Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x
Thread Closed  

25-05-2009, 15:35   #1
TradeSecrets

Reporting Tax Fraud

How do you go about reporting tax fraud to Revenue. I know this couple who are milking the system,
  • Working while claiming the dole
  • Single mothers allowance while married/engaged
  • Got a house from the government cause she is unmarried mother

I am pissed off as for the last few years they have milked the system dry and I feel, its time they paid up !
(5) thanks from:
Advertisement
25-05-2009, 15:38   #2
TheInquisitor
Closed Account

Ring the social welfare office. Hate people like that. Probably telling everyone aswell
25-05-2009, 15:39   #3
zefer

Maybe somewhere like here http://www.welfare.ie/EN/ContactUs/P...portfraud.aspx
11-01-2011, 23:22   #4
moomoocow
Banned

Know people like that been thinking of reporting them but only have there name could you still report them? Or if you did would anything actually come of it?
16-01-2011, 19:20   #5
flood18

May i just say your dame right to want to report them.

I'm sick of hearing about people getting house's off the goverment and been given money right left and centre. some of them even get bills paid and are only haven kids for this reason!!!!!!

There is very few people out there that should get a house.

I'm so annoyed because me and my boyfriend wants to settle down together and get a house he's on the dole which he hate!!!! I have a job but there is no way we can get a house off the goverment or even think about getting a house cause they want so much as a deposit and everthing else. Its so hard for young people to get a start because of people like them unmarried mothers who get ****ing everything.

Advertisement
16-01-2011, 19:27   #6
smcgiff

Of course, by now the family reported have long since been homeless thanks to the intervention of the uber citizen.

How did ye find this thread ?
16-01-2011, 22:52   #7
deisemum

I reported someone to social welfare who was defrauding social welfare. You don't even have to give your name though I'd no problem with that if needed and social welfare were very appreciative of all information given.

I only regret that I didn't do it sooner. The person I reported was a scumbag and made the lives of my neighbours and my family hell but the final straw was when there was an armed drugs raid that we had enough. Fortunately they were moved and we have peace again.
03-09-2011, 22:23   #8
yellosub1940

fraud

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheInquisitor View Post
Ring the social welfare office. Hate people like that. Probably telling everyone aswell
if u do report them but u get it wrong and they are paying tax will u get into trouble for reporting them?
03-09-2011, 23:25   #9
laughter189

Quote:
Originally Posted by yellosub1940 View Post
if u do report them but u get it wrong and they are paying tax will u get into trouble for reporting them?
If the report is anonymous , you cannot get into trouble .

You will only have your own conscience to deal with .

Make sure your own affairs are in order first .
Advertisement
07-09-2011, 21:11   #10
fAzI

Send a message via MSN to fAzI Send a message via Yahoo to fAzI Send a message via Skype™ to fAzI
Quote:
Originally Posted by TradeSecrets View Post
How do you go about reporting tax fraud to Revenue. I know this couple who are milking the system,
  • Working while claiming the dole
  • Single mothers allowance while married/engaged
  • Got a house from the government cause she is unmarried mother

I am pissed off as for the last few years they have milked the system dry and I feel, its time they paid up !

this is ok? you think so?
22-04-2012, 16:24   #11
Detstvo

I think it was on another thread that the consensus seemed to emerge that most people wouldn't report people for minor types of fraud and would be far less to report people who they are personally close to. Well, I'm seriously contemplating reporting someone I've been friends with for over 10 years and who was a guest at my wedding. Though he has mentioned various irregularities in his financial affairs to me over the years, the straw that is threatening to break the camel's back is a recent phone call we had. I have known for a long time that he owns a large property abroad from which he earns substantial rental income, which he does not declare on his tax returns here. But he told me in the recent phone call that he and his wife have just been granted medical cards. This phone call happened in a week in which I spent €350 on medical bills for myself and my two children, none of which can be recouped under the €2000-per-annum health insurance policy which I pay for. Add in the stress and sleep deprivation involved in looking after two young children who are very sick and you can maybe guess how I felt. Add into the mix that he also mentioned that he wouldn't be paying a €700 bill for a recent hospital stay on the basis that he had asked around and had got the impression that they don't tend to pursue people with much vigor for hospital bills, and his statement that "I didn't pay the household charge or the '**** tax' either" because most people he asked said they hadn't paid them. If he can get away with that, then the system is doomed to failure and people who play it by the book are mugs
22-04-2012, 16:32   #12
Gingernuts31

Quote:
Originally Posted by Detstvo View Post
I think it was on another thread that the consensus seemed to emerge that most people wouldn't report people for minor types of fraud and would be far less to report people who they are personally close to. Well, I'm seriously contemplating reporting someone I've been friends with for over 10 years and who was a guest at my wedding. Though he has mentioned various irregularities in his financial affairs to me over the years, the straw that is threatening to break the camel's back is a recent phone call we had. I have known for a long time that he owns a large property abroad from which he earns substantial rental income, which he does not declare on his tax returns here. But he told me in the recent phone call that he and his wife have just been granted medical cards. This phone call happened in a week in which I spent €350 on medical bills for myself and my two children, none of which can be recouped under the €2000-per-annum health insurance policy which I pay for. Add in the stress and sleep deprivation involved in looking after two young children who are very sick and you can maybe guess how I felt. Add into the mix that he also mentioned that he wouldn't be paying a €700 bill for a recent hospital stay on the basis that he had asked around and had got the impression that they don't tend to pursue people with much vigor for hospital bills, and his statement that "I didn't pay the household charge or the '**** tax' either" because most people he asked said they hadn't paid them. If he can get away with that, then the system is doomed to failure and people who play it by the book are mugs

Report him for it. He should be declaring the income from his overseas property and this is what revenue are going after big time. Its not fair people like yourself and others who have to fork out hard earned money to pay for medication and hospital bills etc when he can say f*ck it im not paying because no one else is and he gets the medical card with him hiding his tidy income from the overseas house.

I'm just curious how he gets paid for this property? Is it lodged into his account which im guessing looked at when he got medical card or does he have it going into a seperate account he keeps hidden?
22-04-2012, 20:04   #13
Shane732

Please do not bring up dead threads.
Thread Closed