Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sasha gift card

Options
  • 03-03-2009 12:39am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,137 ✭✭✭

I have a gift card for Sasha - finally got around to going to my nearest one today and *whoops* - hadn't realised they had shut up shop...:eek:

Do I have any come back - or is this gift card now useless??

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

toilet paper , you may get 10c in the € from the liquidator though !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,082 ✭✭✭✭Random

Sponge Bob wrote: »
    toilet paper , you may get 10c in the € from the liquidator though !
    Using a gift card as toilet paper? Holy pain in the arse Batman!

I guess you could use it to scrape it all off?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,137 ✭✭✭artyeva

whatever...

anyone ACTUAL advice? :(

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,470 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

artyeva wrote: »
    whatever...

anyone ACTUAL advice? :(

That was the advice, the card is next to useless, the most you'll likely see is about 10c if your lucky.

They are not being smart, they are just being realistic :)

Might as well throw the card in your green bin

• Registered Users Posts: 2,808 ✭✭✭Ste.phen

So who're the liquidators? I've seen mentioned here before that you basically write to the liquidator and ask for your few quid back and you get a (usually small) proportion of that back/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,514 ✭✭✭Sleipnir

Correct. Find out who the liquidator is and contact them. You're basically a creditor and so have to join the queue with all the other people who Sasha owe money to.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36 IrishBusiness

OP - different administrators handle the whole gift voucher situation differently. if another company is looking to buy on the one in receivership, then it is in their interests to try and honour gift vouchers, as they want to retain as many customers as possible. im not sure what the situation is with Sasha specifically, may be worth trying to contact? maybe someone like citizens information may be able to point you in the right direction.

as others have said though, to them you are just another creditor, and its the administrators job to try and pay as mant creditors as possible. I would prepare for the worst.

best of luck OP, what a bummer!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

Administration and Examinership and Liquidation are all somewhat different in how they play out as is a Section 201 procedure .....which is still with us you know :)

But the OP obviously just wants clothes so I won't bore her with the nuances

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

Sasha is in liquidation, and the liquidator is David Carson of Deloitte.

As an unsecured creditor you're part of a group of people who are owed nearly 8 million euro, so realistically you'll get nothing at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,137 ✭✭✭artyeva

Sponge Bob wrote: »
    Administration and Examinership and Liquidation are all somewhat different in how they play out as is a Section 201 procedure .....which is still with us you know :)

But the OP obviously just wants clothes so I won't bore her with the nuances

actually i'd just prefer the money back :D - it's a fair bit and even though i'd only get a small portion back i'm willing to try. I was made redundant and am basically stoney, completely, ''if-i-have-to-eat-any-more-noodles-i'm-gonna-puke'' broke.

Even if I only got a tenner back - hey - that's a tenner off the ESB bill :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
Advertisement