Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

wakeboarding

Options
  • 24-11-2008 10:04pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2

anyone have any interest in wakeboarding? or even starting? have a look at wakeireland.com and you can find out about how to start or where to go, the sport is growing really quickly:)
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,584 ✭✭✭c - 13

Did it once before (In the depths of winter) and loved it.

Its still a very tough sport to find places that supply the equipment and lessons if you don't have your own gear.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 WakeIreland.com

where did you do it?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,584 ✭✭✭c - 13

Watermark Wakeboarding in Portumna

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭OgreSwamp

Yep, I'm interested in. But I didn't find any wakeboard rental (or speedboat with driver). I could buy wakeboard, but I don't want to buy a speedboat :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,520 ✭✭✭paddylonglegs

bit of an old thread to bring up but for those looking to wakeboard by renting board,boat and driver, IASC in Moynalvey,Co Meath do it.Eamonn Prunty is the guy that runs the place. This has been discussed on here before so should be some older threads on it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭OgreSwamp

Thank you, man! It's really usefull information! Btw, do U know price for 1 min?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,520 ✭✭✭paddylonglegs

OgreSwamp wrote: »
    Thank you, man! It's really usefull information! Btw, do U know price for 1 min?

Not sure I understand.I think an individual session is about 45 euro and a membership for the year is 350,not quite sure

googled them just now. http://www.wakeboardingwaterskiing.com/

• Registered Users Posts: 245 ✭✭otwb

Dunno where you are going with the per minute rate but last year it was €60/session for non members in portumna, they do deals for members and they have an all-you-can-ski/board rate as well.

The session lasts about 15 mins (? never actually counted), but this is flexible in that they tend to leave it on a good note - i.e. if it takes a couple of minutes extra for you to get a move then they are relaxed about it...

http://www.irishwaterski.com

• Registered Users Posts: 18 downey

i do it in barry galvins club in cork (www.waterskiireland.com)! just back from cwc in the philippines (www.cwcwake.com) about a week now. hope to get out over the weekend but it will be alot colder than cwc. its a great sport but can be expensive when riding boat. Last year it was €500 membership then €15 for 15mins. Hope it doesnt go up!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 302 ✭✭Grimlock

Downey what is cwc like?
    Do a week of 2 solid riding behind a cable boost your riding much?
    Are you pulling raley's or anything yet? Obvious trick I know but they seem to be the stock cable trick.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Jacinta C

For those guys who were looking somewhere to board there's also Lough Muckno in Castleblayney, Co. Monaghan. Only an hour from Dublin. Have boats and gear that you can use, including wetsuits, vests, boards, skis etc. but you can bring your ow if you have it.

Full time driver from May to October who drives six days a week. Closed Wednesdays but sometimes members are around to drive in the evening if the weathers ok so call to check first.

Runs (10 mins) cost €35/€40 for non members and are around €15 for members but depends on time of day (cheaper before 6pm Monday- Friday). Memberships are €400 for adult members, €200 for students and either €100/150 for kids, not totally sure (kids aged 16 & under).

Also have a banana boat which can be great craic if there's a group of you.

Check out:
    www.skimuckno.com

info@skimuckno.com

or call 087 7402806 (or 00353 877402806 from the North/UK)

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭bada-bing

i just googled that wakeireland and a load of crap came up... nothing about wakeboarding at all! anyone know of anywhere in the west you can do it? i went once or twice on the lake in athlone but the lad who used to do it isnt about anymore..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 302 ✭✭Grimlock

I think The club in ortumna might be the closest to you, check them out at: http://www.irishwaterski.com/

But this weekend Lough Muckno waterski and Wakeboard club, check them at www.skimuckno.com, are holding an open day on Sunday, non members only and it's €10 for a run wakebooarding or skiing. Great chance for people who have never done it before to try for cheap.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 ytinkle

otwb wrote: »
    Dunno where you are going with the per minute rate but last year it was €60/session for non members in portumna, they do deals for members and they have an all-you-can-ski/board rate as well.

The session lasts about 15 mins (? never actually counted), but this is flexible in that they tend to leave it on a good note - i.e. if it takes a couple of minutes extra for you to get a move then they are relaxed about it...

http://www.irishwaterski.com

Hi dudes and dudettes!
    New rates for Watermark Ski and Wakeboard Club are on their site www.irishwaterski.com. There are discounts for 'bulk' buying sets which are actually 20 min long minimum!! No own gear required either- all up to date (good) gear supplied.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Lmk_PC

Limerick Wake and Ski in Castleconnell do Beginners Courses for €50. They are currently running a discount offer for beginners. Have a look here
    http://www.txt2claim.com/coupon/limerick-wake-and-ski/wakeboarding-first-time-beginner-course-discount

• Registered Users Posts: 776 ✭✭✭ctlsleh

Anybody know if they are still in business and if not, is there anywhere in limerick/ clare area to learn to wakeboard?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 2,638 Mod ✭✭✭✭TrueDub

Please don't dredge up old threads, particularly to post the same message as another more recent thread!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement