Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Any minimun age for Bank of Ireland Debit/Laser card?

Options
  • 25-10-2009 5:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 442 ✭✭

Just looking at the Terms and Conditions and it doesn't seem to mention one anywhere.

Would is be possible for a 16 year old to get a BOI Laser card?

Thanks in advance! :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,843 ✭✭✭Jet Black

I got my first account with boi when I 16. I dont think they had laser at the time and just got a pass card. Its not clear in the terms and conditions.

• Administrators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,908 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Toots

At the moment they're only issuing them to over 18s, but they're looking into issuing them for under 18s. There's no timeframe on this yet though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,865 ✭✭✭✭January

Permanent TSB are issuing Laser to under 18's my little sister and brother got theirs the other week.

• Registered Users Posts: 442 ✭✭STBR

Mask wrote: »
    I got my first account with boi when I 16. I dont think they had laser at the time and just got a pass card. Its not clear in the terms and conditions.
    Yeah I know, thanks.
    Toots* wrote: »
    At the moment they're only issuing them to over 18s, but they're looking into issuing them for under 18s. There's no timeframe on this yet though.
    Okay thanks. It's odd they don't seem to specify that on their site though.
    Permanent TSB are issuing Laser to under 18's my little sister and brother got theirs the other week.
    Great! Looks like I'll be going with them then!

Thanks!

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 7,395 Mod ✭✭✭✭**Timbuk2**

You'll get an Ulster Bank Visa Debit card (better than Laser as it can be used online also) if you open an account with them. They offer Adapt accounts for 11-18 year olds, although under 16s need parental permission to receive the Debit Card.

• Advertisement
Advertisement