If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Philips 32" LCD-TV 32PFL8404H/12

Options
  • 22-08-2009 10:41pm

Hey,

Was recommended to come here by a friend.

I was looking at this TV on Komplett.

http://www.komplett.ie/k/ki.aspx?sku=450170

Just wondering how much ye guys do it for? Also, what else would I need for it? I'm guessing an HDMI cable at least. Any bundle packages? My budget would be about €700/750.

I'm living in Galway too, do ye guys deliver?

Thanks a million in advance! :)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,957 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Ashley

Hi Radiocontrolled

Ah! good taste in TV's you have, thats what I like to see:)

I can do that TV for €680.
    Standard HDMI 1.5mtr cables from €15
    and delivery €35

plus I have all instock at the moment.

Total price of €730

how does that sound??

Thanks for looking us up

Cheers
    Ash

That sounds pretty sweet, do ye take Laser? Would it be over the phone? I think I might leave out the HDMI cable for now and pick one up in a few weeks when I get a PS3.

Also, what warranty would I have with ye?

Thanks again.

Hi Radiocontrolled

I'm happy to take Lazer but it's not something we can process over the phone...regular credit cards absolutely no worries via phone.

The TV comes with a 12 month warranty but I can offer you a 5yr warranty at 10% of the purchase price of the TV, in this case €68 - not bad for 5years piece of mind eh!

You could have ta shiney new TV in your home before the next weekend if you go for it now................

Give me a buzz on 01 474 0788 and we'll do the business:)

cheers
    Ash

I only have a Laser card I'm afraid. Any way around it? I understand there's security issues and that with taking cards over the phone.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 81 ✭✭jackdoes

Hi,

I am looking to get a new tv. Would really like to get an NLDA enabled tv. Also really like the NetTv available on the 8000 and 9000 series.

Have you any prices on these? Looking for 32".

What is the main differences between the 8000 and 9000 series?

Thanks

• Advertisement

Hi Jackdoes

I've attached the specs for both TV's below.

But the basic differences are faster response time, and more powerful Perfect Pixel HD prosessing, improved on board sound system, wireless NET TV function 5 HDMI inputs etc on the 9 series.

We are very fond of the 8 series in the shop - it an excellent TV.
    The 9 series is the best 32" TV Philips have ever produced its a stunner!

www.p4c.philips.com/files/3/32pfl9604h_12/32pfl9604h_12_pss_eng.pdf

www.p4c.philips.com/files/3/32pfl8404h_12/32pfl8404h_12_pss_eng.pdf

The latest price for Boardies on these TV's is...
    32PFL8404 selling at €680
    32PFL9604 selling at €1040

we have them both TV's on display in store so please feel free to call on in and have a looksee.

Thanks for you question
    Ash

Thanks. I like the 8000 and the price seems good. I will call in to see it soon, need to sort out some finances first cause I know when I go in I wont leave with out it.

Have you tried playing with the DLNA stuff at all yet. It seems great but almost too good to be true. stream video direct from PC to TV over Ethernet without any box in between!

• Registered Users Posts: 344 ✭✭mckildare

I like the price on the 8000 series too! was going to get the 6000 series but for an extra 160 it seems worth it to splash out on this, another visit to the shop may be in order ;)

Hi McKildare

Please do call on into us.
    Bring your wallet, and you can walk out of the shop with a excellent TV under your arm:D

atb
    Ash

As tempting as that is I'll have to wait another couple of weeks at least before I have the funds or the location to put it.....would you do a further special if me and jackdoes bought one at the same time? :D

• Advertisement

I am currently looking for a good excuse to get rid of my current (27") tv.

A tempting offer like that would convince me to move things on quicker.

Hi Jackdoes.

Gez thats €220 off what I'm selling them instore! Thats even cheaper than the 32PFL7404 in store.

I'm tempted to get one at that price for my bedroom.......

Call into the shop and have a looksee and playabout with it - after that you wont need any more tempting:)

Oh and I can have your old 27" recyceled if you bring that in as well.....

cheers
    Ash

Hi AshMiller,

Do you offer anythong for the redundant tv. If not I will keep it for now. I will prob sell it or give it to my parents.

It is an LG LCD TV?DVD combo. Perfect nic so i dont want to just dump it.

• Company Representative Posts: 9,459 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: John

jackdoes wrote: »
    Hi AshMiller,

Do you offer anythong for the redundant tv. If not I will keep it for now. I will prob sell it or give it to my parents.

It is an LG LCD TV?DVD combo. Perfect nic so i dont want to just dump it.

Jack,

We don't do trade in's on TV I'm afraid and it does appear too good to just recycle it - why don't you pop an advert on ADVERTS.ie ? Kit does seem to get great prices over there?

Keep us posted,

ATB,

John Mc

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 4,676 ✭✭✭Gavin

Seems like a good upgrade to go for, I think I will go for this instead of the 5000 series. Will there be ones in the phillips store to collect if I drop in on Saturday ? Just mentioned the magic 'boardsie discount' ?

