Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mate wants to ask an ammo limit question

Options
  • 07-08-2009 10:22pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 10,271 ✭✭✭✭

Hi folks,

My mate is well into his clay shooting, he's got four guns, one O/U 12ga for clays and one 12ga semi he uses for game. The others are an O/U .410 and a .243.

He reckons he can have 1,000 cartridges for clays. But, for arguments sake say the other gun has a 100 cartridge ammo allowance, he's asking now can he have 1,100 in total in his possession?

I'd imagine not, as they're of the same calibre but then again what do I know :D

Over to the sages..

ATB,

John

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 40,038 ✭✭✭✭Sparks

If he has one 12ga with 1000 shells on the licence and another 12ga with 100 shells on the licence, then he can have a total of 1100 12ga shells. It's fairly straightforward that way.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,271 ✭✭✭✭johngalway

Cheers, I would have thought he'd be limited to the 1,000. I'll let him know.

Advertisement