Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

National broadband (www.nbb.ie)

Options
  • 27-03-2008 2:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭

I am currently bringing a small claims court against Cross Country Broadband Limited as they owe me nearly €500 and to date have not repaid me. I paid for an installation and one month in advance by credit card in January 2007. They also took another 7 months from my credit card last August. I had still received no installation as on two occassions, they were unable to receive a signal. I have been trying since last September to obtain a refund. Cross Country Broadband Limited is now strike off listed per the Companies Office and they are directing their business to National Broadband Limited per the Cross Country Broadband website. One of the directors of Cross Country Broadband Limited is also a director of National Broadband Limited and another director of Cross Country Broadband Limited is "involved" with National Broadband Limited as I have spoken to him there, although he is not a director per company office records. I would strongly advise anyone to have nothing to do with either company due to my experience with Cross Country Broadband Limited.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 pattheman

i was lookin for broadband in the Clane area and was considering national broadband but after seeing this, i'll be keepin well away from them

• Closed Accounts Posts: 460 ✭✭milkerman

pattheman wrote: »
    i was lookin for broadband in the Clane area and was considering national broadband but after seeing this, i'll be keepin well away from them

Ditto

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 deirdre2008

robbie, did you not try the consumer association as they are always on the radio advertising their services?

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭robbie checker

Deirdre, I spoke with them and they put me on to Comreg. They shouldn't have bothered. I must have rang them 20 times and I got the same answer that Cross Country Broadband had not returned their calls/correspondance and that they would escalate the case. No results to date and I got fed up ringing them so I decided to bring the small claims court case.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 deirdre2008

robbie, thats too bad, I hope you get your money back through your small claims court case as they sound like a real shower of w
    !!!

• Advertisement

Thanks Deirdre

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30 hobsonschoice

Well done for bring this to everyones attention,
    I too was looking for an alternative provider and after reading this i will also be shunning both companies.

Hopefully enough people will stay away from them that they will lose many times over what they got from you.

(By the way, for rural broadband tip on getting a better signal over the 02 dongle. Run a USB extension lead and hang the dongle directly in the middle of your sky dish. gauranteed to boost the signal significantly.!!
    see my other thread on Broadband in Laban)

I tried O2 but internet speed was no better than dial up. We don't have a sattelite dish so this would not work for us.

Just to let everyone know that I have been refunded in full for the total amount owed to me from Cross Country Broadband.

Thanks to everyone for their support.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 bibindum

just wondered how you resolved it in the end as i have been waiting for a few months for deposit to be returned and keep getting ignored??!!:(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,417 ✭✭✭✭watty

Look at date. He may not be back to answer. A year ago

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement