Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

RCSI Open Day

Options
  • 28-10-2009 2:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 679 ✭✭✭

Hi guys,

just wondering if anyone else is attending the RCSI open day, on Saturday 14th November? Any TCD students going?!

And anyone who went last year, did you find it useful/informative?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 916 ✭✭✭MicraBoy

I'm going along. I read a few posts here and in newmediamedicine saying it was a really good day. I hope so!

• Registered Users Posts: 328 ✭✭eagle_&_bear

I'm going too

(after a bit of a hiatus from the boards...I'm back)

anyone else going? - the day 9.30-4.00 is diabetes themed

• Closed Accounts Posts: 109 ✭✭Echani

I think I'll be there, probably answering some questions along with a couple of other students. Last year's group seemed to find it pretty useful, although I think most of the questions we got ended up being about the GAMSAT..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 RCSI GEP

Just in case anyone didn't manage to secure an invitation to the Open Day on November 14th we will be holding another Open Day in early January. The level of interest this year has been overwhelming and those who were eligible for entry in the coming year were prioritised on a first-come first-served basis.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 291 ✭✭liberal

Coming up from cork and going to the ireland-france match after, back of the net:D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 67 ✭✭moncai

Hey does anyone know if you get an actual confirmed invitations from RCSI in order to attend? I put myself on the list of interested applicants and got an email acknowledging my interest about 2 weeks ago but nothing in it mentions my place being confirmed...

I'm just uncertain as to whether i can simply rock up on the day now or not.

• Registered Users Posts: 40 MedGal

Did you get an invitation?

If so, did you reply to invitation?

Best thing to do is email them directly!

moncai wrote: »
    Hey does anyone know if you get an actual confirmed invitations from RCSI in order to attend? I put myself on the list of interested applicants and got an email acknowledging my interest about 2 weeks ago but nothing in it mentions my place being confirmed...

I got an invitation following the initial email acknowledgement. I RSVP'd to that and got a "see you on Saturday" mail today.

I think it is invitation only tbh, but there is supposed to be a second open day in January as they weren't able to accomodate every one this time around.

Just got a text from RCSI about the open day. I'm in Group 5 apparently. :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 679 ✭✭✭just-joe

Yeah I just got the same text, group two for me.

Just wondering whats the best bus to get out there would be (from the city centre), and how long you would need? Thanks.

• Advertisement

just-joe wrote: »
    Yeah I just got the same text, group two for me.

Just wondering whats the best bus to get out there would be (from the city centre), and how long you would need? Thanks.

38/a/b/c

38 and 38a

38b and 38c/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 RCSI GEP

moncai wrote: »

Dear Moncai,
    You do need an invitation I'm afraid. We have been inundated with interest this year and we have had to put on a second event in January. The fairest way was to give priority to those who are eligible to apply this coming year and places were offered on a first-come, first served basis. So, even if you are eligible you might not have got a place for Saturday's event becuase of when you registered. If you would like to PM your details to me I can confirm whether or not you are on the list.

Best wishes

• Registered Users Posts: 328 ✭✭eagle_&_bear

Can I just thank all at RCSI for a really well organised and hugely informative day.

It was a brilliant day, apparently a total of 186 people applied to go, 64 got into the 1st open day and a second open day is planned for some time in January.

Having reached a bit of a lull over the past few weeks with work etc, I'm definately back on the RCSI track!

gamsat here i come

• Registered Users Posts: 679 ✭✭✭just-joe

Yeah, it really was a great day! Very informative and quite inspiring! Could definitely have spent longer talking to the students.

They didn't seem to have any complaints, so RCSI would definitely be my first choice for GEM in Ireland! The facilities were great and from the sounds of it, the whole thing is very organised and professional.

Advertisement