Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

personal sport insurance

Options
  • 22-04-2009 10:11am
    Registered Users Posts: 4,045 ✭✭✭

Hello folks

Im head abroad to centrel america to take part in a motorsport event. And im thinking of getting insurance to cover medical bills and the like..

I have health insuranse with hibernain and that will cover me but not the sport side id say? any one know if they will?

Any one know a insurance broker who would look for insurance for sport players?

Cheers

Comments

• Administrators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,910 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Toots

You could give Hibernian a call and see will they cover you for the motor sport. If not, you'll probably need to get travel insurance that has extreme/adventure sport cover. Some travel policies will cover this for an additional fee. Your travel agent should be able to provide you with details of insurance providers :)

• Registered Users Posts: 750 ✭✭✭broker2008

I am just back from a 3 week trip abroad and required cover for white water rafting, (some exclusions) and wakeskating and paid under €50. I got the cover at www.worldnomads.com.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,191 ✭✭✭narwog81

sportscoverdirect.com

they have different levels of cover depending on your sport, mine is skydiving so needless to say i pay full whack!:D

very good in my experience(4+ years).

Advertisement