Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fr Michael Hassett

Options
  • 20-04-2009 10:20am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,980 ✭✭✭

Was very sorry to hear of the passing of Fr. Hassett, very good man - continued to do a lot of good work for the community in Balbriggan despite moving to Palmerstown Parish a few years ago. He'll be missed around O'Dwyers!

Arriving in Palmerstown church at 5.30pm today
    Funeral mass tomorrow morning.

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,108 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

Was he a tall, thin man - only in his 50's? If so I think he served in River Valley briefly years ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,168 ✭✭✭Frank Spencer

RIP

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 2,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭Morpheus

He was a huge, fantastic presence in and around O'Dwyers and a top priest to boot, he will be well remembered by all in Balbriggan and sadly, sadly missed. RIP father.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,980 ✭✭✭minikin

frHassteetsm.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,606 ✭✭✭sgarvan

As an O'Dwyers man, I was shocked when I heard this news on Friday. He will be really missed in the club

Ar dheis Dé go raibh a anam

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,108 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

Thanks minikin, that's not the Fr. Hassett we had but he sounds like a really nice priest who will be missed.

RIP

• Closed Accounts Posts: 439 ✭✭Emerald Lass

he also served in the Prescious Blood Parish in Cabra for a few years.

RIP

Advertisement