Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What's your favourite ship class

Options
  • 09-03-2009 2:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 24,473 ✭✭✭✭

As per title, but to make it a bit more interesting we'll exclude the Enterprise (in it's various guises) to make people think a bit more:) Obviously the Ent-B fall under excelsior class so as a workaround you can always pick that.

My top 3 would be the Reliant version Miranda, Akira and Nova. I'm definitly more of a fan of Starfleet ships than other species.

They are all built as fairly compact ships and look like they fit together better than some of the others. The Miranda also comes accross as probably the most favoured and reliable ship in Starfleet as it has outlived all other classes. From Kirk's era right through to the Dominion Wars, they appear quite often.

Akira's just come accross as bad ass built for one thing. The very low profile and 'empty' rear structure make them look like Starfleet had a bigger ship and just went: 'labs! Ba'h, out with that bit, won't be needing it. slim it down to a warp engine and phasers':D

If I could be captain of any ship it would be a Nova, small, tight knit family of 80, aimed at science, waverider:)

What about ye?

/nerd

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,175 ✭✭✭chamlis

I know we can't pick Enterprises, but it'd have to be an Ambassador Class (Enterprise C).

Otherwise, you got your Defiant, Prometheus and I wouldn't mind bombing around in an Intrepid.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,976 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

Klingon_Vorcha.jpg

Klingon Vor'cha Class Attack Cruiser or the Maquis Raider.

• Registered Users Posts: 504 ✭✭✭Svalbard

I quite liked the Oberth class. Now, if i were to be a Starfleet officer and had to choose a ship, it wouldn't be the Oberth as its small and weedy. But it is quite aesthetically pleasing and rather inventive. It appeared first in Star Trek II: The Wrath of Khan (USS Grissom) and it was quite a departure from earlier styles. I like its long secondary hull and swept back warp engines. The saucer is only ok.

20070914.jpg

I also like the Excelsior, NX, Intrepid and Soverign class. Also the Nebula, Galaxy, Ambassador and Miranda.
    I'm not a huge fan of the later models - Prometheus, Defiant, Nova etc but I do like the Akira.

I'm not a huge fan of alien ships, but I love the Romulan Warbird. So graceful, different and kick-ass. Other Romulan ships suck.

romulan-warbird.png

The only klingon ships I like are the old battlecruisers from the movies. Not a fan of BOP, Vor'cha or Negh'var.

d72.jpg

I like Cardassian Galor class ships too.

Galor3.jpg

Son'a ships are cool too.

I think there is an old thread very like this. Merge perhaps?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,905 ✭✭✭User45701

I like the breen ships, also a big fan of the old style D7 klingon battle crusier.
    another fav of mine would have to be the steamrunner - its not one of my top 5 but she looks great and its always the 1st ship i mod when a new star trek game comes out

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,642 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

Defiant, Akira and really have a soft spot for the Steamrunner Class due to playing the Star Trek Armada game.

Romulan D-Deridex Warbird and the old D7 Klingon battlecruiser.

Breen ships and the Really massive Dominion warships.

There aren't too many ships I don't like :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,133 ✭✭✭Slice

Er, borg cube, hello?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,576 ✭✭✭Mal-Adjusted

gotta love the federation ships. basically a flying saucer attached to engines. faves are the Nova class, Steamrunner, Akira and Excelcior classes

• Registered Users Posts: 3,576 ✭✭✭Mal-Adjusted

ALso,I was always a fan of the Intrepid type from Enterprise.

Advertisement