Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Job Seekers Networking Event - Engineers Ireland - 2nd October 2009 @ 8am

Options
  • 16-09-2009 12:49pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 201 ✭✭

Hi All,

On Friday 2nd Oct, Engineers Ireland will be holding a Job Seekers Networking morning in our headquarters in Clyde Road at 9:00am.

This event is aimed at recent engineering graduates who yet to find employment and at engineers who recently lost their job or found their working hours reduced due to the current economic climate.

The object is to get this group together once a month, to share knowledge, address concerns, idenitify skills needs and have guest speakers at each meeting from industry...again dictated by the group.

Should the first networking event be success, they will run every month in Engineers Ireland with the group dictating the agenda for each meeting.

Please pass this message on to any engineer who may be interested, who may fit the above description or may want to get involved.

Membership of Engineers Ireland is not required.

Register your interest at smaguire@engineersireland.ie

Initial Job Seekers Network Event
    Friday 2nd October 2009
    Engineers Ireland, 22 Clyde Road, Dublin 4.
    8am – Registration. (B’fast served @8.30)
    10.30am – Close. Coffee.
    RSVP smaguire@engineersireland.ie

If you have any questions on the above send a PM

Engineers Ireland

Comments

Just corrected the e-mail address there (I don't think there's an engineeersireland :)).

I think this is a good idea, just the one problem would be getting word out to those engineers who aren't in Engineers Ireland and are jobless (and not on Boards). But hope it goes well.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 201 ✭✭EngIreland

Chee(e)rs Donal :)

We are looking at publishing through colleges, media and obviously our weekly Sectors Brief e-mail.

hopefully word of mouth will assist also.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,204 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

Might also be worth while correcting the time. 8 or 9am?

apologies for the confusion

registration is at 8:00am, breakfast is served at 8:30am, with the event kicking off at 9:00am.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,529 ✭✭✭BlackEdelweiss

This is a good idea but it will mostly only benefit engineers who live in or near Dublin, especially regarding the networking aspect. There are many unemployed engineers all over Ireland. Would there be plans for any regional meetings, even one per province?

• Advertisement

Yes, it is planned to roll out this networking event across our 11 regions in Ireland over the course of next couple of months.

It has already being run twice in our South East region - the most recent was in the first week of Sept - and our GB region also ran such an event.

I will post when we have details on this event being hosted in our regions.

If you are a member, keep an eye on the weekly "sectors brief" e-mail that goes out every monday.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 125 ✭✭pepsi1234

Unfortunately I won't be able to attend. Just wanted to know if there was a newsletter I could sign up to? (assuming there will be one)

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,204 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

The IEI send out sector briefs. Are you signed up to that?

Just to let you know that 35 engineers turned up this morning.
    5 tables of 6 engineers plus 1 table of 5.

It seemed to go well as it ran over by 1 1/2 hours, though those who turned up may say differently!!;)

Will post up some points from the event once we have them written up in the minutes.
    There was three guest speakers
    Aaron Downs - Dublin Job Club
    Dominac Loughran - Niall Mellon Trust
    Eugene Daly - Finance for Engineers

Next meeting set for 6th Nov.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭Brian CivilEng

Fair play to the IEI for organising this event, I left feeling more positive than I have felt in a while.

• Advertisement
Advertisement