock Makers in Ireland

Options
  • 30-11-2009 6:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10

Hi, I am new to to this site and new to forums!!!!
    But I am trying to find any person who makes the timber gunstocks. Anyone I find is in the UK or US. Does anyone know of anyone in Ireland which makes gunstocks?

Irish Henry

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,296 ✭✭✭rowa

the company in the states that does gunstocks does them cheap enough and exports to ireland , if you were to find someone here they'd charge an arm and a leg .
    http://rifle-stocks.com/

• Registered Users Posts: 10 Irish Henry

Thanks guys......all a great help.
    A friend of mine was trying to get information on a guy in the south east of Ireland for me. He came back with the following info:

'Pat Sludds of Wexford. Used to make them some years ago and was the best inthe country. He is back making them as of this year. Apparently he is really skilled, but really good price. Do not have a contact for him yet, but will hopefully have one by tomorrow.'

Sorry - really new to the forum - not long on computers either!
    How do I get a contact number or email and Jerry Gearn?

Thanks again guys - Henry

• Registered Users Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭dwighet

Ya we had a few good laughs .......... Clive still got those pants ? :eek: :D

he wears em while deer stalking in Kerry....says there like a good luck charm:eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 468 ✭✭foxhunter

A friend of mine was trying to get information on a guy in the south east of Ireland for me. He came back with the following info:

'Pat Sludds of Wexford. Used to make them some years ago and was the best inthe country. He is back making them as of this year. Apparently he is really skilled, but really good price. Do not have a contact for him yet, but will hopefully have one by tomorrow.'

Sorry - really new to the forum - not long on computers eitherHow do I get a contact number or email fon and Jerry Gearn?

Here's a number for Pat he has some lovely timber in stock at the moment
    087 6904289

Thanks for that foxhunter! I was told the something similar last night - apparently he is works with good quality wood for fair prices! Sounds like my kind of man (I am assuming Pat is a man!!!)

As it happens I have had 5 other recommendations for the same guy over the past 2 days - Pat Sludds in Wexford. Apparently one of the best around! I even got an email address for him - see below. Foxhunter has the number above.
    patsludds@gmail.com

I will of course check out the prices of them all; but this guy is the closest to me with the most recommendations so might start with him.
    Will update you on the feedback.

Thanks a million for all your help guys. Will keep you posted.
    Enjoyed my first experience with Forum!!

Henry:D

• Advertisement

Does anyone know what the rough cost of a new stock for a sidelock shotgun might be - in a nice bit of walnut?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 63 ✭✭Mr Flibble

so does that mean John Green & Jerry Gearn do not restock a shotgun?
    Only John COnroy and Pat Sludds?:confused:

I'd have thought Gerry Gearon was a man for shotguns rather than rifles.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Crowbar10

I am looking for a gun stock maker in ireland or the uk for a detailed remake of an existing original broken stock! i need someone who is an expert in the field! i have heard that conroy in portlaois who only does stock extensions and also i have heard of sluds in wexford! are these guys up for the job or should i look else where

• Registered Users Posts: 1,464 ✭✭✭Double Barrel

Irish Henry welcome to the board.

Depending on the gun it could cost more than the gun is worth. Which gunmaker are we speaking of?

Bye the way, what is the matter with the existing stock?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,072 ✭✭✭cavan shooter

Sorry - really new to the forum - not long on computers either!
    How do I get a contact number or email for John Green and Jerry Gearn?

if I remember right I saw his number displayed in Courtlough over the weekend, I'm sure if you give them a bell theyll assist

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,096 ✭✭✭bunny shooter

Gerry Gearon in Clonmel I've heard can make any stock you want. His number is listed above

Crowbar10 wrote: »
    I am looking for a gun stock maker in ireland or the uk for a detailed remake of an existing original broken stock! i need someone who is an expert in the field! i have heard that conroy in portlaois who only does stock extensions and also i have heard of sluds in wexford! are these guys up for the job or should i look else where

we brought two guns to Pat Sludds in Wexford, a new stock and a recheckering on the other. He did a fantastic job. I would say he is well up to the challange. I did not try the other guy conroy, as i heard he was very expensive. This guy in Wexford was closer and he was really a good price for a great job. His number is 087 6904289. He said he has just set up a blog site for contact. http://patsluddsgunstocks.wordpress.com/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35 buck hunter

Just digging up an old thread..
    got these stocks made by a man in north tipperary,
    288uvdi.jpg
    rmrwra.jpg

totally gifted,,,his number is 0871652537

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,898 ✭✭✭poulo6.5

very nice, i like the thumb hole one. will he make them to suit any rifle and most important how much:D

well wear

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35 buck hunter

poulo6.5 wrote: »
    very nice, i like the thumb hole one. will he make them to suit any rifle and most important how much:D

well wear

Thanks paulo, he does nice work alright,think hes doing one for a shotgun at the moment so im sure he could make them to suit any rifle. I done a bit of work for him got a discount rate:D:D if you ring him im sure he will help you out. id say he would be reasonable enough...

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭airsoft tactics

Pat Sludds- i cant recommend the man highly enough.. he recreated the stock beautifully and in my opinion excellent value for money.. both Pat and his wife were very hospitable..:)
    http://www.gunstocks.ie/

Advertisement