Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leaving work due to stress/depression-entitled to anything?

Options
  • 15-09-2009 1:41pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 39

Hello
    I have been out sick for the past 10 days. I dont think I will be going back. I can't face going back in. This is due to my own personal anxiety and depression and some bullying in work.The bullying is very subtle but after 3 years I just can't take anymore. There are only 4 in my work place and I feel i just cannot go back even if hr tried to sort things out. I don't want to sue them or anything like that. I have to try to get my depression and panic attacks under control.
    If I hand in my notice would I be entitled to anything from social welfare. I dont want to keep calling in sick using certs as this is adding to my feeling of guilt and anxiety and I really cannot see myself going back .
    Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,085 ✭✭✭Xiney

The fact that you have documented stress/depression/anxiety related to working there means that you will likely not have any disqualification period.

This job is doing damage to your mental and physical health, jack it in today and visit social welfare first thing. Your claim will only start once you go into the social welfare so you have to go in ASAP.

Good luck.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,556 ✭✭✭Nolanger

Better get a note from a doctor stating you are actually fit for work.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 7,920 Mod ✭✭✭✭cee_jay

Nolanger wrote: »
    Better get a note from a doctor stating you are actually fit for work.

Yeah - if the certs you are submitting are for Illness Benefit, you have to submit your final cert to state you are fit to return to work before signing on for Jobseekers Benefit/Allowance.

Advertisement