Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

COMPETITION: Win tickets to see SEBP, The Chapters, Kormac Live and Tucan on Sept 16

Options
  • 11-09-2009 2:17pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,241 ✭✭✭

Hey all

We have 5 pairs of tickets to give away to a gig in Dublin on Wednesday September 16. It's in the Odeon on Harcourt Street, Dublin 2 from 8:30pm to late.

untitled%5B1%5D%5B11%5D.jpg

On the line-up are

It's part of a free, but ticket-only event called The Sunshine Revolution by Mexican beer SOL. You could try get tickets on the website or just let us know you'd like to go yourselves by adding a reply below.

We'll pick 5 replies that make us laugh with a musical joke. Doesn't have to be original but does have to be funny :)

To get the tickets, just leave a comment below.

Winners will be announced on Monday evening, September 14.

Terms and conditions: You must be over 18 to enter. Judges decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into. No cash alternative or travel expenses are available.

Full press release details here:

Don’t miss your chance to catch the last of the summer rays at the Sol Sunshine Revolution, an exclusive revolutionary night of music fusion taking place on the 16th of September at Odeon, Harcourt St, Dublin 2

Taking to the stage will be Super Extra Bonus Party, The Chapters, Kormac Live and Tucan.

The highlight of the night comes from Super Extra Bonus Party. Having used approximately 219 meters of guitar string, 43 drum sticks, 87 AAA batteries and 57 meters of phono cable thus far in their collective careers, the Choice Music prize winning indie - electronica band, will bring the evening to a new level, giving revolutionaries the chance to march along to some of their brand new material.

The Chapters set is also sure to cause a stir, as this Dublin five piece have been building up to the release of their debut album: Perfect Stranger, for some time. Reviewed by critics as one of the best things to come out of Ireland in years, the band rewarded their followers by playing a storming set at Oxegen ‘09 and are guaranteed to complement the cold drinks with some hot music.

For a performace with a twist, be sure not to miss Kormac Live, 11 amigos currently staging their very own music revolution. Over the last few months Kormac Live have rocked festival after festival over what was a completely booked-up summer, and confirmed live and DJ shows in Africa, Austria, Switzerland, France, the Ukraine and England. The show is constantly developing, incorporating many different styles of music, with the 11 piece band playing everything from drums to kitchen sinks.

After a successful summer on the festival circuit, Tucan are back on the bill by popular demand. Their melodious musicianship, sizzling speed, intricate intensity and authentic creativity has brought these extremely talented and dexterous musicians to packed venues all around the country since their performance at Sol Revolution 08! Infusing Spanish guitar playing with their own unique blend of rock, Tucan has been redefining opinions by incorporating a crossover of different musical styles such as flamenco; jazz; trad; heavy metal; classical and 60s rock.

This is the third year that Sol has supported the summer music scene - 2007 saw the massively successful Sol Shine DJ Tour, featuring Belle and Sebastian and last years Sol Sunshine Revolution brought some much needed heat to the summer with performances by David Kitt, Jape and Tucan.

Tickets are only available online – free of charge! - and places are limited, so log on to www.sunshinerevolution.ie to attend.

Good luck!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭sarah+1

I didn't really understand where I was meant to reply but I don't want that to hinder my chances of winning so...

"Mommy! Mommy! When I grow up I want to be a guitar player!"
    "Now Johnny, you can't do both!"

:)

• Registered Users Posts: 772 ✭✭✭X-Calibre

How many bass players does it take to change a light bulb?

Only one, but the guitarist has to show him first.

Dayyuuuuuummmmm

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37 jimmyj123456

What did the guitar say the piano when it was feeling bad?

Don't fret.

Bam!

I'd actually really like these tickets if I'm not too late!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,241 ✭✭✭Darragh

Heya folks.

Will send you a PM with your details now. Thanks for entering!

Cheers

Darragh

• Registered Users Posts: 433 ✭✭flynnduism

Oh, is there still tickets going for this??

:D

• Advertisement

For you sir, yes :)

Will drop you a PM!

folks, just show up tonight and mention Boards.ie on the door. You'll be on the guest list. Enjoy it!

• Registered Users Posts: 749 ✭✭✭Spastafarian

Is there gonna be free booze at this shindig?

yes, yes indeed. I'm here now, drinking it. Come on down.

Advertisement