Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

20-01-2009, 00:39   #16
Rubberbandits

Location: We do not occupy tangible space, some have argued that we exist in the form of a smell. It can be confirmed that one of us existed in the sound coming from a wasps wings during the summer of 2002.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Liam79 View Post
Tell you what Zuroph,
tell them to stop referring to The Gardai as "Cops" Stop referring to The Taoiseach as "The Boss" and Stop referring to GAA as Gah on their news bulletins and i will down grade the jihad to a faatwah again
I really agree with this. But like Zuroph stated its a marketing thing. I worked with spin briefly, I was going to do comedy on the morning show. I eventually realised that it was impossible to do anything creative or original as a result of all the rules that the radio station has on what it can and cant broadcast, Im talking about some seriously pedantic sh*t. As in, if I was writing a sketch, the fictional characters had to be between 18 and 25 or else the audience which is of that age group "wont get the joke". Essentially what they were looking for was an imitation of the comedy show on spin in Dublin, which just simply inst funny at all. Not all Radio stations are that constrictive though, at the moment Im working with Beat 103 which is basically spin fm for the south east in terms of demographics. I can write whatever I like for them, within reason and they believe in taking risks, so my faith in Irish radio is restored somewhat.
Advertisement
20-01-2009, 03:00   #17
An File
Lording over insects

Send a message via Skype™ to An File
That's good to hear
Will that be available on-line?
20-01-2009, 03:32   #18
billy the squid

Send a message via Yahoo to billy the squid
Spin is made up of mostly former wired fm people, and by god they were anal when it came to rules and regs.
20-01-2009, 04:35   #19
HorseRadish

True,I didnt realise Fianna Fail changed their name to "Cowen and Co"
20-01-2009, 10:58   #20
Rubberbandits

Location: We do not occupy tangible space, some have argued that we exist in the form of a smell. It can be confirmed that one of us existed in the sound coming from a wasps wings during the summer of 2002.
Quote:
Originally Posted by An File View Post
That's good to hear
Will that be available on-line?
Unfortunately I cant post any of them for contractual reasons and Im not sure if beat fm have any intention of podcasting them. Its a shame, I did about 5 pranks for them recently and they are proving to be my most popular yet with anyone I have shown them to. As regards the squids comment above, yes there is a wired connection in Spin. One Person In particular who moved from wired was very, very creatively stifling.
Advertisement
20-01-2009, 11:15   #21
Liam79
Banned

i did a slot on Wired for 30 mins once a week back in 98 when I was in LIT
Was allowed to say whatever i wanted
20-01-2009, 19:04   #22
An File
Lording over insects

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liam79 View Post
i did a slot on Wired for 30 mins once a week back in 98 when I was in LIT
Was allowed to say whatever i wanted
Much has changed in those 10 years!
I've been doing a show for the past year. Unfortunately I'll have to give it up (other commitments) but the rules and regulations are extremely strict.

Everybody is terrified of libel cases, so one must choose every word carefully.
20-01-2009, 19:50   #23
Firefox10

Quote:
Originally Posted by An File View Post
Much has changed in those 10 years!
I've been doing a show for the past year. Unfortunately I'll have to give it up (other commitments) but the rules and regulations are extremely strict.

Everybody is terrified of libel cases, so one must choose every word carefully.
Yet, they are quite happy to use slang in their news section...how odd. I dont know. I just think there is something very unprofessional about that irrrespective of who their target audiance is. Is their website written in text speak too?
20-01-2009, 23:34   #24
An File
Lording over insects

Quote:
Originally Posted by Firefox10 View Post
Yet, they are quite happy to use slang in their news section...how odd. I dont know. I just think there is something very unprofessional about that irrrespective of who their target audiance is. Is their website written in text speak too?
Sorry, I think you misunderstood me, I do a show for Wired and not for Spin.
I despise everything about Spin FM, so much so that I even made a thread about it 6 months or so ago.
Advertisement
20-01-2009, 23:57   #25
Mc Love

Worst radio stations for me!

1.Spin - reasons stated on this thread
2.Limerick 95 fm - just tries too hard, plays crap music over and over again, they must have the same playlist!

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion