Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

fake Sony MDR V900 Headphones. With pics

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,744 ✭✭✭Táck

kevogy wrote: »
    30 euro
    sony
    might be fake

it doesn't take a rocket scientist man! someone said to me before about ebay, if its too good to be true, its fake. i know nothing about headphones, i'll admit, but to me, what you got is fake.

even have a look here at some of the prices:
    http://shopping.msn.com/prices/sony-mdr-v900hd-headphones/itemid702122779/?itemtext=itemname:sony-mdr-v900hd-headphones

on the eBay ad, not once does it say authentic and or genuine. i'd contact the seller and tell him/her they are fake and see what response you get.

keep us posted!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,607 ✭✭✭VinylJunkie

Fake no need to look at photos!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 electroma

unfortunatly fake man, sony wouldnt allow them out of the factory the quality is that bad never mind the price

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

Seems weird that they don't post to Italy or France. Why just 2 countries?

They're definitely fake. If you paid by Paypal you should have a decent enough case for getting a refund.

I remember buying a few CDs off Gemm a few years ago and they were knock offs so I emailed the seller asking WTF? Had they money transferred back into my account wihtin a few hours. These guys don't want the hassle. Give it a shot anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,398 ✭✭✭run_Forrest_run

BaZmO* wrote: »
    Seems weird that they don't post to Italy or France. Why just 2 countries?

I've often seen sellers state that they won't ship to Italy, I'm guessing it's something to do with the awfully slow postal servive they have but it's only a guess.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Cave_Studios

I bought a pair myself because I used to use these when I worked in a studio in Hawaii and I wanted to see if these were up to par.

I got them off ebay for $20.50 USD (Red flag no 1) shipped from Hong Kong. I opened them up and they looked allright. At quick glance, they didn't seem too bad. The jack sleeve was plastic instead of metal, though. (Red flag no 2)

So, I tried out the audio. A few mp3s later, they sounded just as good as any other headphones I ever had, if not just a lot louder. They almost worked like speakers. So, then I tried a few FLAC files side by side with 90kbs mp3s of the same song… no difference. (Red flag no 3)
    That's when I got suspicious. So, I tried the real test. A tone generator and a spectral analyzer. They're supposed to give a frequency response of 5-80,000hz but the ones I tested could barely get to 40hz on the low end and couldn't handle anything higher than 17,000hz. Not just what I could hear, but also on the spectral analyzer: nothing. I've heard 18k hz before, so I know it's not my ears and I know my equipment can handle 20k, so I know it's not that.

My verdict: Fake. Everything points to it.

• Registered Users Posts: 444 ✭✭franklyshocked

The ebay post has been removed so I'm going to the fake side myself

Advertisement