Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

John O' Shea answers your questions for him

• 05-10-2009 3:42pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,241 ✭✭✭

Hello all,

Thanks again to everyone who posted a question (or 5) in this thread for John O'Shea. He was in Dublin as part of his deal with Carlsberg to promote the HERE WE GO AGAIN poll which centred on the most emotional moments Irish fans have had supporting the boys in green.

I didn't have very long with John as he was under time pressure but I asked and he answered as many questions as we both could. Some of them are quite interesting answers too.

Thanks again! Let me know what you think, good, bad or indifferent.

Darragh

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,826 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

can somebody post the link for me as apposed to the embedded video?

thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,241 ✭✭✭Darragh

Video here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6kBCGy7xw3s

Will also post it on the blog :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

That's brilliant Darragh, really great interview :) John comes across as such a sound bloke !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,791 ✭✭✭✭JPA

Good stuff.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,902 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Really good interview, and the questions chosen were great imo (especially my one! :p)

Another success for boards.ie, make sure Darragh that you hurry up with the next big name for us to grill!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,041 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

Much better than the Duff interview.

Leaving out usernames was a good idea.

Roll on the next one.

Nice to see he looks out for Waterford results.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

Brilliant interview. I suggest we get Luis Figo for the next one so we can ask him about that nutmeg :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

FutureGuy wrote: »
    Brilliant interview. I suggest we get Luis Figo for the next one so we can ask him about that nutmeg :p

After years of therapy he managed to block it out of his mind, I don't think it's fair to remind him :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,283 ✭✭✭gucci

I know you are probably very busy, but will there be a transcript of this? Sorry to be all old school on you, but youtube etc is blocked at work and i dont get online much in the evenings!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,908 ✭✭✭Daysha

Brilliant interview, well done Darragh.

Nice to see my question included too (the about SAF's role in his versatility) :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,041 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

gucci wrote: »
    I know you are probably very busy, but will there be a transcript of this? Sorry to be all old school on you, but youtube etc is blocked at work and i dont get online much in the evenings!

I'm sure you can spare ten and a half minutes in the evening.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,241 ✭✭✭Darragh

gucci wrote: »

One of the things I will be doing in future is also podcasting these things. It's on the list of things to do, but, as you can imagine, it's going to take a while.

Re the transcript, it would take me ages. I'll see what the boss thinks about adding it to the list, but I won't promise anything.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,853 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

wahey asked three of my questions in a row and although JOS was a bit vague on the first two (only mentioning Wellbeck as impressive youngsters) he has moved up a notch imo for how he answerd the third one about his footballing heroes as a kid by mentioning McGrath followed by Maldini who are also my (defensive) footballing heroes/favs.

He looked much more at ease than Duffer and seems like he could be a bit of a laugh tbh, he even plays FF but hasnt picked himself!

fair play Darragh, there was far more of a flow to this interview too with follow on questions that made it slightly more like a conversation than just a massive list of questions

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,283 ✭✭✭gucci

Darragh wrote: »
    One of the things I will be doing in future is also podcasting these things. It's on the list of things to do, but, as you can imagine, it's going to take a while.
    Cool
    Darragh wrote: »
    Re the transcript, it would take me ages. I'll see what the boss thinks about adding it to the list, but I won't promise anything.

No problems, it wasn't an actual request as such, just something i was wondering you were planning to do.
    I'm sure you can spare ten and a half minutes in the evening.
    Only if you say so.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 690 ✭✭✭givyjoe81

Did i imagine it, or did Darragh accidentally insult John O'Shea with someone's smart ass two left feet jibe (just after asking him what hand he was)?! Quickly sidestepped with 'two great feet' or something!!:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,791 ✭✭✭✭JPA

givyjoe81 wrote: »
    Did i imagine it, or did Darragh accidentally insult John O'Shea with someone's smart ass two left feet jibe (just after asking him what hand he was)?! Quickly sidestepped with 'two great feet' or something!!:D

I think he did! I thought John might smile but he didn't.

• Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 12,739 Mod ✭✭✭✭cournioni

Great interview. Top man O'Shea, always honest, whether on the pitch or off.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,591 ✭✭✭✭Aidric

Yep, he didn't like it one bit.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,466 ✭✭✭blinding

Great interview. John O'Shea came across as a sound fella.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,466 ✭✭✭blinding

A the poor lad (Darragh I mean:D) was nervous so we will have to forgive him.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,230 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

Woo, got the first question :)

Excellent interview, JOS looked a lot more interested than Duff and seemed to actually enjoy some of the questions.

Keep it up Darragh :D

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,656 ✭✭✭dannydiamond

Great stuff and thanks Daragh,he seems like a nice bloke.
    It was funny when he was talking about the playoffs and said they were two one off games.:pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

He's only 5.5 in Fantasy Football so not picking himself is bizzare!

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,230 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

Mikeyt086 wrote: »
    He's only 5.5 in Fantasy Football so not picking himself is bizzare!

All his friends have him though so he can sabotage them if necessary ;)

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,030 ✭✭✭angel01

Great interview, he seems a really nice guy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,604 ✭✭✭Kev_ps3

Good interview, well done..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,838 ✭✭✭✭3hn2givr7mx1sc

Who's next for the chopping block Darragh? :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭Mr Alan

fair play, seems like a good fella.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,823 ✭✭✭Horsefumbler

gj darragh but I wanted you to say my username. i think you bottled it :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,928 ✭✭✭dubmick

sound bloke, I know who I would rather have a pint with between O'Shea and Duff

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,804 Mod ✭✭✭✭Keano

Really great interview and well impressed he has a dream team. Duff seemed to not even a hobby outside of football.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,785 ✭✭✭killwill

I enjoyed that. Seems like a down to earth bloke and he looked like he was enjoying himself. Missed the Duffers one. Must go look it up now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Good interview. John seemed down to earth.

Stephen Hunt I reckon would be great in one of these. I'm not sure how Darragh arranges the interviews but I reckon Hunt would be up for it. He's never shy about airing his views.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,416 ✭✭✭Jimmy Iovine

Haha delighted my question was asked near the end there. Some man seems fairly sound too

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

Really great interview and well impressed he has a dream team. Duff seemed to not even a hobby outside of football.

Fantasy Football hardly counts as a hobby "outside" football, does it?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,455 ✭✭✭anplaya

well would ya be putting up transcripts of the interview?be interesting to know what he was saying as most people think it was a class interview.if yer not yer not,but thanks anyway.

Enjoyed that, seems like a top bloke.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,692 ✭✭✭Dublin_Gunner

Great interview Darragh, and credit to Mr. O'Shea - he actually looked like he wanted to answer the questions for you, unlike Duffer who seemed pre-occupied / hungover during his.

Hopefully, there'll be plenty more to come, keep up the good work!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

Fair play to him. Seems like a nice fella. Nice to seem him keeping tabs on Waterford too. Heard he was a fan before.

Not sure if I'd sit through another half-hour of that accent though. :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭Sherifu

Seems like a top bloke. Good questions too.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

Good man JOSH, sound out so he is and hasn't let his fame or money go to his head one bit.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,417 ✭✭✭secman

Delighted he answered my question on being actually left handed despite playing mostly on right side and having 2 good feet, Daragh almost made a mess of that one !

Always rated him as a top Pro, all he needed was a good run of games. Top top bloke too. Great interview.

Would love to see either Giggs or scholes in a similar interview, both model pro's and guys that stay out of limelight too.

All in all , very good interview.

Secman

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,804 Mod ✭✭✭✭Keano

Des wrote: »
    Fantasy Football hardly counts as a hobby "outside" football, does it?
    Of course it does :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,726 ✭✭✭quank

Great interview. Anybody got a link for the Duff one?

quank wrote: »
    Great interview. Anybody got a link for the Duff one?
    Here you go Damien Duff

Advertisement