Gavin wrote: »
    Seems like a good upgrade to go for, I think I will go for this instead of the 5000 series. Will there be ones in the phillips store to collect if I drop in on Saturday ? Just mentioned the magic 'boardsie discount' ?

Gavin,

apologies - I have lost the plot on this thread - which one are yuo looking for - I'll check stock for you and come back to you with a Boardies price,

Thanks again,

John Mc

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

mckildare wrote: »
    I like the price on the 8000 series too! was going to get the 6000 series but for an extra 160 it seems worth it to splash out on this, another visit to the shop may be in order ;)

Just dawned on me there, I meant to say 5000 series of course :pac:

Might make it in this Sunday actually, credit card in hand! :) If not, it would be the 2nd week in September before I'm free to go in :( Keep your fingers crossed :p

mckildare wrote: »
    Just dawned on me there, I meant to say 5000 series of course :pac:

Might make it in this Sunday actually, credit card in hand! :) If not, it would be the 2nd week in September before I'm free to go in :( Keep your fingers crossed :p

Mc,

thx for that - should not be a problem on the stock front - however just drop us a line the day before you travel on 01.474.0788 or post us and we will pop one aside for you,

Thanks again,

ATB,

John Mc

johnmc wrote: »
    Jack,

We don't do trade in's on TV I'm afraid and it does appear too good to just recycle it - why don't you pop an advert on ADVERTS.ie ? Kit does seem to get great prices over there?

Keep us posted,

ATB,

John Mc

Thanks for the advice. I put it up. Lets see what happens.

http://adverts.ie/141027

I will be in to pick up my boardie special tomorrow or Friday:D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,676 ✭✭✭Gavin

johnmc wrote: »
    Gavin,

apologies - I have lost the plot on this thread - which one are yuo looking for - I'll check stock for you and come back to you with a Boardies price,

Thanks again,

John Mc

Sorry, should have stated that! I'm keen to get the Philips 32" LCD-TV 32PFL8404H/12 (I was previously looking at the 32PFL5604H/12, but reckon I'll go for the newer model)

The aul Phillips names are not the most intuitive!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,614 ✭✭✭talla

Hi Ashmiller,
    How much for the 32PFL9604 inclusive of delivery to Letterkenny?
    Also whats the best deal you have on the 37PFL9604H to lettetrkenny?
    Also, how long will delivery take if ordered tomorrow?
    Cheers
    Talla

Thanks for the advice. I put it up. Lets see what happens.

http://adverts.ie/141027

I will be in to pick up my boardie special tomorrow or Friday:D

Jack,

thanks a million for that - keep us posted on the orphan LG's progress across on Adverts,

ATB,

John Mc

Gavin wrote: »
    Sorry, should have stated that! I'm keen to get the Philips 32" LCD-TV 32PFL8404H/12 (I was previously looking at the 32PFL5604H/12, but reckon I'll go for the newer model)

The aul Phillips names are not the most intuitive!

What do you mean the Philips model numbers are not the most intuitive???? How dare you!!! :eek:

Let's call a spade a spade - they are the LEAST intuitive in the universe - however given the current 74/84/9 series we can make allowances!

Ok we have just had a price change on the 32PFL8404 today to €719.99 (including boardies discount) - however this includes a 4 year warranty!!!!!

Just on a small aside - per your post above the 8404 is not a newer version - it is from the same range but just much, much much better!!!!!

Thanks again and please do drop me a line if we can assist in any way,

ATB,

John Mc

Ah nuts!! Believe it or not but my bank account was only going to allow for the previous price and I was going to get it on Saturday. Looks like it'll be a couple of more weeks now until the next payday :( Back to staring at the wall so for another while :pac:

Any idea if that price will come down again....? Surely it wont go up more :eek:

johnmc have to be kidding!!

was planning to call in this morning with my 680!!

:(

johnmc have to be kidding!!

was planning to call in this morning with my 680!!

:(

Guys, of course we have no issue sticking to the original price for the boardies who we have quoted - however a 4 year warranty is an excellent deal for the price and any new orders will be processed at the new price including the 4 year warranty (the 4 year warranty on 84 series is available until the end of November only!)

Thanks again

ATB,

John Mc

Great. I will be in around 11 or 12. Where should I park?

Hey Jackdoes

Got it set up yet??
    It's a cracker of a TV.
    Hope you enjoy it

Cheers
    Ash

Hey Ash/John/Nicola

I'll most likely be in tomorrow to pick up one of the sets, actually its today, damn its late :eek: You do have one still in stock right? My mind is not yet made up on the warranty so i'll see how my faith in Philips is when I arrive :)

• Advertisement

Hi Mckildare

Hold fire there!
    I'll have more in next week - sold out at the moment....

I'll let you know when they arrive into us.

Cheers
    Ash

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.