Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ardattin 200, Sunday April 5th

Options
  • 25-03-2009 1:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,352 ✭✭✭

Anyone else doing this? First Audax Ireland event of the year, and apparently quite a flat route - start at Bray Wheelers clubhouse at 8am, then down the coast road to Wicklow before heading inland towards Avoca to Carnew and Clonegal and back in through Shillelagh, Aughrim and Rathdrum. All for the princely sum of €5, although I'm not if that gets you anything more than a the routesheet and your brevet card.

Audax Ireland

I'll definitely be doing this one.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 562 ✭✭✭barrabus

I am interested..

• Registered Users Posts: 15,989 ✭✭✭✭blorg

Sounds good, I imagine emty will be up for it also.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,001 ✭✭✭scottreynolds

+1 -- I'll have to check with the powers that be to see if this works though.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,860 ✭✭✭TinyExplosions

blorg wrote: »
    Sounds good, I imagine emty will be up for it also.

Dunno how he'd feel about an 8am start from Bray -that's pre-croissant time :)

I am not that keen on the 8am from Bray myself but will put in the effort... Might try to blag a lift off him if he drives :) Are you going to take part Tiny? On your new bike?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Politics Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,268 Mod ✭✭✭✭Chips Lovell

It's 200km, no? If so, 8am is probably a reasonable start time. Moot point for me, as I'll be in Spain.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,504 ✭✭✭✭DirkVoodoo

I am also away, otherwise I would be in.

blorg wrote: »
    I am not that keen on the 8am from Bray myself but will put in the effort... Might try to blag a lift off him if he drives :) Are you going to take part Tiny? On your new bike?

If I have it, and we can get a lift down I may well be up for it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 385 ✭✭emty

Dunno how he'd feel about an 8am start from Bray -that's pre-croissant time :)
    The trick with these gigs is to get your croissant's the day before :)

Anyone got a route map?

Ive heard it is flat but I am suspicious of a flat 200 in Wicklow.
    Dont mind one way or the other I just want to know how many whettabix to eat.

I am going to drive out Blorg has one spot in the car. Tiny if you have a or can get a rack i'll give a lift.

• Advertisement

barrabus wrote: »
    Anyone got a route map?

Ive heard it is flat but I am suspicious of a flat 200 in Wicklow.
    Dont mind one way or the other I just want to know how many whettabix to eat.

I am going to drive out Blorg has one spot in the car. Tiny if you have a or can get a rack i'll give a lift.

Sounds good, anyone got a rack we can borrow?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,352 ✭✭✭rottenhat

I have the cue sheet but it's a bit lengthy to post here - PM me your email address and I'll forward it.

And I will also be driving and have room for one person plus bike should anyone be looking for a lift.

@rottenhat- do you think you could plot it in Google Maps? I have the route sheet in my email, might try myself but that side of Wicklow is not my speciality.

Once you get past Avoca it's all bandit country to me. I had a look at it on an old-fashioned paper map before but I was only able to get a very general idea of where it goes after that.

Just want to mention this event again, a very suitable introduction to long-distance cycling.Flat,no climbs to speak of and fairly quiet roads(apart from the last 20k on the N11).
    I'm sure that a few of us from here will be sticking together so you won't be left behind :)

Are you lads thinking of taking Paul up on the soup, sandwiches and tea for €6 at the Ardattin Inn? I'm inclined to myself but wouldn't want to hold up the group unnecessarily.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,667 Mod ✭✭✭✭RobFowl

http://sorrentocyclingclub.com/site/audax/adrattin-200k-audax-2009/

Good luck to ye, I might ride the Balbriggan race that day instead though.

http://www.balbriggancc.ie/default.htm

I am so very out of tomorrow's cycle.
    I am so very in to the 200 on Sunday . Blorg txt me to arrange pick up tomorrow.
    @Tiny let me know your situation and I'll make a few calls wrt a bike rack if ya need a lift.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 230 ✭✭Cadex

I'm in. Was talking to Empty last weekend and he persuaded me to go for it. Looks like the weather (if forecast to be believed) is favourable too. For what its worth, will be coming over from De North Side and could be persuaded to give lift if needed?

• Advertisement

Great day,Team Boards put in an impressive display!!:)
    Will post some photo's later.

Sterling work all round from Emty, Barrabus and Cadex...it became apparent why Barrabus was driving the pace so hard at the front when he shagged off immediately after the ride to catch the end of the match.

And before I forget, a big shout out to Paul O'Donoghue and Rose Leith for organising the whole thing - a great route, great support at every control, and great value. If I had only a fiver's worth of food out of the back of the car, they were doing very well indeed.

Right, time to throw Exiles On Main Street on the stereo and enjoy the first of many, many hard-earned beers.

Another very well event from Sorrento/Audax Ireland.Thanks to Paul,Rose and John for all their hard work.A real nice bunch of guys took part(apart from one annoying guy in a Swords CC outfit-seemed to think there was a prize for best-dressed :D).Everybody was very friendly and helpfull and just about everyone took their turn at the front.I have never travelled so far in such a large group and it really does make a difference.Have never finished a 200 in such good shape.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 230 ✭✭Cadex

Hey - great day today (dsespite rain, punctures etc.) due to a really well organised event, thanks to Paul and Rose - great job. Big thanks to the lads that waited (and helped) with the puncture especially Empty (which is how I felt at the end!), Barrabus and Andreas. This turned out to be longest event ever for me with 206k on my clock. Sorry about the brand-new and up to now unused Swords CC kit but I reckoned it should get out sometime!
    Thanks lads.

Advertisement