Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Argos Northern Ireland, do they deliver down here!!!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,799 ✭✭✭gerrycollins

find some poor sod and borrow their address?

Do you know anyone or does any of your friend know anyone in the north so you could use their address and collect it from there youself?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

Maybe if you were just over the border, they might. But from Belfast to Dublin, not a chance.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,379 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

I was asking about possible delivery loopholes here
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=58040964

In this case if there was a huge difference you could ring a courier company on the border and get a quote, then get argos to deliver to the company, (closest to where you live as possible obviously).

You could get supermarkets to deliver your beer!

Can't think of any legal reason against, this but is there one?

• Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭patpark121

You could also try this crowd. www.d2dfurniture.ie. I used them bout a month back for a few chests of drawers. Pretty much the same lines as argos (i.e. flatpack) you can specify built if you want. Know the warehouse is based in Belfast but it's €15 for delivery anywhere south of the border.
    Had them within 10 days of ordering & they're pretty good at replying to any questions as well. Quality isn't bad either - same as argos stuff.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,380 ✭✭✭derry

you can ask the nothern Ireland Argos
    Probably say no way against the rules but you never know
    Who knows mayby they can close down the southern ireland shops and just trade from the Northern Ireland shops

Really I always found the same Item in the south somewhere else cheaper than Argos so I never had this issue
    I even told thir shop the items with emails and they never changed the prices.I also told UK maplins they were way out of line but whent he economy down turned then they dropped some prices but not Argos

Probably best if Argos packed up and went away good ridance

Derry

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,357 ✭✭✭snappieT

derry wrote: »
    you can ask the nothern Ireland Argos
    Probably say no way against the rules but you never know
    Who knows mayby they can close down the southern ireland shops and just trade from the Northern Ireland shops

Really I always found the same Item in the south somewhere else cheaper than Argos so I never had this issue
    I even told thir shop the items with emails and they never changed the prices.I also told UK maplins they were way out of line but whent he economy down turned then they dropped some prices but not Argos

Probably best if Argos packed up and went away good ridance

Derry
    Or they could just adjust their ROI pricing at the next catalogue launch to more accurately reflect the current exchange rate...

As for the OP's question: I doubt Argos stores up the north would deliver to the south, as there is a seperate charge code for the southern stores to charge that 7.50 per delivery, and this code may not be installed correctly on the NI systems. If you do go up, ask if 981/0215 is on their system, that's the ROI code. If it's on their systems, I see no reason why you couldn't order, as it all feeds into the same home delivery system in the UK.

• Registered Users Posts: 681 ✭✭✭Dampsquid

Has anyone bought something from Argos up north and had it delivered down here?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 318 ✭✭uoluol

I got around this by getting the item delivered to the Argos store itself in Newry. This was a while back, before they moved to their new store in the Quays. Not sure if they still do this, but it might be worth while giving them a call to see.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,373 ✭✭✭✭foggy_lad

snappieT wrote: »
    Or they could just adjust their ROI pricing at the next catalogue launch to more accurately reflect the current exchange rate...

As for the OP's question: I doubt Argos stores up the north would deliver to the south, as there is a seperate charge code for the southern stores to charge that 7.50 per delivery, and this code may not be installed correctly on the NI systems. If you do go up, ask if 981/0215 is on their system, that's the ROI code. If it's on their systems, I see no reason why you couldn't order, as it all feeds into the same home delivery system in the UK.
    they were supposed to be reducing loads of prices to bring them in line with prices up the north for the current catalogue but nothing was reduced, they just had their usual "fake" offers.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,198 ✭✭✭buckfasterer

Argos does deliver over the border, as far as i am aware its a £30 charge.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 681 ✭✭✭Dampsquid

Actually was up there yesterday. They need a postcode to place a order, therefore they can't deliver to the south. Luckily brother lives up there so i got it sent to him, will sort out a van to bring it down... will still be way cheaper than buying in south

Dampsquid wrote: »
    Actually was up there yesterday. They need a postcode to place a order, therefore they can't deliver to the south.
    So do ROI stores, they just leave it blank. Chances are the person you spoke to didn't know you could leave it blank.

It may still be their policy not to deliver to the south.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 677 ✭✭✭darc

So the OP is complaining about the prices Argos is charging down here yet still wants to give their money to Argos in the North???:eek:

Mr Argos must be jumping up and down with joy. Charge ridicously high prices - even higher in republic and the fools who don't pay his extreme prices in the south want to come north and pay his slightly less extreme prices there!

Argos are an overpriced store in the UK and even more overpriced in Ireland. About 5% of their products are competitively priced and the rest are overpriced compared to even local retailers in Ireland.

Yes they are convienent, but you pay dearly for that convienence.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 13,425 ✭✭✭✭Ginny

Argos in Newry deliver to Dublin, they're the only store up north that have the set-up to deliver down here, I think theres a £25 delivery charge, you have to go up instore and order the products though.

Ginny wrote: »
    Argos in Newry deliver to Dublin, they're the only store up north that have the set-up to deliver down here, I think theres a £25 delivery charge, you have to go up instore and order the products though.
    Are you certain? There are two delivery services, "Home Delivery" is for furniture etc, and comes from a warehouse in the UK. This works in the UK and ROI.

In the UK, there is also a delivery service where items you could normally pick up in store are brought to your home for you. This service does not exist in ROI.

Which service are you talking about? The one for furniture and white goods only, or the one for everything else only?

The home delivery for furniture, I've ordered stuff instore in Newry and they've been delivered to dublin. AFAIK anything youorder north or south come from the same warehouse.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 shaz74

i was in strabane at the weekend, happened to come across argos there and was stunned at the difference in prices. ive just bought my first house and need loads of bits and pieces. for example light fittings argos price down here 89.99 ( £80.12 at todays rate) argos price in the north £58.69 (65.91 euro converted at todays rates) thats a massive saving of 24.08 euro on one item !
    i know this country is in a massive state of recession but with less money in our pockets i can see many more people heading up north for bargains. there really is no excuse for the massive price differences and the government only have themselves to blame if consumers vote with their feet. by the way asda in strabane which is ONE MILE from the border wasso packed with southern reg cars it took us 20 minutes to find a space !
    i will be ringing strtabane to find out if they deliver south !
    will keep ye posted !:mad:

They don't AFAIK, I've asked Argos before and they say the Newry store is the only one that has the system to input South addresses.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 shaz74

right.....
    just rang newry and strabane, they deliver here no problem and told me that a large number of deliveries are coming down EACH DAY !
    the delivery charge is £30.80 regardless of how many items are delivered in one order and that all branches will deliver . the only thing is you have to pay for them in the store as they work on a chip and pin basis.the only thing they cant deliver is white goods- large kitchen appliances. but apart from this theres no restrictions.

will be heading to newry at the weekend so !:)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,852 ✭✭✭daheff

I think they wont deliver anything that has a WEEE charge in ROI...there seems to be an issue for UK retailers (like amazon) importing these to ROI that (they say) get double charged the WEEE fee

amazon didnt sell electrical goods to ROI for the past 3 years because of this...but are now about to do so again..so maybe argos will change their policy as well soon??

• Advertisement
Advertisement