Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Wii soccer game

• 15-01-2009 12:40pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 25

Anyone recommend the best soccer game for the wii, basically Fifa or pro evo

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,764 ✭✭✭bazwaldo

I think I prefer pro evo but having the right names in Fifa is a bonus. Fifa has a few mini games which aren't too bad. But the All-play feature is sh*te. Takes most of the controls away from the player. Whats the point!

So Pro Evo gets my vote.

• Registered Users Posts: 900 ✭✭✭paulieeye

Cant stand pro evo.

Attacking is quality..exact thru balls, send players off on runs..niiice. Except the shooting...why oh why do I have to shake the damn controller..why??? isn't pressing a button good enought for the wii??? it's not like theres not enough buttons. Did they feel like they had to use all features of the wii even at the expense of the game (although its not that big a deal i suppose, just annoying)

But the second you lose the ball, it all starts to go wrong. For some bizarre reason they decided that you control all ur team at once and not just one player where u can dive in a sledge the guy with the ball. U have to select players to man mark, select players to run towards the attacking player to put em under pressaa.

I think this would of been a way better game if the kept the defence as it was, with added 'make ur players run where u want' functionality. Have the new attacking stuff and thats that.

I play pro evo on my old chunky xbox still instead of this.

Is Fifa the same when it comes to defending?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,335 ✭✭✭death1234567

Pro Evo on the Wii is Epic, waayy better than on the XBOX or PS three

Just wait for Pro Evo 2009 which will be out soon. It addresses the shooting issues and defending probelms that were in the first game.

• Registered Users Posts: 900 ✭✭✭paulieeye

Just wait for Pro Evo 2009

just looked up some stuff on this

"There will also be a brand new AI system that will be extra sophisticated "

LOL...They've being saying this fro every release for the last 5 years

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 282 ✭✭jv2000

Pro Evo has it's faults on the wii but it was still one of the best games I ever played. Multiplayer is fun, online is okay (a little basic) and Champions road will take weeks out of your life, it's just so addictive.

This year I switched over to fifa on the PS3 but I will def be getting the new pro wiivolution :D

• Advertisement

paulieeye wrote: »
    just looked up some stuff on this
    Here's the trailer. Release date is Paddy's day.
    Trailer - LINK

• Registered Users Posts: 1,910 ✭✭✭thusspakeblixa

I have Pro Evo and Fifa
    Pro Evo is miles better on the Wii.
    Except the online play is bollix

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,509 ✭✭✭Shred

Pro Evo ftw, looking forward to the new one in March.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 741 ✭✭✭Chumpski

Honestly, i havn't played Fifa 08 or 09 on the Wii. Judging from the reviews they seem to be okay games. I have played Pro Evo and i think its the best game on the Wii if not one of the best games i've ever played. It does take a bit of getting used to as it is different to traditional soccer games. Rent it, youll know after a weekend if its for you or not.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 DerryABU

Don't buy Fifa,I got this as a present and it sucks ass.
    I had 4 mates around to play it only to discover that you can't play against each other in a tournament only in exhibition matches,what a waste.
    Shoddy graphics and a terrible control system that doesn't let you choose low,high or lobbed passes or shots makes this a must for trade in.:(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,769 ✭✭✭Doodah7

DerryABU wrote: »
    Don't buy Fifa,I got this as a present and it sucks ass.
    I had 4 mates around to play it only to discover that you can't play against each other in a tournament only in exhibition matches,what a waste.
    Shoddy graphics and a terrible control system that doesn't let you choose low,high or lobbed passes or shots makes this a must for trade in.:(

I also have it and it is very shallow. You can't reposition players outside of the preset formations, change their runs etc.

However make sure you play it with a Classic or Gamecube controller as it is next to useless with the wii remote.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,509 ✭✭✭Shred

I thought this was coming out soon but according to this article it's now not out until May14th ffs, and that's just Japan too if this is to believed:mad:

Its listed as "Due for release on 27/03/2009" on play.com. I hope its not delayed too long :(

IGN REVIEW 8.5
    Can't wait....:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 741 ✭✭✭Chumpski

This is Pro Evo 2009 yeah? Can't see that in work.

I was looking at a trailer for it last night. It looks like they addressed all the issues like defending, shooting and playing with a mate on the same team. Also the online looks to be much improved too. I am really looking forward to this!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 81 ✭✭autograph

Pro Evo is the biz.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,681 ✭✭✭Johnny_the_fox

looking forward to PES2009... just wondering how the new online feature will cope... hope its better than fifa 09 - with ever present network connection problems.

Advertisement