Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Premier Golf Santry

Options
  • 20-04-2009 2:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 167 ✭✭

Pulled up there friday evening to get some gloves etc and and there was a notice on the door " Closed until further notice " Another golf shop gone to the wall I assume? Anybody hear about it I wonder ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 876 ✭✭✭DonkeyPokerTour

Jeffm587 wrote: »
    Pulled up there friday evening to get some gloves etc and and there was a notice on the door " Closed until further notice " Another golf shop gone to the wall I assume? Anybody hear about it I wonder ?

Went to the wall a while back, as did all the other stores Kilcoole, Red Cow etc. No surprise to me really, was in the Kilcoole one just before Christmas and they had very very little stock.

There was another thread about the Red Cow one up a while back, apparently they will be selling off what ever stock they have left at Santry at some stage or other.

• Registered Users Posts: 167 ✭✭Jeffm587

Cheers for that, yeah I was wondering if there is a liquidators sale on the cards. Only shops now on the Northside are McGurks x 2 and the place in Swords retail park unless somebody knows of any more??

• Registered Users Posts: 178 ✭✭deko43

Jeffm587 wrote: »
    Cheers for that, yeah I was wondering if there is a liquidators sale on the cards. Only shops now on the Northside are McGurks x 2 and the place in Swords retail park unless somebody knows of any more??

The guy in Phibsboro is still going along. Drove by the other day and he was open. The shop is a bit of an Aladdins cave but I used to get society
    prizes there a few years back and got some very good deals.
    Think the guy who runs it learnt the ropes from McGuirk himself.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,335 ✭✭✭conno16

sounds like theres a gap in the market or is everyone just buying their stuff on the internet now?

• Registered Users Posts: 167 ✭✭Jeffm587

Forgot about Phibsboro, thats a little beauty of a shop, great for a rummage around you never know what you would find

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭Anto12

The premier golf store is gone in Newbridge as well - wouldnt mind but I still had a voucher for €100 .. The guy in the store told me that he was getting new stock in this month - went over last weekend & the place was all closed up !!:mad::mad: .. If there is a liquidation sale on in Santry can somebody post the dates here ... please ..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,492 ✭✭✭neckedit

Anto12 wrote: »
    The premier golf store is gone in Newbridge as well - wouldnt mind but I still had a voucher for €100 .. The guy in the store told me that he was getting new stock in this month - went over last weekend & the place was all closed up !!:mad::mad: .. If there is a liquidation sale on in Santry can somebody post the dates here ... please ..

The newbridge branch closed about 5-6 weeks ago, and as for a liquidation sale, I believe there was very little left when they closed the doors. not to sure if Vouchers are taken in a Liquidation sale.:p

There was very little in hte newbridge store since christmas as I went to but a few gloves & they only had right hand ones .. Ah well .. I got talking to a guy on the phone in the Santry store & he reckoned that my vouchers could be used .. Will have to wait and see ..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 misguided

I was in the shop in Santry on Saturday. The sign was up but the door was open. Got a great deal on some clubs and other bits and bobs. The guy told me that all 3 shops had been liquidated and that there will be a liquidation sale with stock from all 3 shops in the Santry shop in the next few weeks.
    Will let you know if I hear a date for the sale.

Cheers chief - Do ye know if it is open this weekend ?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13 misguided

Drove past the golf shop last night to see if there was any sign on the door about a sale - but there wasn't. So don't know what the story is.:(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,053 ✭✭✭Adiaga 2

Saw an ad today for the "Liquidation" Sale at the Gullivers Retail park Santry branch. Starting today, open 9am to 6pm.

Typical I'm on the train this week so won't get check it out. Happy bargain hunting!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,361 ✭✭✭f22

Adiaga 2 wrote: »
    Saw an ad today for the "Liquidation" Sale at the Gullivers Retail park Santry branch. Starting today, open 9am to 6pm.

Typical I'm on the train this week so won't get check it out. Happy bargain hunting!!

Dropped in, what a pile of ****e to be honest.

Cash only, all left handed regular clubs. 70% off but I left with nothing!

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭tigerwoods

Called in around 2 o'clock today,what aload of rubbish not a ball,bag ,club or regular golf shoe left,all the clothes are greg norman cast offs ,I would say the staff got first pick and the liquidator the rest,you cant beat TK MAXX

• Registered Users Posts: 1,492 ✭✭✭neckedit

tigerwoods wrote: »
    Called in around 2 o'clock today,what aload of rubbish not a ball,bag ,club or regular golf shoe left,all the clothes are greg norman cast offs ,I would say the staff got first pick and the liquidator the rest,you cant beat TK MAXX

The staff got nothing outta that company, that I can assure you off, some of them are still waiting to get paid, 5-6 weeks after they closed! and the reason its all rubbish is cause its a liquidation sale! they couldn't buy any new stock for almost a year, hence no stock to sell, leads to liquidation!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,225 ✭✭✭JCDUB

In fairness there's loads if you're a lefty.

I'm not but still managed to pick up a 56deg Mizuno MPT wedge with a nice copper/oil can finish for €40, reduced from €140.
    Also got a gorgeous pair of puma gore-tex shoes for €80, they were on a shelf that said "not in sale, ask for price" but are worth over the €150 mark anyhow.
    I got a 10.5 and there was a 10 and 11 left at 5pm yest.
    Nothin else as regards gloves or anything though, ALL left-handed.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,361 ✭✭✭f22

JCDUB wrote: »
    In fairness there's loads if you're a lefty.

I'm not but still managed to pick up a 56deg Mizuno MPT wedge with a nice copper/oil can finish for €40, reduced from €140.
    Also got a gorgeous pair of puma gore-tex shoes for €80, they were on a shelf that said "not in sale, ask for price" but are worth over the €150 mark anyhow.
    I got a 10.5 and there was a 10 and 11 left at 5pm yest.
    Nothin else as regards gloves or anything though, ALL left-handed.

Saw the shoes John, they were well tasty. Just got a brand new replacement pair of Copenhagens so had no need for a third pair of shoes.

• Registered Users Posts: 544 ✭✭✭Squeaksoutloud

Is this sale still on or over?? I'm a left looking for some new woods..

• Registered Users Posts: 405 ✭✭karlyk1

No, it's over and out I'm afraid. It would have suited you being a lefty and all. I was up there on Friday last and they had bugger all left for right handers. If you were a left-handed lady golfer (with small hands) you would have been in your element! Maybe go to a good pro shop at a golf club - better service by far, but don't be afraid to haggle. Use the recession to your advantage!

Advertisement