Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Racing number - Seatpost Bracket/Clamp/Mount/Holdersetc ?!?!

• 17-05-2009 5:46pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,702 ✭✭✭

Hi there, I saw a few guys with these fancy holders for their racing numbers that you get to put on your bike for the longer 3 day events. Usually, you just cable tie them onto the the saddle or somewhere on the frame but these guys had a little thing that fitted perfectly onto the saddle and a screw that went through the little holes on the number and it was mounted very cleanly and securely (no messing about, or scratching the frame). It looks like something you could mount like a rear light or reflector onto the seat post, I'm not sure but all I know is that I want one and where can I get one! ;)

I tried a Google search to no avail. This guy know what I am talking about but leads me no further on where I can get one! This is something like I am talking about, but not exactly. It still requires a cable tie and chances are the race number won't fit like this on my frame. This is another picture of the kind of race numbers I am talking about, and the holes provided!

So, any tips ideas or advice on where I can get one (or basically a picture of what they really are!) would be great. Thanks very much in advance, I genuinely really appreciate it. Cheers! :)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,059 ✭✭✭victorcarrera

I don't know where or if you can get a specific clamp for number plate. But i've seen them attached to the seat post clamp. Alternatively you could use another seatpost clamp or the bracket from one of those seat post lights and pad it out with washers if required.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,138 ✭✭✭✭Lumen

This is what you want:

Scott_Nydam_BMC_Pro_Machine_SLC01_integrated_skeleton.jpg

The bike is Scott Nydam's BMC SLC01 Pro Machine from 2007.

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,269 Mod ✭✭✭✭Chips Lovell

With the BMC's double seat post clamp, why didn't they just stick the number in that?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,138 ✭✭✭✭Lumen

el tonto wrote: »
    With the BMC's double seat post clamp, why didn't they just stick the number in that?

Presumably because the carbon thingy would be in the wrong orientation.

Personally, I'm appalled at the juxtaposition of unidirectional and woven CF. Have these people no sense of aesthetics?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,702 ✭✭✭Home:Ballyhoura

Lumen wrote: »
    This is what you want:

Scott_Nydam_BMC_Pro_Machine_SLC01_integrated_skeleton.jpg

The bike is Scott Nydam's BMC SLC01 Pro Machine from 2007.

Yes, very similar! That's is a lot nicer than the DIY one I made using an old reflector clamp for the seatpost (you haven't ever seen anything of this kind on sale anywhere have ye, I just think it is a really nice touch!)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,558 ✭✭✭The tax man

HaedoTDG10.jpg

Same idea here,just a neat little twist of a flat piece of metal.

dsc00690.jpg

Looks like most are knocked together by team mechanics.

Advertisement