Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Baxter Scientists Patented "Swine Flu" Vaccine 2 Years Before Outbreak of Virus

Options
  • 18-07-2009 5:44pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 20,009 ✭✭✭✭

Baxter Scientists Patented the “Swine Flu” Vaccine Two Years Before Outbreak of “Novel Swine Flu” Virus

Otfried Kistner, the head of virology at Baxter’s Austrian subsidiary in Orth an der Donau, which contaminated 72 kilos of vaccine material with the live bird flu virus and sent it to 16 labs this February, was part of the Austrian-based Baxter team that applied for a provisional patent for the “swine flu” H1N1 vaccine in August 2007, almost two years before the first “swine flu” outbreak in Mexico City in April2009 in a location about 50 kilometers from a Baxter facility.

Baxter’s Vaccine Patent Application US 2009/0060950 A1 gives “Kistner et al” as the applicant for the patent for the H1N1 vaccine that was provisionally filed on August 28, 2007.

The Austrian Baxter scientist involved in H1N1 vaccine patent also advises the World Health Organisation (WHO) :eek:

http://www.theoneclickgroup.co.uk/documents/vaccines/Baxter%20Vaccine%20Patent%20Application.pdf

h1-baxter-to-develop-swine-flu-vaccine-despite-bird-flu-scandal.jpg

http://dotconnectoruk.blogspot.com/

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,530 ✭✭✭TheInquisitor

As usual i checked if this patent exists

http://appft.uspto.gov/netacgi/nph-Parser?Sect1=PTO2&Sect2=HITOFF&u=%2Fnetahtml%2FPTO%2Fsearch-adv.html&r=344&f=G&l=50&d=PG01&s1=baxter&p=7&OS=baxter+healthcar+corporation&RS=baxter

It does i just couldn't be bothered to read through it to see if it has anything to do with swine flu

• Registered Users Posts: 25,230 ✭✭✭✭King Mob

Patents are a matter of public record.
    Why the **** would they do something that would incriminate them so easily?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 187 ✭✭hugoline

And the H1N1 "Swine flu" killed up to 100 million already in 1918

/sarcasm

All this patent describes is a method to to prepare a vaccine from different Influenza virus strains. They are subdivided according to two specific proteins found on the virus surface.

To cover their ass in the patent they included as many virus subtypes as possible (common practice).

The H1N1 is not a completly new developement, and researchers have been trying to develop a vaccine against this probably since vaccination was first discovered.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,417 ✭✭✭✭watty

It's impossible to have a vaccine two years in advance of a new strain..

A flu virus needs a specific vaccine. Each year they develop a new vaccine for release just before the main flu season. If they do it too soon the virus will have mutated and the vaccine will not be very effective.

A vaccine developed two years ago will be no use today. More likely they have developed and patent a way of making a new vaccine for H1N1 type viruses. Not the specific actual virus at the moment.

Anyone that did have a vaccine or a flu very similar to a new season's flu even 20 or 30 years ago would have some protection, depending on how similar the virus is. (There are various families of flu virus).

The current strain is described as a Novel H1N1, so having had "a" vaccine or infection for H1N1 in past reduces risk (other flus are no help), but not by much due to the "novelty" of the stain.

Apologies to immunologists and vaccine experts for the poor explanation.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 393 ✭✭sherdydan

King Mob wrote: »
    Patents are a matter of public record.
    Why the **** would they do something that would incriminate them so easily?

well you see, there is absoloutely nothing incriminating at all! as mentioned already in this post, the patent is about the combination of different flu vaccines into one vaccine. also H1N1 has been around for much much longer than the news has been reporting (sky news in particular). it was the cause of the 1920's flu pandemic for example. it has just mutated. its still the same virus in the main, just a few slight changes, but its these slight changes which make all the difference.

now, this is by a honours biology LC student, so understand that i may have a few little things wrong there, but thats the story as far is i best know/understand it. if im wrong PLEASE correct me, i wont be offended, in fact il be delighted to be corrected :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,734 ✭✭✭Klingon Hamlet

Still, the fact that Baxter patented the vaccine, or rather patented the style in which the vaccine would be formulated, and then 2 years later the virus runs rampant...

Coincidence? Or horribly effective way to fight overpopulation?

Has anyone asked the big question yet?

No?

Ok.

WHAT HAPPENS WHEN THIS HITS THE THIRD WORLD??? Millions will die. I can't believe this has not even been considered by the media yet.

sherdydan wrote: »
    well you see, there is absoloutely nothing incriminating at all! as mentioned already in this post, the patent is about the combination of different flu vaccines into one vaccine. also H1N1 has been around for much much longer than the news has been reporting (sky news in particular). it was the cause of the 1920's flu pandemic for example. it has just mutated. its still the same virus in the main, just a few slight changes, but its these slight changes which make all the difference.

now, this is by a honours biology LC student, so understand that i may have a few little things wrong there, but thats the story as far is i best know/understand it. if im wrong PLEASE correct me, i wont be offended, in fact il be delighted to be corrected :pac:

I understand that this is likely the case.
    The point I was making was that if there was some evil secret plot they wouldn't do something as stupid as release a vital part of the scheme to a public accessible source like patents.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,734 ✭✭✭Klingon Hamlet

I understand that this is likely the case.
    The point I was making was that if there was some evil secret plot they wouldn't do something as stupid as release a vital part of the scheme to a public accessible source like patents.

Release a vital part of the scheme, which is then pondered in a conspiracy theory section of a wevsite, and therefore regarded by most people as unlikely or even the stuff of paranoia.

Hiding something like this in plain sight always works.

Besides people want to trust their superiors. Hippocratic oaths and patriotism will always hold sway over common sense.

Still, the fact that Baxter patented the vaccine, or rather patented the style in which the vaccine would be formulated, and then 2 years later the virus runs rampant...

Coincidence? Or horribly effective way to fight overpopulation?

Has anyone asked the big question yet?

No?

Ok.

WHAT HAPPENS WHEN THIS HITS THE THIRD WORLD??? Millions will die. I can't believe this has not even been considered by the media yet.

well, this patent applies to pretty much ALL flu vaccines by the looks of it, so i mean, off course a vaccine for the new form of H1N1 will be using this new technology.

and if it was being used to stem overpopulation, im sure the west wouldnt be taking the most hits from the start, it would be the third world as any damage done to it will be very low cost (talking in purely economic terms here) ALSO why are people finding it so hard to simply believe that it is just simply a new flu virus, nowhere near as harmful as the news is saying, but a pandemic non the less. its about time it happened anyways as we are well overdue!

Release a vital part of the scheme, which is then pondered in a conspiracy theory section of a wevsite, and therefore regarded by most people as unlikely or even the stuff of paranoia.

Hiding something like this in plain sight always works.

Besides people want to trust their superiors. Hippocratic oaths and patriotism will always hold sway over common sense.

Or you know it could be people reading too much into something they don't actually understand.
    Like people untrained in virology reading a technical patent?

• Advertisement

oh sorry, i misread what you were saying, my bad, and my apologies!

Advertisement