Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Peugeot 407 alloy wheel won't come off

Options
  • 17-07-2009 9:57pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 22

I might be doing something wrong but with the guide screw in and all the nuts off, I can't get an alloy wheel off the front of my Peugeot 407. Any suggestions? Lock nut off etc, and it won't budge - any help much appreciated..

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,817 ✭✭✭Stevie Dakota

Chances are the alloy and hub have bonded through corrosion. Best bet short of hitting the inner rim with a rubber mallet is to remove all the bolts with the car jacked up, and slowly lower the car until the wheel starts taking weight again, this usually 'pops' the wheel and hub apart, be careful though, don't drop the car!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,073 ✭✭✭homer90

it's just binding with the hub - Try using a rubber mallet to free it ....

Failing that slightly loosen the bolts - move the car foward and back, should free it;)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,906 ✭✭✭✭CJhaughey

If it won't move after jacking etc, put the bolts back in and back them out 1 turn each.
    Drive forward and make a hard turn at about 5 mph, the sideways movement with the full cars weight will break the wheel loose.
    Once the wheel is loose, immediately stop and jack the wheel and remove.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,025 ✭✭✭Row

Mine has copper grease on all the hub's where the alloy mates with the hub....:rolleyes:
    So it must be a 407 thing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22 23:59

Thanks Stevie. Didn't do the job, but some good kicks from a sitting position shifted it eventually.. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,521 ✭✭✭Fabritzo

wd40 next time maybe?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22 23:59

Yeah, would be a disaster having that problem on the side of the road on a dark, wet night

• Closed Accounts Posts: 59 ✭✭Frank_Gooding

Once you have it off clean the hub up with sand paper where is meets the wheel. Then rub some copper grease on the hub to stop the problem happening again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 rsl

Aaa! I was wondering once why there was grease put on in between my car wheel discs...

Advertisement