Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

How do you change the headlights on an Opel Astra?

Options
  • 24-03-2009 3:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,897 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

Does anyone have a link or instructions on how to change the headlight bulbs on an Opel Astra (98)? Apparently it's quite easy so any help would be much appreciated!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,684 ✭✭✭david

Pop the bonnet and pull the bulbholder out of the casing, unscrew bulb, install fresh one? It should be in your owner's manual.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,938 ✭✭✭deadwood

Do they really want to change? Only they have the power to do so.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,897 ✭✭✭Kimia

haha very good.

I don't have the owner's manual. Does anyone have a link?

• Registered Users Posts: 856 ✭✭✭firefly08

I doubt you'll find a link for this online, because it's so simple it's not really worth the effort!

There are 2 different '98 models; Mk 3 (or "F") and Mk4 (or "G"). I have a Mk 4 but I presume it's pretty much the same on both...

Open the bonnet, look at the back of the headlight unit - you'll see 3 wires going into the 3 bulb holders - one each for parking light, dipped and full beam.

They all come out by simply twisting the holder and then just drawing it out. Then you pull out or unscrew the bulb, replace it, and do the opposite of what you did to get the holder out. Getting it back into place can be a little tricker that getting it out, but just fiddle around with it till it goes back in - and remember to twist it so that it locks in place.

For general DIY guides on Astras , try this link:

http://www.astraownersclub.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96753

• Registered Users Posts: 2,897 ✭✭✭Kimia

Thanks a mill!

I know - when I do it it'll turn out to be so easy I'll be embarrassed I asked!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 556 ✭✭✭atlantean

The hardest part is getting your hands (if you have large hands) in to unclip the bulbs!

A take it you know not to touch the glass on the new bulbs ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 173 ✭✭SAABMAN

You can put them in from the front if you have a hammer:D

Advertisement