Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Bet - 2009.

• 20-05-2009 11:45pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,602 ✭✭✭✭

So...
    Myself and flahavaj were talking.

I think Ryder is going to get over pretty big, even with that dumb gimmick catchphrase alone. I also have been, well let's be honest, Ryder & Hawkins nuthuggers from the getgo.

So Flahavj Esq has decided to put a bet on, He reckons that Ryder will end up joining the future endeavors club by the time May 20th 2010 arrives. And i strongly disagree.

So folks, who's going to lose out?
    Oh for the record, if Flahavaj loses, I get branded via sig & avatar as OWNED - Property of flahavaj for a week.

And if Flahavaj loses, he gets banned for a week! (regardless if I am moderator in a years time or not).

So what's everyones thoughts?

So who's losing this bet? 3 votes

Flahavaj - Ryder is gonna be around for a while, Woo Woo Wooo, you KNOW it!
    0% 0 votes
    ShawnRaven - He keeps getting it wrong and has lost more bets than a Paddy Power's regular!
    100% 3 votes

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,972 ✭✭✭orestes

What about putting that Pro Wrestling Forum Championship Modship on the line Raven? :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

Its on. Reckon I'll have this one sown up by Christmas to be honest.:pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,602 ✭✭✭✭ShawnRaven

orestes wrote: »
    What about putting that Pro Wrestling Forum Championship Modship on the line Raven? :D

Oooh, is oresticles looking or his old job back? :D

Oh God the fun and games I'd have if I was Mod for a week.:pac:

flahavaj wrote: »
    Oh God the fun and games I'd have if I was Mod for a week.:pac:

You'd sink boards faster than the titanic ever went. You wouldn't last a day, pal! :D

• Advertisement

ShawnRaven wrote: »
    You'd sink boards faster than the titanic ever went. You wouldn't last a day, pal! :D

But like the titanic I'd take you all down with me and furthermore I'd be the first off too!:pac:

But like the titanic I'd take you all down with me and furthermore I'd be the first off too!:pac:

You'd be first off cos you'd be thrown off, with that semi-Cork accent of yours!

You'd be first off cos you'd be thrown off, with that semi-Cork accent of yours!
    Scandalous statement.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,409 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

ECW has, Christian, Swagger, Finlay, Bourne, Henry, Kidd, DH Smith, natty, Vlad, the burchills, helms when he is healthy and probably anyone who has any talent from FCW. I can't see him getting alot of tv time.

I wouldn't hold great hopes for him.

DM-ICE wrote: »
    ECW has, Christian, Swagger, Finlay, Bourne, Henry, Kidd, DH Smith, natty, Vlad, the burchills, helms when he is healthy and probably anyone who has any talent from FCW. I can't see him getting alot of tv time.

Thats the spirit!

• Advertisement

Funny that, people said the same about Cena with his Vanilla Ice gimmick in 2002. :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭Machismo Fan

ECW has, Christian, Swagger, Finlay, Bourne, Henry, Kidd, DH Smith, natty, Vlad, the burchills, helms

ECW doesn't have HBK, Orton, Edge, 'Taker, HHH, Cena, Batista etc. so I think he'll still be around.

Funny that, people said the same about Cena with his Vanilla Ice gimmick in 2002. :confused:

Cena had and has so much more going for him in terms of look, natural charisma and in-ring talent than Ryder or Hawkins or whatever that guy's name is, though.;)

Cena >>>> Edge's bitch.

Cena had and has so much more going for him in terms of look, natural charisma and in-ring talent than Ryder or Hawkins or whatever that guy's name is, though.;)

Not back then, he didn't. He had a body and a PPV win over Jericho and that was it!

Will Zack be able to turn himself into a merch machine, super hero Hoganesque persona?

If he was on smackdown or raw with that gimmick he may have a shot, but as it stands there is limited tv time on ecw and he is WAY behind the other new guys like kidd and smith.

A few months ago they had DJ Gabriel dancing, prancing around and he vanished in recent weeks.

Without seeing the guy over a few weeks i will reserve full judgement. But as it stands I don't have high hopes.

He had a body and a PPV win over Jericho and that was it!

Thats a damn sight more than whatshisface!

ECW doesn't have HBK, Orton, Edge, 'Taker, HHH, Cena, Batista etc. so I think he'll still be around.

In fairness No brand has all them guys on it. ECW is a one hour heel heavy show.

Good luck to him getting ahead of bourne, kidd, swagger and smith who are still relatively new on wwe tv All have big futures without a potentially painful gimmick holding them back.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,851 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

I think you will need him focusing on developing strong friendships backstage more so than going woo woo woo if you wanna win this bet

I'm not saying he's gonna be the next Hogan.
    I'm just saying he'll get over with his character to last him longer than a year?

Thats a damn sight more than whatshisface!

I just realised whathisface has provided us with a stickied thread. How many pages of discussion did Evan Bourne get? 3?

Woo Woo Whoops......

• Advertisement

Sorry, but i wasn't a moderator at the time to give him a "Get well soon Evan" thread :P

I'm not saying he's gonna be the next Hogan.
    I'm just saying he'll get over with his character to last him longer than a year?

I think Zack didn't need such a forced looking gimmick. If he has talent he should be in the spot ricky ortiz may be getting on smackdown. I just look at the young guys on ecw and at the moment I don't see where he is going to fit in.

Its possible he will last longer than a year. I was a fan of the edgeheads. Not sure why they were split up. I hope things work out for him long term.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,478 ✭✭✭Bubs101

Since I predicted the Miz' phenomenal turn of awesomeness I know you're waiting for my invaluable prediction.

He will definitely be around by May 2010 as long as he keeps that gimmick. The gimmick is excellent and those Guido's are probably the most hated stereotype in America, phenomenal heel character. Also, I think that they have good connections in the WWE or otherwise they would have been future endeavored by now

Also, do we really have to keep the poll closed til 2010?It makes no difference to the bet

So it doesn't matter if he's "over" with the crowd or not? He just has to be in employment as an on-screen talent with WWE in order for you to win? And if he gets released tomorrow, is SR the loser then, or does he have until next year to be re-employed?

By the way, the stakes suck. No one cares about sigs. I propose that the loser must make his own home-made wrestling ring attire copying the style of any well-known WWE/WWF wrestlers IN-RING attire and wear it to an IWW/NLW/AWR/etc. show, all the while continuously chanting for the wrestler he is supposed to be dressed as, and act convinced to the others in the audience that he fully expects that wrestler to be at the show. When the show has ended, he must wait until the majority of the crowd have left. During this time, he will sit with his head down and with a tear in his eye because his favourite wrestler didn't appear. In the unlikely event that a sexual woman should try to comfort him, he must drop the crying act and instead start doing really intensive Hulk Hogan or Ultimate Warrior promos to the female in question.

Now that's worth a year waiting for! :pac:

Good shout, up the stakes. If we are going to be waiting a year the pay off should be worth waiting for.

PS More threads like this please. This is fun

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,478 ✭✭✭Bubs101

By the way, the stakes suck. No one cares about sigs. I propose that the loser must make his own home-made wrestling ring attire copying the style of any well-known WWE/WWF wrestlers IN-RING attire and wear it to an IWW/NLW/AWR/etc. show, all the while continuously chanting for the wrestler he is supposed to be dressed as, and act convinced to the others in the audience that he fully expects that wrestler to be at the show. When the show has ended, he must wait until the majority of the crowd have left. During this time, he will sit with his head down and with a tear in his eye because his favourite wrestler didn't appear. In the unlikely event that a sexual woman should try to comfort him, he must drop the crying act and instead start doing really intensive Hulk Hogan or Ultimate Warrior promos to the female in question.

KKV is right, the stakes need to be raised. If your sticking with sigs how about one dedicated to the team of Heidenreich and Snitsky framed by Warrior's hands reaching for a higher power

I propose that some people should cop the f*ck on. :D

Bubs101 wrote: »
    KKV is right, the stakes need to be raised. If your sticking with sigs how about one dedicated to the team of Heidenreich and Snitsky framed by Warrior's hands reaching for a higher power

Don't encourage him, seriously!

Damn right! Up the stakes! \o/

• Advertisement

Sorry, but i wasn't a moderator at the time to give him a "Get well soon Evan" thread :P

If you have an issue with my moderating please feel free to start a help desk thread

:pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,917 ✭✭✭RebelRockChick

Not a bad idea KKV....Shawn to have to wear, his favourite, Undertaker attire? :pac:

KKV, just because you love dressing up as your favourite wrestler, doesn't mean you should try to force your fetishes on the rest of us. Some of us deal with our obsessions in different ways, y'know! ;)

Everyone else encouraging him can also take note, that includes you too orestes. Didn't you dress up in a french maids costume once with your ginger locks in pigtails? I'm pretty sure the photos are still around somewhere! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,600 ✭✭✭✭CMpunked

A sig change is what's at stake?

Thats not worth a years waiting around TBH..

C-B-G wrote: »
    A sig change is what's at stake?

Thats not worth a years waiting around TBH..

No, but you'll all still do it just to see me lose a bet, let's be honest here. Especially those who weren't around for the "It's Edge, I swear, it has to be" saga. :P

Everyone else encouraging him can also take note, that includes you too orestes. Didn't you dress up in a french maids costume once with your ginger locks in pigtails? I'm pretty sure the photos are still around somewhere! :D

It was a Geisha outfit actually, and I sang in front of over 100 boardsies dressed like that at the biggest beers of the year, on a bet, so is this really a line of arguement you want to persue? :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,767 ✭✭✭Minto

Ah come now Shawn, I sent you a pic of the perfect idea for a costume earlier! That Kane costume would be perfect for ya! Or as RRC said get yourself a leotard, a black wig and sum of your fiancée's mascara and then you and KKV could be the brothers of destruction! Ha ha!

It was a Geisha outfit actually, and I sang in front of over 100 boardsies dressed like that at the biggest beers of the year, on a bet, so is this really a line of arguement you want to persue? :P

I don't give a rats! Your raspy voice and hairy legs aint an example to be set for your successor, pal! :D

Minto wrote: »
    Ah come now Shawn, I sent you a pic of the perfect idea for a costume earlier! That Kane costume would be perfect for ya! Or as RRC said get yourself a leotard, a black wig and sum of your fiancée's mascara and then you and KKV could be the brothers of destruction! Ha ha!

Is this because i sent you packing for a week after last years challenge, Minto? :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 741 ✭✭✭pingu_girl

A sticky and a years wait for a one week signature change/ another week ban for flahavaj? Who's supposed to gives a crap?

Up the stakes or GTFO :D

pingu_girl wrote: »
    A sticky and a years wait for a one week signature change/ another week ban for flahavaj? Who's supposed to gives a crap?

Up the stakes or GTFO :D

You obviously do, otherwise you wouldn't have even bothered checking the thread in the first place. :P

Guys, the stakes stay the same and that's final, it's agreed on by myself and flava haj! Live with it, or don't, but don't go crying about it already!

It's supposed to be a laugh, but if it starts getting stupid, it'll be pulled in a shot.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 741 ✭✭✭pingu_girl

You obviously do, otherwise you wouldn't have even bothered checking the thread in the first place. :P

To be fair I was expecting more from a sticky thread called the bet 2009

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,284 ✭✭✭Gerard.C

Will this be a sticky for the year and why are the poll resluts private?

Gerard.C wrote: »
    Will this be a sticky for the year and why are the poll resluts private?

Intended to be stickied for the year, and the results will be shown when the year is up, it's set like that for mystique reasons.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,284 ✭✭✭Gerard.C

Intended to be stickied for the year, and the results will be shown when the year is up, it's set like that for mystique reasons.

It's kind of an irrelevant sticky though, it's just a bit of fun, as you said. This just waters down the importance of the stickys, due to what is essentially a joke between two people which didn't even take place on boards. I doubt the mystique will last the year, quite frankly...

Personally, I think Mr. Woo WOO Woo will continue to be jobbed on ECW, perhaps have a a fued with the other Major brother, and swiftly be on impact before the end of the year...

Gerard.C wrote: »
    It's kind of an irrelevant sticky though, it's just a bit of fun, as you said. This just waters down the importance of the stickys, due to what is essentially a joke between two people which didn't even take place on boards. I doubt the mystique will last the year, quite frankly...

Well when posts like that sap all the fun out of it then yeah, you're right!
    Forgive me for trying to brighten up the place a bit. :rolleyes:

lock.gif

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement